Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Ripple Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Back up we go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,949 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I use KrakAPI and found it so handy I paid €4 for the ad free version.
    For rarely encounter any issues with it. At peak trading times it can hit issues with order confirmations but at nowhere near the level of the Kraken site.
    I find it @95% reliable versus the car crash that the Kraken.com site usually is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Back up we go

Yup. All aboard again hopefully.

Heard people in my canteen discussing it but not having a clue how to buy it, donedeal might not be a bad shout............

It's starting. Look at that Metro click-bait article 'How to buy Ripple, become a millionaire like the Bitcoiners', and people are starting to talk about it in the mainstream quite a bit.

There are those of us new who got in before Christmas and the New Year, probably because we heard about if from that one friend or stumbled upon a thread on Reddit or Boards. Lucky.

The last few weeks have been astronomical though for alts. There are people getting in now because it's hard not to hear about Ripple, Stellar, Bitcoin, the proven returns, 'the future' in the news. They aren't going out actively looking for Cryptos, Cryptos are coming to them.

Reportedly, it's been like this - in the mainstream - in parts of the world for a while now. For instance, I've read accounts from ex-pats living in South Korea who see people on the subway daily, in the canteens, in social spaces on their phones checking their Binance/local exchange as if it was Facebook or Twitter.

If we see that kind of mainstream penetration of Crytpos right across the developed world, well then $1 trillion total market cap will be broken quite soon.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

What would simpler access do to the markets?

So everyone says XRP listing on Coinbase would be big, as it would mean easier access for potential buyers.

How come we don't have a load of website "agencies" with a front end allowing you to deposit cash and buy whatever coins you like without thinking about different exchanges/wallets etc?

That must be around the corner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Dades wrote: »
    What would simpler access do to the markets?

So everyone says XRP listing on Coinbase would be big, as it would mean easier access for potential buyers.

How come we don't have a load of website "agencies" with a front end allowing you to deposit cash and buy whatever coins you like without thinking about different exchanges/wallets etc?

That must be around the corner.

This, right now it's too technically difficult to buy for 90% of the population

Just doing a trade on Binance here and XRP's activity grabbed my attention. The price is literally flickering between $2.90 and $3. Not going up and down in stages, but just flickering between the two extremes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

This, right now it's too technically difficult to buy for 90% of the population

It's a pain, I use Kracken and their site is more down that up in the last couple of weeks and I'm waiting a month to get to level 3 to lodge money and I also use Binance. Both for me at the moment only deal in cryptocurrencies.

So I have to use coinbase to lodge money.

But..... I like it that way, imagine the news reports if it was easy access to general public, at least at the moment anyone prospecting has to have a level of education of the markets and exchanges, plus the current exchanges couldn't handle the level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭crushproof

Tumbling down on bittrex now, below $2.90 now. Could be a good time to buy in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Shauny2010

Cashed out now @ €2.39. Delighted with the return, wasn't expecting that at all.
    Regret no buying more when I did, but glad to be out now as I'd hate to miss out on such profits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

Cashed out 1/3 of my XRP hlodings at €2.44. Might go back in, in the morning. I shouldn't feel anxious about cashing out fairly nice gains but I still am :o

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Yup, it's well underway.

Interesting that they bundled it in with employee trading commentary so maybe it's a bit of a bluff.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Yup, it's well underway.

Interesting that they bundled it in with employee trading commentary so maybe it's a bit of a bluff.

Twitter seems to think they are just covering themselves but either way its still a waiting game.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 hogan90

Are there any exchanges that haven't crashed that's selling Ripple? Thanks for help in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

BITFINEX

• Registered Users Posts: 32 hogan90

BITFINEX

Thanks but not accepting new customers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

While the coin base announcement is essentially non-news I do think this could have serious effects on the market.

Sold ~ 2/3 of my XRP now at 2.3e. Very happy to see a 3.5X return on initial investment. Would have preferred to hold long term and will potentially buy back my position in the morning........... I just cant stay up all night wondering what the asian market will do with this news and will it destroy any profits I have made

TheSheriff wrote: »
    I just cant stay up all night wondering what the asian market will do with this news and will it destroy any profits I have made
    That is the fear alright. I'm going to try and sleep it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Shauny2010

That is the fear alright. I'm going to try and sleep it out.
    Brave !!!
    Looking ot the XRP/BTC, XRP/ETH, XRP/USTD pairs the way they have started moving, I have a gut feeling that when the Koreans wake up........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Shauny2010 wrote: »
    Brave !!!
    Looking ot the XRP/BTC, XRP/ETH, XRP/USTD pairs the way they have started moving, I have a gut feeling that when the Koreans wake up........

Then the yanks and euro trash (us) wake up and see cheap Ripple and buy buy buy

...if only it were that simple

Its a scary thought but,,,,,, we have to admit ALOT of the recent price surges was in anticipation of coin base adding XRP. Whatever the true meaning of the coinbase tweet is (Its quite literally being dissected over on reddit) there is no doubt when asia wakes they will either;

1- See the tweet and start dumping their coins, driving the price down rapidly

2- See the lower price and begin pumping it again.

This is why crypto is more akin to gambling.

Remember, be sure to claim some profits along the way !

Simply being number 2 on the market is not a criteria for being added to Coinbase.

I hope that's not what everyone was thinking? Has there been any deeper analysis? Like does the asset align with what they currently list. Has it been tested enough...etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭crushproof

Sold half and holding the rest. See what happens. Great couple of days and to be fair I didn't expect coinbase to be adding them anytime soon.

See what the next week brings and I may buy back in if it drops further

crushproof wrote: »
    Sold half and holding the rest. See what happens. Great couple of days and to be fair I didn't expect coinbase to be adding them anytime soon.

