Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berserker MTL RTA Questions

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Looks like MTL tanks are on the rise again. That's all I vape on. They're so much easier on juice and you still get a descent hit off them. I'm the only MTLer in work all the other lads are sub ohm guys. It gets a bit ridiculous with the amount of vape they give off. May as well be drinking the stuff hah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭stuartmurphy87

TinCool wrote: »
    Looks like MTL tanks are on the rise again. That's all I vape on. They're so much easier on juice and you still get a descent hit off them. I'm the only MTLer in work all the other lads are sub ohm guys. It gets a bit ridiculous with the amount of vape they give off. May as well be drinking the stuff hah

Yeah i only really sub ohm at the min but im thinking of trying one of the new rebuildable mtl tanks.

Im not fussed with throat hit or anything like that, just like good flavour.

I recently filled up my old nautilus mini to try and it was surprisingly nice after all that time sub ohming.

Might pick up the berserker or the mini version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I was having trouble with dry hits on my kanthal 1ohm build over the past few days. Seems like it was caused by whatever way I was wicking it, I think had too much cotton because when I opened it up right after a dry hit I could see the cotton was very dry. Seems like you need to be quite careful and not wick it too much. Anyway decided to build a spaced ss 316l coil and now vaping in it TC mode. Seems to be going really well and flavour is even better than before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

I was having trouble with dry hits on my kanthal 1ohm build over the past few days. Seems like it was caused by whatever way I was wicking it, I think had too much cotton because when I opened it up right after a dry hit I could see the cotton was very dry. Seems like you need to be quite careful and not wick it too much. Anyway decided to build a spaced ss 316l coil and now vaping in it TC mode. Seems to be going really well and flavour is even better than before.

438196.jpeg

Ha, I have that exact same setup on one of my Berserkers. They make a great pair.

Wicking, I agree it is fussy about how it is wicked. I generally have no issue with too much cotton or too little, but what I have found is if the length is just barely touching the base of the wick channels then it always vapes good. I use 26 gauge .8 to 1.1 contact coil with a 2.5mm ID.

I also found after wicking, it is best to leave it an hour before vaping otherwise I sometimes get a dry hit and/or a taste of the cotton, but as I am fairly new to building, this is probably normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 shane122

I've also been having lots of probs with wicking also, some times and think I have it and it's the best thing ever then I staart to get near dry hits.r really spent a lot of time on this with diff coils and wicking.fell like giving up but will be hard to go back to premades full time after getting a taste of something way better. Can someone show a picture of there wick just before they put it in the juice well I'll

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

shane122 wrote: »
    I've also been having lots of probs with wicking also, some times and think I have it and it's the best thing ever then I staart to get near dry hits.r really spent a lot of time on this with diff coils and wicking.fell like giving up but will be hard to go back to premades full time after getting a taste of something way better. Can someone show a picture of there wick just before they put it in the juice well I'll

I just re-wicked, but I'll try remember and take a pic next time.

I'm pretty new to rebuilding, but I'm confident I have wicking the Berserker nailed. I wick it great everytime now, I'll share my tips in the hope it helps.

1. I use Koh Gen Do Rectangle Cotton Wick.
    2. Cut a strip about twice the width of your coil. I find 26 gauge 2.5mm diameter to be perfect for size and flavour for this tank.
    3. The cotton should not be tight in the coil. You should be able to pull it through without the coil moving much.
    4. Rake the cotton before you cut it and get it fluffy.
    5. Important one this, rest your scissors up against the side of the threads the chimney screws on to and cut. This will give you the perfect length everytime.
    6. Gently move the ends of the cotton in to the juice wells from the bottom of the cotton. Do not stuff them down.
    7. Get the cotton good and wet then screw the tank on.
    8. Have 2 or 3 vapes and then let sit for an hour. If I don't let it sit I get a cotton taste and sometimes dry hits. If I let it sit it is perfect.

I usually build between a 0.8 and 1.1ohm coil and vape at 15/16 watts.

Note: Some people leave the skins on the cotton, others remove them. I personally remove the skin from one side and leave the other, but I don't think it matters as I have wicked it perfect with them or without.

Hope it helps. It is fantastic once you learn to wick it right.

Advertisement