Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 x AH bans

Options
  • 26-11-2017 6:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭

Hi I have 3 AH bans to dispute. The first 2 I didn't dispute at the time as I was caught up with some real life stuff. Should I dispute separately or together. The third ban for 3 months will likely reference the earlier bans which I would
    have disputed at the time had I more time to think it through.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Have you attempted to discuss / resolve the bans with the mods in question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Jobs OXO

dudara wrote: »
    Have you attempted to discuss / resolve the bans with the mods in question?

Yeah and was directed here. I think this latest 3 month ban over a thread I started was particular harsh. I seem to be being targeted.

BAN THREE for dispute

Date: 26/11/2017 | 17:41
    You can dispute any cards or bans you want. As far as I know you need to start a seperate dispute for every card/ban but you can pm an admin to ask them that to be sure.

To: Conspectus
    Date: 26/11/2017 | 17:38
    It wasn't a trolling thread. It's actually a true situation believe or not. Anyway looking at some recent threads I'm not sure why you're picking on me e.g.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057813503/1/#post105383147

I'm not sure what you have against me but i haven't broken any rules.

Can I start a dispute thread on this ?

Date: 26/11/2017 | 17:21
    You were told twice and banned for starting stupid trolling threads. You don't seem to be getting the message.

Quote: Jobs OXO
    Can you advise what rule I have broken? Per charter "After hours is the place to come on boards where general discussion can be light-hearted. The aim here is to have a bit of a laugh and not to piss anybody off while doing so."

Date: 26/11/2017 | 16:52
    Dear Jobs OXO,

You have been banned from After Hours for three months for ignoring a moderator's instructions.

Discussion can become heated, we don't object to that, but when a moderator issues a warning on a thread to reign things in, it stops a heated discussion from turning into a mess.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

Conspectus

Moderator Note

Next ban is permanent.

Your post:Quote: Jobs OXO
    My new bird nips really really hard when we're going at it. Lips,nose, shoulders.....she's actually drawn blood ! But scared tbh. Haven't let her get too close to the sex stick with the gnashers which isn't right. Anyone have a partner that just bites too much?

BAN TWO for dispute

This was a lighthearted joke in the spirit of AH or so I thought. Didn't dispute at the time as was caught up with real life stuff.

Date: 01/10/2017 | 00:23
    Dear Jobs OXO,

You have been banned from After Hours for one month for Trolling.

This means you are posting in an intentionally provocative fashion in order to gain a reaction from other members. This is disruptive and causes stress to other members.
    We don't want that here.

Conspectus

Moderator Note

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=104838964#post104838964

You were already told about posting sh!te.

Despite it being as clean as a whistle she's just not on for playing the sexy flute tonight. What can I do?

BAN ONE for dispute

I was drunk when I posted this. I tried to explain to the mod who wasn't agreeing. I should have done a dispute for the severity at the time but didn't.

Date: 02/09/2017 | 09:26
    Dear Jobs OXO,

You have been banned from After Hours for five days for Trolling.

This means you are posting in an intentionally provocative fashion in order to gain a reaction from other members. This is disruptive and causes stress to other members.
    We don't want that here.

ancapailldorcha

Moderator Note

post104559591. Stop posting nonsense here.

The only problem I had is this is not a bad lass only now she has to do with that one. You need your ye to get a good deal. You need a good game and a great day you have a look and easy game and you have to play with me ! Ha ha ha. You can get it.

That's what I think happened.

The only reason why is it that the only problem I can see yu The walking ye has gone on to hold a seat on a bus. Or Ben

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'll request a CMod to get involved.

dudara wrote: »
    I'll request a CMod to get involved.

Ok thanks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Please discuss with mods before Cmod review

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Please discuss with mods before Cmod review

I have. Was told to come here

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Gotcha. Let me look into it

• Advertisement

Gotcha. Let me look into it

Ok thanks. I am particularly concerned with how this has escalated. Especially this latest 3 months ban for starting a light hearted (and partly !) true thread. I am truly not sure what rule I have broken to earn this 3 month ban with a further threat of a permanent ban.

The escalation of bans is normal in AH. It allows problem posters who do not take advantage of repeated warnings be excluded from the forum.

