Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Favourite Pizza

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Tayschren

Diavola from brezzis in Portmarnock.. Thin crust and a can of ice cold coke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Novecentos in Cork.
    The Margherita pizza with olives form them is seriously nice.

There's a place in Waterford, I can't recall the name, but they do a very nice white pizza with portobello mushrooms, truffle oil and rocket. Poncy, I know, but just very, very nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

my mother's homemade one.
    Thick crust with rasher, sausages, cheese, tomatoes, black+ white pudding.
    Come to think of it that's a fry up pizza :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Margherita or pepperoni, not too much cheese, nice stone-baked, charred crust.

But the pepperoni - I actually find the type used in authentic places way too salty, so crappy pepperoni for me please. It's less salty.

I don't like an over-loaded pizza, be it too much cheese, tomato sauce or other toppings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

TomSweeney wrote: »
    Pineapple on a pizza is a crime! Whoever invented the Hawaiin pizza needs to be strung up and shot!

And anchovies as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

snowflaker wrote: »
    New Yorker in Dominos
    - Mushrooms
    + Pineapple

On Italian crust.

Devine! What's yours?

d6f60b34dbc47248d543049f9ae2004c.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Blazer wrote: »
    my mother's homemade one.
    Thick crust with rasher, sausages, cheese, tomatoes, black+ white pudding.
    Come to think of it that's a fry up pizza :D

Can I come to your mothers house for pizza ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Frozen: I usually go for a chicken and spinach pizza, or ham and salami with mushrooms, both Dr. Oetker, though Aldi does a savage spinach pizza with goats cheese and caramelised onions. Partial to a hawaiian now and then too.

Four star: chicken and bacon pizza with BBQ base, onions, mushrooms and sweetcorn. Also love pepperoni pizza with ham, mushrooms, sweetcorn and onion.

Milanos: I usually go for the chicken pizza with onions and peppadew peppers.

There was a place in Dublin, not sure if it's still there now, in Rathmines, called Manifesto that does the nicest pizza I've had in Ireland.

All of the pizza, nom nom nom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Cheese, extra cheese and pineapple on a flat Base. Yummy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭eqwjewoiujqorj

Delivery pizza is now a rip off - most have a minimum amount to delivery, so it's very easy to spend 20 euro, with the delivery charge and a tip.

I mainly just buy frozen pizza now, which has really improved over the years, odd time I might get one from an Italian chipper place.

These are a few of the best in my opinion and most can be got for 2 or 3 euro when on special.

Goodfellas Deli. Calabrese Salami Chorizo - €3.50
    Nearest to a takeaway pizza imo.
    290%5C5391527070290%5CIDShot_225x225.jpg

Goodfella's Extra Thin Pepperoni And Chorizo; - €3.00
    155%5C5391520187155%5CIDShot_225x225.jpg

Milano Sloppy Giuseppe Pizza - only when it's half price about €2.95
    586%5C5051873000586%5CIDShot_225x225.jpg

Goodfella's Mighty Meat Feast €4.00
    A great feed for the price.
    701%5C5391520188701%5CIDShot_225x225.jpg

Goodfella's Deep Pan Pepperoni
    Honorable mention.
    440%5C5391520182440%5CIDShot_225x225.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Patww79 wrote: »
    The thread title was favourite pizza in Ireland was it?

No?

Well you made a right balls of that didn't you.

Touchy aren't we?

Do you understand the concept of humour?

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭markc1184

I like any type of pizza once it's without pineapple and is spicy. If I can add some chilli to it myself, all the better. The nicest pizza I've had lately was in The Dough Bros in Galway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Don't like the chain delivery places domino's etc, they can taste nice initially but the heavy dough sits in my gut making me feel ropey and the quality of the toppings is usually poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Brick Oven in Bantry did cracking pizzas the last time I visited. Not sure if still the case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I've actually made a move to just plain cheese pizzas. An independent Italian place near me does a 3 cheese with one of them being gorgonzola. It's well yum. Otherwise it's pepperoni but that can be a bit too oily...

