Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GH mini or Amazon Dot for parents with ios phone?

• 26-11-2017 6:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Thinking of getting my parents a GH mini or a dot.
    Which is easiest to set up and use for elderly parents.? I have a spare tp link smart plug that I'm giving them too for a hall lamp.
    Will the Google home app install on their iPhone without having to do a workaround?
    I tried to install the alexa app on their phone but think u need to do some work around?
    Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I'd recommend GH, it is easy to setup and use and is better at understanding you and answering questions.

Most of the functionality of GH can be used without workarounds. Only two advanced features, Multiuser support and Shortcuts currently require some working around.

Advertisement