Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Ripple Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭JustShay

Quoting myself on 19-12-2017, 13:44
    JustShay wrote: »
    Ripple to reach $2 - $5 in 2018. It is coming to Coinbase which will drive it up with millions more users! Make me rich :)

Almost at $4! Best decision I have ever made! :D $$$$$$$$$$$$$

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Have Coinbase confirmed it's coming?

jon1981 wrote: »
    Have Coinbase confirmed it's coming?

Nope. Looks like the Americans are waking up! We are going to hit $4 today which is CRAZY!!

Nope. Looks like the Americans are waking up! We are going to hit $4 today which is CRAZY!!

Usual regret from myself - "Why didn't I buy more when I bought in early December :("

I seem to have a habit of underinvesting ... call it being too risk averse.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I sold about 15% of my XRP to "diversify" last week, but I'm not complaining. The glass is almost full.

Of course the real question is are things going to peak before any Coinbase etc announcements are made... like Apple stock often surging ahead of announcements?

I feel like it's a giant game of chicken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 740 ✭✭✭thejaguar

This is killing me - I thought about this before Christmas but was too lazy to follow up.

Now I'm watching the millions walk away...

I'm also having a nightmare getting verified on Coinbase. Looks like it's just not meant to be this time around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Gate hub won't confirm the text they sent. Any other wallets for ripple?

Never mind working now. I think I'll just leave it on binance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

What’s the easiest, safest and cheapest way to buy ripple? Bear in mind I don’t have a clue about it. Other than being old about it when was about 85cent before Xmas.

Also how easy is it to at an e wallet thing and in turn get the money from that to your bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭BornIn84

I second Ace2007's post. looking for the best platform from an irish bank account to buy!

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Dutchy

bitstamp.net is easiest

You can deposit by credit card

Will be waiting a while to get verified however!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,012 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Dades wrote: »
    I sold about 15% of my XRP to "diversify" last week, but I'm not complaining. The glass is almost full.

Of course the real question is are things going to peak before any Coinbase etc announcements are made... like Apple stock often surging ahead of announcements?

I feel like it's a giant game of chicken.

I bought in originally at .20c and bought a further 20% of my holding at .60c.
    I had a target price in mind for cashing out that I was expecting to hit in march 2018, it hit that a hell of a lot sooner than i was expecting.
    I sold out 80% of my holding at €1.425(Euro pricing just to upset the dollar lovers :pac:)
    My remaining 20% is now covering the total original investment and over 100% in profit versus my original investment.
    Now granted the raise since i sold has been huge, but I cant knock a 500% profit and still having skin in the game.

Its the struggle of HODL versus profit but I always say a profit banked is better than a profit apparent.

thejaguar wrote: »
    This is killing me - I thought about this before Christmas but was too lazy to follow up.

Now I'm watching the millions walk away...

I'm also having a nightmare getting verified on Coinbase. Looks like it's just not meant to be this time around.
    banie01 wrote: »
    I bought in originally at .20c and bought a further 20% of my holding at .60c.
    I had a target price in mind for cashing out that I was expecting to hit in march 2018, it hit that a hell of a lot sooner than i was expecting.
    I sold out 80% of my holding at €1.425(Euro pricing just to upset the dollar lovers :pac:)
    My remaining 20% is now covering the total original investment and over 100% in profit versus my original investment.
    Now granted the raise since i sold has been huge, but I cant knock a 500% profit and still having skin in the game.

Its the struggle of HODL versus profit but I always say a profit banked is better than a profit apparent.

Well said dude.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    What’s the easiest, safest and cheapest way to buy ripple? Bear in mind I don’t have a clue about it. Other than being old about it when was about 85cent before Xmas.

Also how easy is it to at an e wallet thing and in turn get the money from that to your bank.

If I was starting from Scratch I would. Buy ETH on Coinbase. Sign up to Bittrex. Send your ETH to Bittrex. And then trade your ETH to Ripple (XRP). Easier said than done I know, but look into it. Verification may hold you back on Bittrex, but I don't think it took long when I signed up.

can you purchase directly on Bittrex no?

BornIn84 wrote: »
    can you purchase directly on Bittrex no?

Not that I know of. Its just a trading platform for many different Cryptos.

Bittrex aren't taking any new registrations at the moment.
    https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003463331

At least they're honest about it and not leaving you hanging in anticipation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭booooonzo

I'm signed up to binance and have verified account on coinbase with some small amount of bitcoin.

I want to buy some ripple with euro

Should I buy ether or more bitcoin and transfer to binance or will i be destroyed in fees

any better way?

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

booooonzo wrote: »
    I'm signed up to binance and have verified account on coinbase with some small amount of bitcoin.

I want to buy some ripple with euro

Should I buy ether or more bitcoin and transfer to binance or will i be destroyed in fees

any better way?

thanks

Ether, the transfer time is quicker and associated fees less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭booooonzo

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Ether, the transfer time is quicker and associated fees less.

great thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

I don't have many but sold two thirds of my coins for 100% profit so will sit and watch how high ripple can go with the last few I have left

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

Carroller wrote: »
    I don't have many but sold two thirds of my coins for 100% profit so will sit and watch how high ripple can go with the last few I have left

Is it $3.78 now???