The escalation of bans is normal in AH. It allows problem posters who do not take advantage of repeated warnings be excluded from the forum.

Ok. Well then I need you to have a look at the 3 I have listed please.

Hi can I check if there is an update?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

The CMod has 3 rather than the usual 1 ban to review. It could take a couple of days to go through the background, discuss with the mods, etc.

Is there anything else you want to add before I make a call on this?

Is there anything else you want to add before I make a call on this?

Well I am baffled with the last ban. Unless I am misreading what AH is I'm unsure why the thread I started was deemed worthy of a 3 month ban.

Hi

Thank you for your patience.

I have looked into this in some detail and have spoken to the relevant mods.

Ban 1
    I don't accept being drunk as an excuse for anyones posting. Most of us drink at some stage in life but manage to avoid adverse consequences.
    I note that you did not discuss this with the mod in question as I requested in my first post on this thread so am therefore not inclined to reverse it at this point. Ban upheld

Ban 2
    This seems to me like a fairly childish post. AH is not meant to be that high brow but in general I like to think it is higher brow than 'Despite it being as clean as a whistle she's just not on for playing the sexy flute tonight. What can I do?'
    Now in general this probably would not have incurred any action however given that you were just back from a ban for talking rubbish it would seem to me that you did not heed the warning from the first ban and just continued on as before. The length of the ban (1 month) is probably excessive and after discussions with the mod he has stated that he probably would have reduced it had you engaged with him on it. You didn't however. As the ban is already served then reducing it to a week or so is not going to benefit anyone. Therefore ban upheld (however see below re duration).

Ban 3
    Again you did not heed the warnings given to you in previous bans and continued on posting as you liked. At no point did you stop and consider that maybe your posting style is a problem or that you were a problem. I also do not think you engaged constructively with the mod so again ban upheld.

What we can do is figure out a way to move forward here. AH (as I stated previously) operates incrimental bans. This is why you got a three month ban most recently and your next ban would most likely be 6 months or permanent.
    What I would suggest is that if you can demonstrate that you have heeded the warnings to date then we can reset you to earlier in the process where your next ban will be 3 months rather than permanent. In this regard you need to stop starting threads for at least a month and refrain from posting about your penis.
    If you can agree to that then I am happy to suspend your most recent ban to time already served and give you back full access to the forum.
    Can you please advise whether this is agreeable to you?

Hi

Thank you for your patience.

I have looked into this in some detail and have spoken to the relevant mods.

Ban 1
    I don't accept being drunk as an excuse for anyones posting. Most of us drink at some stage in life but manage to avoid adverse consequences.
    I note that you did not discuss this with the mod in question as I requested in my first post on this thread so am therefore not inclined to reverse it at this point. Ban upheld

Ban 2
    This seems to me like a fairly childish post. AH is not meant to be that high brow but in general I like to think it is higher brow than 'Despite it being as clean as a whistle she's just not on for playing the sexy flute tonight. What can I do?'
    Now in general this probably would not have incurred any action however given that you were just back from a ban for talking rubbish it would seem to me that you did not heed the warning from the first ban and just continued on as before. The length of the ban (1 month) is probably excessive and after discussions with the mod he has stated that he probably would have reduced it had you engaged with him on it. You didn't however. As the ban is already served then reducing it to a week or so is not going to benefit anyone. Therefore ban upheld (however see below re duration).

Ban 3
    Again you did not heed the warnings given to you in previous bans and continued on posting as you liked. At no point did you stop and consider that maybe your posting style is a problem or that you were a problem. I also do not think you engaged constructively with the mod so again ban upheld.

What we can do is figure out a way to move forward here. AH (as I stated previously) operates incrimental bans. This is why you got a three month ban most recently and your next ban would most likely be 6 months or permanent.
    What I would suggest is that if you can demonstrate that you have heeded the warnings to date then we can reset you to earlier in the process where your next ban will be 3 months rather than permanent. In this regard you need to stop starting threads for at least a month and refrain from posting about your penis.
    If you can agree to that then I am happy to suspend your most recent ban to time already served and give you back full access to the forum.
    Can you please advise whether this is agreeable to you?

Ok agreed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement