Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Ripple Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 hogan90

dashoonage wrote: »
    I just did the math there. I need it to hit 888 Euro a coin and I can retire....come on baby

:p

Which platform did you buy from?

Binance.

Does it allow me to directly with euro?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

No

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I hold mine on GateHub but didn’t buy there.

I tried to connect an EU bank account three weeks ago and it’s still pending so I wouldn’t have much faith in them if you’re in a hurry.

Works fine as a wallet though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Since when have Kraken disabled stop loss trades?

Since October from what can see....unless you have a way of doing them currently?

Dades wrote: »
    I hold mine on GateHub but didn’t buy there.

I tried to connect an EU bank account three weeks ago and it’s still pending so I wouldn’t have much faith in them if you’re in a hurry.

Works fine as a wallet though.

Lovely, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Gryzor

looks like binance just fell over!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Gryzor wrote: »
    looks like binance just fell over!

Yea and no idea if a big order ever went through for me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭keano25

I just did the math there. I need it to hit 888 Euro a coin and I can retire....come on baby

I wonder realistically what's the max this coin can hit?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

Yea and no idea if a big order ever went through for me :(

Have an amount of ripple on Binance and tried to get some Eth sent over from gdax but it's disappeared. Gdax says its completed but no sign on Binance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Binance was down for a scheduled maintenance I believe.

what the status in Binance Funds/History. Should be something in there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

Gryzor wrote: »
    what the status in Binance Funds/History. Should be something in there

Nothing there. Upon second checking coinbase the transaction is showing gdax withdrawal complete but also sent Ethereum to Eth address pending

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ned087

Autochange wrote: »
    Nothing there. Upon second checking coinbase the transaction is showing gdax withdrawal complete but also sent Ethereum to Eth address pending

It can take time i got mine in 4, 5 hours

Is there no bloody easy way to buy Ripple?:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Lodge euros to coinbase
    Buy bitcoin or ethereum
    Send to Binance
    Buy XRP on Binance with sent funds

That's what i did. Not hard ones you've setup accounts on both.

Don't forget to set up an XRP wallet!
    Leaving them on an exchange isn't an option.

Especially when your exchange is knackered, like Binance is now.

Binance is fine, working perfectly for me at the minute.

But yes, there's no way I'd trust leaving anything on an exchange like Binance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Any recommendations? Looking at getting a Ledger myself, but still doing my research into my options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Lads, I was told that you can buy in with etoro - but when I go on there, it seems to have a "take profit" part - which I assume when the price hits a set number, you automatically sell out, I think the max I could put in was 10x rise, so i.e. hit $30 then it sells. Is my logic right?, and if so is there any easy way for me to buy this coins, and have them stored online, not overly confident about having coins in an online wallet when I hardly know what I'm getting into.

• Advertisement

What wallet are you using?

jon1981 wrote: »

I'm using Toast, but I would like to switch. Not because there have been problems with it, just because I'm sure there are better wallets out there since I got Toast in my first few days of trading Crypto.

Only thing is, with Ripple's 20 XRP reserve for all wallets, I don't want to lose 20 XRP to Toast and then another 20 XRP to a new wallet.

It will be Toast for me until Ripple lower the 20 XRP requirement.

Lodge euros to coinbase
    Buy bitcoin or ethereum
    Send to Binance
    Buy XRP on Binance with sent funds

That's what i did. Not hard ones you've setup accounts on both.

Though a SEPA transfer i did on Monday has still not been received. So can't get into any more action until then!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

Ledger nano s is excellent, very easy to use. You may be waiting a couple of weeks though!!

Benzino wrote: »
    Any recommendations? Looking at getting a Ledger myself, but still doing my research into my options.
    I use GateHub and it's been fine as a wallet, insofar as I've transferred in and out to exchanges a couple of times no problem. I don't have experience with other wallets though to compare it with.

In theory you can cash out but they haven't verified my bank a/c after three weeks, so don't sign up with cashing out quickly in mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Lads, I was told that you can buy in with etoro - but when I go on there, it seems to have a "take profit" part - which I assume when the price hits a set number, you automatically sell out, I think the max I could put in was 10x rise, so i.e. hit $30 then it sells. Is my logic right?, and if so is there any easy way for me to buy this coins, and have them stored online, not overly confident about having coins in an online wallet when I hardly know what I'm getting into.

eToro does have a "take profit" part, as in if you make a profit they take it. If you are using eToro you aren't always buying the coins sometimes you're placing a bet between you and eToro that the price will rise. It's no different than going into paddy power and saying "I'd like to place a bet that the price of bitcoin will rise"

If you like your money don't use eToro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

hogan90 wrote: »
    I have been trying to for 3 days now and cannot get through the mobile verification stage. I have raised the issue with their support team but haven't heard back. Are you experiencing the same issue?

