Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College orchard, Newbridge

Options
  • 27-11-2017 7:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hey,

We are looking at a house in the college Orchard area in Newbridge. Can anyone give me some information on the area? We're moving from Dublin with 2 kids 9 and 2 and just want to know is it a safe enough area. We've been down a couple of times and it seems quiet enough.

Thanks S.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

I live in Kildare town but I’m very familiar with the area and looked at a few houses in this part of Newbridge recently.

From College orchard it’s a 10 minute stroll to the town centre. Train station is also walking distance. A few local sports clubs also within easy walking distance.

The immediate surrounding estates are fairly well settled but there are some new developments close by with a lot younger and broader cross section of people living in them.

All in all it’s a very good area of Newbridge to buy/rent in.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

I live just around the corner from there, have walked the dog a few times around that estate.
    Seems a nice spot. Nothing really jumps out about that area compared to other parts of newbridge and it's in a nice part with easy access to the town and rive walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

I live in a nearby estate
    Nice quite area
    Walking distance of the town and train station
    Lots of primary schools
    Secondary schools not as plentiful

Advertisement