Chrongen wrote: »
    Is it $3.78 now???

$3.81* USD

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

What exchange are you getting this price on?

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

$3.33 on Kraken and that's pretty much as high as it's been

jonny_b wrote: »

$3.78 on Bittrex

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Any quick answer as to best way to buy Ripple please?
    I tried to buy Bitcoin a while back but couldn't get I'd verified, tried multiple times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

$3.78 on Bittrex

Bittrex says the 24hr high is $3.34??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

With all the people looking to buy ripple in here i might stick mine on donedeal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Heard people in my canteen discussing it but not having a clue how to buy it, donedeal might not be a bad shout............

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭millhouse

I'm convinced I'm jinxed. I sell ripple the price goes up. I sell Eth and the price goes up. Im not cut out for this. The one piece of advice I got at the start was to HODL. I've ignored it 2 or 3 times , each time to my detriment .

• Advertisement

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Bittrex says the 24hr high is $3.34??

Sorry i was looking here

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ripple/

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

millhouse wrote: »
    I'm convinced I'm jinxed. I sell ripple the price goes up. I sell Eth and the price goes up. Im not cut out for this. The one piece of advice I got at the start was to HODL. I've ignored it 2 or 3 times , each time to my detriment .

Yep, I've been caught trying to time things too, now I'm just going to leave everything as it is. I sold half my ripple in the lull between surges to this point so now I'm just going to sit back and watch it all unfold. I'm fairly well diversified across 5 coins at this point so the less messing I try the better.

It's amazing that I can now use the word "diversified" despite my initial investment being basically a bit of loose change! :p

jonny_b wrote: »

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ripple/

I'm convinced I'm jinxed. I sell ripple the price goes up. I sell Eth and the price goes up. Im not cut out for this.
    Sell a bit more, will ya? :pac:

Maybe you should stick to investing only what you're comfortable losing. That may help you to HODL.

Piece of advice mate and stick with it

If you have a girlfrend who loves you and is great in bed and doesn't cheat on you, you hold onto her......it's called "run the winners". You don't dump her because you've had a good run and she might turn bad in the future.

Same with a stock/investment

If you have a girlfriend who becomes nasty, costs you money and starts slutting around behind your back you drop her like a bad habit.....it's call "dump the losers". You don't hold onto her in the hope she'll come good in the future (trying to catch a falling dagger).

Same with a stock/investment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,276 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Maybe you should stick to investing only what you're comfortable losing. That may help you to HODL.

Or move to a hardware wallet, much hard to trade so you wont bother!

then store off your password and pin in separate files, encrypt those files. Store them on separate hardware drives and encrypt those :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Just send your coins to me ill mind them for you.

then store off your password and pin in separate files, encrypt those files. Store them on separate hardware drives and encrypt those :D

Though perhaps Im not the best person to listen to
    My Ledger Nano S is still sitting in its wrapping since it arrived, 3 weeks ago!

• Advertisement

Eth goes up by €40 and ripple drops Ffs. I won't say I'm due a change of luck cause I've been super lucky in the overall grand scheme of things but hopefully it starts to go in my favour.

Chrongen wrote: »
    Piece of advice mate and stick with it

If you have a girlfrend who loves you and is great in bed and doesn't cheat on you, you hold onto her......it's called "run the winners". You don't dump her because you've had a good run and she might turn bad in the future.

Same with a stock/investment

If you have a girlfriend who becomes nasty, costs you money and starts slutting around behind your back you drop her like a bad habit.....it's call "dump the losers". You don't hold onto her in the hope she'll come good in the future (trying to catch a falling dagger).

Same with a stock/investment.

What if you suspect her of cheating and there is some evidence she is cheating , is it then acceptable to get rid of her and shack up with someone new that you might have a better future with............
    If I'd HODL from the outset I could have had 5 different girlfriends on 5 different continents.
    I've a feeing there are plenty of others like me, novices when it comes to this type of trading.

Appreciate the advice though .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Down a good bit at the minute. Is this the big sell?

Down a good bit at the minute. Is this the big sell?

I'm using Bittrex. Sold a % of my Ripple there for ETH. I wanted to send the ETH to Coinbase to cash out but then ETH wallet went into Maintenance so I can't access it. And NOW Ripple Wallet has been disabled on Bittrex. Perhaps a sign it is being overloaded..

I've shifted some XRP to an exchange in anticipation of something... anything.

I really don't know what I'm doing but it's exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

Kraken you f(*^king suck :(

JaCrispy wrote: »
    Kraken you f(*^king suck :(

https://trade.kraken.com/kraken/ seems to be more stable than the old UI.

has that just been released?

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

GreeBo wrote: »
    https://trade.kraken.com/kraken/ seems to be more stable than the old UI.

Thanks but it still redirects to standard Kraken login page which I cannot get past.

I swore I'd never use them again, well definitely not anymore. Gonna move my XRP to bittrex at first chance.

• Advertisement

JaCrispy wrote: »
    Thanks but it still redirects to standard Kraken login page which I cannot get past.

I swore I'd never use them again, well definitely not anymore. Gonna move my XRP to bittrex at first chance.

Ah yeah, you still need to get logged in, but once you are in its better.

Advertisement