In Australia Dominos and Pizza Hut have had a race to the bottom of the barrel. Pizzas are just one size around the 10 or 11" mark and for simple ones like pepperoni cost $5aud. The problem is the ingredients are ****e and because they've all gone down this road literally every chain tastes the same. I actually WISH I could have a Dominos from Ireland or the UK right now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I like most and make my own occasionally, far too occasionally. When I do it's a nice simple sauce, mozzarella, parma ham and basil.

Honourable mention to the Goodfellas Pepperoni Deep Pan, pure nostalgia there. Saturday Nights as a kid were spent watching MOTD with my father and 3 brothers. 3 pizza's were made, never enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

One with a caviar and lobster and the most expensive cheese with rocket washed down by expensive champagne.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Cupra280

Gino's in Waterford or Cork.

A Gino's Special:
    - Pineapple
    + Chili peppers

Absolutely delicious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I'll fight anyone to the death who says pineapple shouldn't be on a pizza

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Thin base, all the meat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

One with a caviar and lobster and the most expensive cheese with rocket washed down by expensive champagne.
    Lobster stuffed with tacos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Lobster stuffed with tacos.

Let's do lunch.

Btw people, is there no love for the humble Dr. Oetker Ristorante pizza?

Did you know: Dr. Oetker used to practice medicine in Hamburg, Germany, but one day when he was bored, he decided to make a pizza that was so good that one of his patients who was offered some declared it the best pizza he had ever tasted. Said patient, then promptly died on the table with stringy cheese foaming out of his mouth, knowing that life could never get any better. So Dr. Oetker quit his job ( he wasn't a very good doctor anyway), and the rest is a pizza history.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Fathead pizza with any toppings. Never liked any pizza before trying fathead pizza but now I'd eat fathead pizza regularly. In fact, I had it for dinner yesterday with ham and cheese for toppings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

There's a shop near my house that does lovely pizzas. They used to be a newsagents/deli. They have a weird setup now with them still selling stuff like washing powder and soap. It's half shop half takeaway. If I didn't live so close to it I would have never dreamed of going in there but they do some of the nicest pizza I've ever tasted.

I'm not into Dominos pizzas but they have this lovely cinnamon bread in the shape of a pizza that comes with a tub of dip that's like soft, melted cake icing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Domino's New Yorker (no changes needed) or the Four Star Empire State

Hungry now!

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DaeryssaOne

Not a massive pizza fan but if it's the only thing I think may cure my hangover then a dominos with ham, mushroom and onion is the only solution for me.

As far as frozen pizza goes, would only ever eat the Dr Oetker ones.

Both chicken and pineapple absolutely do not belong on pizzas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Really not sold on frozen pizza, but Aldi do a Margherita pizza which is actually quite nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

also anything from pizza 2000 n blessington

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

This is not weird!

Mizzonis Hot and Spicy(Chilli beef, pepperoni & chilli flakes) with Pineapple, Onion, Sausage and Sweetcorn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

A do my own Job with Cheese. I'm not into like Pepperoni etc., and the fixed official 3-Flavours or whatever that ya get. So literally just on top of plain cheese, I like, - Ham, Chicken, Mushrooms, Pineapple, and Sweetcorn, with as thick a crust as possible. Sometimes at home I add Garden Peas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

No cheese, pepperoni/sausage, onion, pepper and garlic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Pepperoni, peppers, onion, sweetcorn and chilli flakes.

Fcukin starving now after reading this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Aperitivo on Parliament Street fo great pizzas.

Paulie's pizza in Dublin 4 wins it for me though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

pineapple has no place on pizza you monsters!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

I love pineapple on pizza. Do people also hate pineapple in a sweet and sour stir fry?

Anyway I decided to get a takeaway pizza this evening and it wasn't great (not because of the pineapple.) Right now I never want to even look at another pizza again :/:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    In before the arseholes with the

" pine nuts, walnuts, rocket leaves, chili garlic oil and some thrice sun brunt tomatoes with a sprinkle of goats cheese "

That sounds class enough, I'll take two, please.

