Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Round roast

Options
  • 26-11-2017 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭

I've a lump of this stuff in the freezer and don't know what to do with it. It's no use as a Sunday roast unless you have metal teeth.
    I was thinking of using it for something like this - Any other ideas ??

https://www.afamilyfeast.com/mexican-shredded-beef/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭gifted

jos28 wrote: »
    I've a lump of this stuff in the freezer and don't know what to do with it. It's no use as a Sunday roast unless you have metal teeth.

Puts mine into a slow cooker with good stock and onion carrot celery and a glass of red wine....6 hrs and it's falling apart....make fab gravy from juice

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Take the glass out before serving...
    gifted wrote: »
    Puts mine into a slow cooker with good stock and onion carrot celery and a glass of red wine....6 hrs and it's falling apart....make fab gravy from juice

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

jos28 wrote: »

That looks good, and the resulting texture is similar to what you'd get if you did it in a slow cooker.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Cheers folks, I'll let you know how it turns out

• Registered Users Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

This is on the slow cooker menu for tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestion! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Used a Housekeepers Cut instead of a Round Roast.

‘‘Twas delicious!! :)

Used that round roast and while it was very tasty it didn't have the texture of pulled meat. I don't have a slow cooker so I did it in the oven at 150 for 6 hours !!
    It was a huge piece so there's plenty left over for lunch tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Definitely the slow cooker....will turn out ever bit as nice as a more expensive cut, I would always finish mine off in a hot oven just to get a few crispy bits.

harr wrote: »
    Definitely the slow cooker....will turn out ever bit as nice as a more expensive cut, I would always finish mine off in a hot oven just to get a few crispy bits.

Think I might have to ask Santa for a slow cooker :D

Advertisement