Can somebody recommend an alternative platform to purchase XRP?

Thanks in advance

No I opened a GateHub account months ago but I was wondeing if anybody saw a large lag / discrepancy between the price on GH and the live exchange prices?

Hi from the moon everybody! The air here is remarkably sweet.

Parachutes on!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

When to sell is the question!!

• Advertisement

Is $3.50 possible?!

Is $3.50 possible?!

It hit 3.73

It hit 3.73

Based on coinmarketcap? It seems to be saying it's $3.79 now and hit $3.84 but I've no idea where that's coming from. No exchange is close to that.

Based on coinmarketcap? It seems to be saying it's $3.79 now and hit $3.84 but I've no idea where that's coming from. No exchange is close to that.

Actually yeah you're right. Not sure what's going on there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

absolutely amazed at how high xrp has got. Congrats to all investors :)

No congrats yet - it’s just pixels until it’s in the bank!

Was that the Koreans getting involved?

#cantlookaway

Is it possible Binance is lagging coin market or vice versa?

Technically, yes. Actually, no.

As I understand it, coinmarketcap takes a global average, including South Korean exchanges that always seem to be really high in comparison to others. What you'll get from the likes of poloniex/Bittrex etc is likely to be the "true" price.

What next for Ripple? What are their options?

On its current course then the market cap will pass a Trillion dollars - crazy uncharted waters!

I'd say this coin has many heads being scratched and not just those that have a vested interested, but those looking to see where the crypto space is going as a whole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

GreeBo wrote: »
    Do you think we will see $3?

I'm seeing ~$3 as the right long term price for this guy, so I;d expect it to hover between there and 2.50 for the next few months.

So now the question is, whats next?!

24 hours is long term I guess in Crypto world :D

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

For those who suggested ripple will peak at $3, what happens now? And does anyone have an idea in general what will happen when a coin maxes out from these crazy runs? Will cryptos eventually start to behave like traditional commodities?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

It's the Korean exchanges that drive up the average, it's over $4 on the likes of Bithumb and Coinone compared to the Bittrex/Bitfinex price of $3.04, have a look here:-

https://www.livecoinwatch.com/price/Ripple-XRP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Shauny2010

Its the btc/xrp pair you need to watch not the dollar value of ripple. Once investors start taking profits this pairing will rise even though fiat money may still be going into ripple the sell off will have began.
    I'm watching closely now as I want to try and get as good a price as I can

• Moderators Posts: 12,386 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Kinda regret only buying a few quid of XRP before Christmas. Only did it for the craic, but now it's taken off.

888 euro a coin wouldn't even get me a years salary :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

slipping down nicely again now. Was hoping to see it break 3 euro today :P

• Advertisement

Shauny2010 wrote: »
    Its the btc/xrp pair you need to watch not the dollar value of ripple. Once investors start taking profits this pairing will rise even though fiat money may still be going into ripple the sell off will have began.
    I'm watching closely now as I want to try and get as good a price as I can
    I have to say I haven't gotten around to understanding the "pair" thing (that's reading for this morning...)

If you want to get out of XRP does it make a difference if you choose XRP/ETH or XRP/BTC on, say, Binance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

No congrats yet - it’s just pixels until it’s in the bank!

Was that the Koreans getting involved?

#cantlookaway

+1
    In the world of investing you only make a profit (or loss) when you've sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

If you want to get out of XRP does it make a difference if you choose XRP/ETH or XRP/BTC on, say, Binance?

Not really. Other than you'll be at the win/loss of whatever you transfer to. You could go to XRP/USDT which would be a bit more stable and if you are going to reinvest on Binance.

JaCrispy wrote: »
    Not really. Other than you'll be at the win/loss of whatever you transfer to. You could go to XRP/USDT which would be a bit more stable and if you are going to reinvest on Binance.
    Many thanks. If I bought ETH or BTC on Binance it would only be to facilitate rebuying or cashing out elsewhere.

There are different fees and speeds for buying and sending different coin types from Coinbase say to Binace.

So make sure you choose wisely, as it's a rookie mistake and you end up paying higher fees by choosing the wrong type.

Also, you can reduce fees by sending coins to GDAX (coinbase parent company) first before say onto Binance (bizarre I know) but again its better in your pocket than theirs.

Your verification from Coinbase will do you for GDAX but you may need to send one more piece of I.D

• Advertisement
Advertisement