Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAMSAT 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 moss house

If you are offered a place in UL buy the new iPad as it will be more economical in the long run and avoid any uncertainty

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Urethra Franklin.

indiep wrote: »
    @1direction dont bother with the ipad! Join the 2023 class on facebook and UL GEMS Housing Hunt

Do you have a link for those? I couldnt find them when I searched on FB.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Rwalsh22

UCC at 58!

Hey, In case you didn’t know there is Facebook page set up for us, it’s called UCC Graduate Entry medicine class of 2023 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭indiep

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Adreidphysio

Any pages for UCD GEM 2019?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DS94

So I've got a score of 55 and really hoping to get UL. This morning my CAO profile says "no offers/acceptance to view at this time" so I assume this means I don't have enough points. Do we know when 2nd round offers for GEM will be? Is it Round One n 15th Aug...?? Do people think I stand a chance?? Would love to know cut off scores...

I know that Last year people got into UL on 54* in the second round. All 55s got in though so I wouldn’t lose hope. Last year round 1 was 15th August so I’m guessing our round two will be the same as the leaving certs first round. Also, people who have got UL on their first round offer might not accept it so lots of places do open up on the second round :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Surfergyal

DS94 wrote: »
    I know that Last year people got into UL on 54* in the second round. All 55s got in though so I wouldn’t lose hope. Last year round 1 was 15th August so I’m guessing our round two will be the same as the leaving certs first round. Also, people who have got UL on their first round offer might not accept it so lots of places do open up on the second round :)

Do you know how many got in on 54?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 medgirl18

Surfergyal wrote: »
    Do you know how many got in on 54?

I don’t know how many got in on 54 but I know there was still a good few who didn’t. I didn’t get an offer myself last year with that score and I spoke to many who also didn’t. Those who did had random numbers in the top couple of hundred, from what I heard anyway.

If you find out your random number from the CAO (just email them to ask), you’ll have a better idea where you fall on the list! Mine was 200 (the highest being 999) so I knew I had little chance. Best of luck - the year before last my friend got an offer on 53, so you never know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Meg94_

medgirl18 wrote: »
    I don’t know how many got in on 54 but I know there was still a good few who didn’t. I didn’t get an offer myself last year with that score and I spoke to many who also didn’t. Those who did had random numbers in the top couple of hundred, from what I heard anyway.

If you find out your random number from the CAO (just email them to ask), you’ll have a better idea where you fall on the list! Mine was 200 (the highest being 999) so I knew I had little chance. Best of luck - the year before last my friend got an offer on 53, so you never know :)

Sorry, I'm new to the whole random number thing as I've only applied to UCAS in the past.

I've applied to UL with a 54. My random number is 959, does this mean I have a high random number out of the 54 scores or the current applicants left still waiting on offers? I'm just very confused with it all :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 medgirl18

Meg94_ wrote: »
    Sorry, I'm new to the whole random number thing as I've only applied to UCAS in the past.

I've applied to UL with a 54. My random number is 959, does this mean I have a high random number out of the 54 scores or the current applicants left still waiting on offers? I'm just very confused with it all :(

All applicants get a random number between 001 and 999 for each college they apply for, regardless of Gamsat score. So if you applied to all 4 colleges you will have 4 separate random numbers.

If there is more than one person with the same Gamsat score competing for one position, the person with the higher random number gets the place. Your number is very high so that is a really good sign as you’ll be one of the first people with 54 to get an offer :) Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Surfergyal

medgirl18 wrote: »
    All applicants get a random number between 001 and 999 for each college they apply for, regardless of Gamsat score. So if you applied to all 4 colleges you will have 4 separate random numbers.

If there is more than one person with the same Gamsat score competing for one position, the person with the higher random number gets the place. Your number is very high so that is a really good sign as you’ll be one of the first people with 54 to get an offer :) Best of luck!

I was given a random score of 592, not really sure how hopeful I should be with that score

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Dr hoRse

Kirby2k07 wrote: »
    Mercer for first year. All of second year fairly far out in blanch. They fail to mention that a lot tho, wonder whyy

What? They literally hold the GEM open day in Blanch, I used to talk at it twice a year while I was an RCSI student - unless they changed this year with the new building?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 galwaypharmer

Does anyone think points will drop in round one Thursday? Have got Limerick but Dublin would be much handier for me.

Does anyone think points will drop in round one Thursday? Have got Limerick but Dublin would be much handier for me.

I suspect that like in other years UCD will drop to 58*. I myself have 58 but my random allocation number is too low to get in. I'd also expect RCSI to drop maybe a point at most. But less likely to drop than UCD as they have fewer EU places available; smaller cohort means fewer people will not accept their place eg 2 may reject a place they have been offered instead of 12 etc. But this is purely guess work. It means nothing and is only my personal guess. No different to your guess or anyone elses. Anything could happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Indecisivegirl

I actually got a call from UCD admissions a few days ago but I did get a 59 in the GAMSAT so I wouldn’t be sure if their drop is just from a 59* to a 59 or if they’re going down to 58 (if there is gonna be a drop)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 lucasmaximus

Is it common for the colleges to call with an offer before round 1? My hopes were just dashed there as I haven’t received a call

Is it common for the colleges to call with an offer before round 1? My hopes were just dashed there as I haven’t received a call

I’m honestly not sure, I didn’t even expect a call as I’ve never heard of them calling before round 1 offers. I thought that when they called it was only before round 2 and after round 1 had already passed. Just because you didn’t get a call doesn’t necessarily mean you won’t get a place! Don’t give up hope, you never know what will happen on offers day

• Registered Users Posts: 32 1direction

Anyone get w cork offer on 57?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 hughie101

anyone get an offer from UL today?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭WorthlessPeon

Any offers below 60 for RCSI?

I checked point updates. UCD and RCSI (59* and 60*) stayed the same apparently. The rest didn't publish

• Registered Users Posts: 20 kieran.molo

My random number for UL is 395. does that mean. im sitting on 54. anybody get offers on 54?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Meg94_

My random number for UL is 395. does that mean. im sitting on 54. anybody get offers on 54?

My random number for UL is 959 and I’ve a 54, no luck yet :(

Just got into UCD on 59, my random number was 414

How do you find out your random number?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 kieran.molo

according to the CAO, no offers were made this round for UCC and UL meaning places are filled as of now, unless people drop out or defer

Careers portal have stated that UL have a 54 Rd 1 cutoff score. I'm not sure how accurate this source is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 summerstown

Well I'm still not after being offered UL and I've 55... so so gutted

• Advertisement

keep that head up man

Advertisement