Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Club Fitting Inconsistencies

Options
  • 26-11-2017 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

I got fitted for new irons recently. What has confused me is that I have now been to 3 professional fitters, they have all pushed forged expensive clubs, which are great for feel and workability but I don't have the swing for feel so I need to get some distance and forgiveness (I am playing off 10).

What has really thrown me is that they have all recommended different shafts, Fitter No 1 - KBC regular (heavyish), Fitter No 2 (who fit alot of the pros in Ireland) Nippon 850 stiff (light shaft), and Fitter No 3 Nippon 850 regular (same as Fitter No 2 but regular rather than stiff). My swing speed low 80s so is borderline regular / stiff.

Should I expect there to be that much of a difference, surely there should not be that much variance in the shafts?

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ShivasIrons

Bottle wrote: »
    I got fitted for new irons recently. What has confused me is that I have now been to 3 professional fitters, they have all pushed forged expensive clubs, which are great for feel and workability but I don't have the swing for feel so I need to get some distance and forgiveness (I am playing off 10).

What has really thrown me is that they have all recommended different shafts, Fitter No 1 - KBC regular (heavyish), Fitter No 2 (who fit alot of the pros in Ireland) Nippon 850 stiff (light shaft), and Fitter No 3 Nippon 850 regular (same as Fitter No 2 but regular rather than stiff). My swing speed low 80s so is borderline regular / stiff.

Should I expect there to be that much of a difference, surely there should not be that much variance in the shafts?

Any thoughts?

Those three shafts are similar in performance so there really isn't much variance between them. The KBS regular has more weight towards the grip then the other two and so will feel similar with the lighter weights of them.

A variance would be going from a dynamic gold s300 to a nippon 950 or from a C Taper to a C Taper lite.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Bottle

Thanks for the insight. What about stiff v regular? Will that just effect height / flight if the ball?

Would you have any thoughts regarding the FST REAX 88 HL Stiff compared with those other shafts?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ShivasIrons

Bottle wrote: »
    Thanks for the insight. What about stiff v regular? Will that just effect height / flight if the ball?

Would you have any thoughts regarding the FST REAX 88 HL Stiff compared with those other shafts?

Again should be similar. Best thing is to hit them all and use the one that feels the best to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

Head weight of the iron will make a difference so unless you are putting them in to the same head you will get different results.

Advertisement