The Franciscan Well gets another vote from me anyway. Very tasty stuff altogether, a decent size and always really really fresh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

I don't have Pepperoni on my Ice Cream and similarly I dont like Pineapple on my Pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

I like pizza but we'd usually make our own or if lazy, just get one of the Aldi ones and add extra cheese and toppings yourself.

Have to say it slightly mystifies me seeing people pay the prices they do for takeaway pizza. It's one of those fast foods where the price gap between what's sold by takeaway joints and supermarkets seems pretty excessive.

I'd much rather get a decent Indian or Thai for the same price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

The original modern pizza was just a base with a splash of seasoned passata thrown at your face (with a bit of cheese added if you were loaded). Anything else added to pizza is just hipster, moustache twirling, bullshit.

Oh and people who get 'meat feast' pizzas are just carrion-gobbling vultures, you disgusting people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Tesco Stonebaked Pepperoni pizza; 75cent and could rival any take-away pizza.
    Thin crust, really nice tomato sauce and the pepperoni is gorgeous.
    I don't think many people know how nice they are!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Restaurant - Da Mimmo in Dublin is pretty great. There's one called a Bunga Bunga which has all possible kinds of meat on it.

A second favourite would be the Beatrice in Il Fornaio - Tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, ham, mushroom & egg.

Frozen - Chicago Town Pepperoni every time. It's massively calorific and salty but so so good.

Mostly, however, I make my own. I don't home make the base, but I make my own sauce (tin of chopped tomatoes, basil, oregano, red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, garlic, seasoned to taste) and then add whatever cheese / toppings I want. Currently liking a veggie one which is sauce, red onion, baby leaf spinach, and topped with crumbled goat's cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭eqwjewoiujqorj

fussyonion wrote: »

Is it normally that price?

It's 1.75 - about €2 in Tesco UK,
    although the UK one is made in Germany and the Irish one in Ireland and they have different nutrition values.

ZgWDLko.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Enjoy the ones in centra that just have cling film on them, very filling though.

Also the base you can get in Aldi and do up your own is nice. Would go for chorizo and peppers on that, use relish as the sauce oddly.

I'm in the yes to pineapple camp, it goes nice and is better than the likes of mushroom and sweetcorn too. Mainly go for pepperoni though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Plenty of Italians be getting their knickers in a twists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

fussyonion wrote: »

Is it normally that price?

It's 1.75 - about €2 in Tesco UK,
    although the UK one is made in Germany and the Irish one in Ireland and they have different nutrition values.

ZgWDLko.png

It was always €1.05, then it dropped to 95 and now it's 75c.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Second Yellow

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Dominos, Apache, Four Star, etc. are all muck. Best pizza is usually from independent pizzarias IMO

This. There's a place on my way home from work in Galway. I may be supporting them financially...

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Second Yellow

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    And pineapple on a pizza! Goway outta that!

There should be legislation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Should be legislation to support loverly Pineapple as a necessity on ALL pizzas (ideally enforced upon fried chips and doughnuts also).

It contains high levels of the enzyme 'bromelain' will may ease arthritic pain (inflammation via osteoarthritis).
    As those whom enjoy such fat saturated foods on regular basis may possibly already be obese (20-30% of the population and rising) and thus inflamed.
    It can be further complimented with a shake of (Atlantic sea) salt, ginger, turmeric (with black pepper), to further reduce inflammation and free radicals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Don Kiddick

Should be legislation to support loverly Pineapple as a necessity on ALL pizzas (ideally enforced upon fried chips and doughnuts also).

It contains high levels of the enzyme 'bromelain' will may ease arthritic pain (inflammation via osteoarthritis).
    As those whom enjoy such fat saturated foods on regular basis may possibly already be obese (20-30% of the population and rising) and thus inflamed.
    It can be further complimented with a shake of (Atlantic sea) salt, ginger, turmeric (with black pepper), to further reduce inflammation and free radicals.

I have chronic arthritis...I'd rather the pain of inflamed joints than eating fckin pineapple on my pizza

• Advertisement
Advertisement