Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To 4k or not to 4k

Options
  • 26-11-2017 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭

I'm in the market for a top shelf monitor but after going threw review after review I'm none the wiser.

I've got a 1080 Ti graphics card and I've been looking at the Predator XB321hk but being drawn to the wide screen offerings that Predator and Asus ROG swift have.

Brain is melted trying to pick the best one to go for.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'd go 1440p high-refresh; good compromise between them.

If you can get a HDR/10-bit monitor however that's a different story.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

What is your budget? 1080Ti and Asus PG348 34" here, 100hz > 21:9 is the way forward; excellent for most games and great for two browsers side by side, office etc.
    It is a bit of a lottery getting one without too much IPS glow but buy from someone with a decent return policy and you should be good-it seems to be less of an issue with newer panels anyway.

If I was buying now I would wait for the Dell AW3418DW as it is 120hz capable. The Acer 34-Inch X34A is currently going for £799 on amazon, stil an excellent monitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Thanks for all your replies guys. I went for the Acer 34-Inch X34A QHD Curved Monitor in the end.

Advertisement