See what the next week brings and I may buy back in if it drops further

Im left with a sense of loss since I pulled the trigger on my sell order.......

Im too invested in this entire crypto thing.

Ohhh it's going back up ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Fear the correction ye do....weakness i see in ye...umm....the path to darkness this is....the darkness that comes with no lamob

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

My view is that this coin is being mentioned so much in the media that people who only learned about Bitcoin recently are seeing this as their chance to get rich quick. They are hearing about the quick rise. Most may not even know about how a Coinbase add would affect the price. I see this passing over 3 dollars again.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Autochange wrote: »
    My view is that this coin is being mentioned so much in the media that people who only learned about Bitcoin recently are seeing this as their chance to get rich quick. They are hearing about the quick rise. Most may not even know about how a Coinbase add would affect the price. I see this passing over 3 dollars again.

up to $2.94 on poloniex now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I was thinking about the whole "sure it can't get to $50 because then it's worth more than blah"

That is a valid argument for a company share price, does it hold true for a commodity?

Imagine a barrel of oil once we hit peak oil, or just look at gold, silver & platinum.

The price is the price people are willing to pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

$3.48

Chrongen wrote: »
    $3.48

Where?

The highest it's 'rebounded' on Binance is $2.98.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭dodgystats

Binance just disabled new user registrations...https://www.binance.com/register.html

Serious investment in exchange scalability is needed if this market is to get bigger. Imagine the trade volumes if overall market cap passes 1trn.

Huge opportunity here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

Where?

The highest it's 'rebounded' on Binance is $2.98.

https://digitalcoinprice.com/ripple

• Advertisement

I swapped half my XRP into ETH before I left work (at about $3) as I was going to be afk for a while. I feared a nose dive while I was away.

Not sure what to do with the rest now... what's going to happen in the next 12 hrs?!

Hovering around $2.75 on Binance.

Why is coin market listing it at 3.37 Still? What am I missing?

The price there and the realistic trade price do not compute.

Coinmarketcap includes Korean won markets that we have no access to. Whatever the interrelation of XRP/USD/BTC/KRW, that sends the price up beyond what we mere mortals get for it.

Korea has a really disproportionate impact on global crypto market. Accounts for something like 20% of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭keano25

How are people selling?

Are you trading your xrp for btc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Dades wrote: »
    I swapped half my XRP into ETH before I left work (at about $3) as I was going to be afk for a while. I feared a nose dive while I was away.

Not sure what to do with the rest now... what's going to happen in the next 12 hrs?!

Hovering around $2.75 on Binance.

Argh!

I can see myself waking up at 3am.

You could buy back in now... You know you want to...

GreeBo wrote: »
    You could buy back in now... You know you want to...
    I don't know what I want!
    (I'll probably leave it in ETH).

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭BornIn84

I just signed up to coinbase to use as a wallet to buy ETH and then exchange for XRP but i can't sign up for any of the exchange cos the bloody sites are all locked down and wont let new members sign up. I'm weary of using Kraken right now cos it seems unstable! I thinl I'll but a small bit of ETH for now .

BornIn84 wrote: »
    I just signed up to coinbase to use as a wallet to buy ETH and then exchange for XRP but i can't sign up for any of the exchange cos the bloody sites are all locked down and wont let new members sign up. I'm weary of using Kraken right now cos it seems unstable! I thinl I'll but a small bit of ETH for now .
    8 hrs later and my ether sending is still pending!

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭bunderoon

jon1981 wrote: »
    8 hrs later and my ether sending is still pending!

Have you checked the other end?
    I have seen where the ether was received by my Binance Account but yet still pending in Coinbase (where I sent it from)

bunderoon wrote: »
    Have you checked the other end?
    I have seen where the ether was received by my Binance Account but yet still pending in Coinbase (where I sent it from)

yeah I've checked, still nothing. CB posted a possible delay of up to 12 hrs

Has anyone here set up a ripple wallet?

It takes 20 XRP to set it up, but for instance I want to transfer this balance and convert it to BTH later will I be able to get this 20 XRP back?

Is this 20 XRP shown as your balance.

Is there a charge or how high to transfer to a wallet

And what wallet do you recomend, I'm looking at a PC based wallet at the moment.

Thanks

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    Has anyone here set up a ripple wallet?

It takes 20 XRP to set it up, but for instance I want to transfer this balance and convert it to BTH later will I be able to get this 20 XRP back?

Is this 20 XRP shown as your balance.

Is there a charge or how high to transfer to a wallet

And what wallet do you recomend, I'm looking at a PC based wallet at the moment.

Thanks

I have, the charge is the 20XRP, you don't get it back. I used Toast, available on most platforms mac, windows, Android...etc

jon1981 wrote: »
    I have, the charge is the 20XRP, you don't get it back. I used Toast, available on most platforms mac, windows, Android...etc

Thanks, so that's contradicting what else I've found online here

https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/66966/what-is-the-purpose-of-the-20-xrp-cost-to-start-a-wallet
    In order to activate the wallet, you need to send 20 XRP to it. You don't lose this money in any way, it's yours to use after you get 20 XRP. Note that you can send 20 XRP over multiple transactions, but you're wallet will show a balance of 0 XRP until all transactions are confirmed. Then the true balance of the wallet will show up.

You can go below 20 XRP anytime, but your wallet will become temporarily disabled. This means you cannot send any more transactions from that wallet. You would need to send it more XRP to reactivate it.

This is analogous to a bank account with a minimum deposit. This documentation goes more in-depth about the purpose of the threshold.

so at this moment in time to transfer to ripple to a wallet is going to cost approx €47?

It's a bit pricey at the moment I'd be better converting to BTC and transferring then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

EKRIUQ wrote:
    It's a bit pricey at the moment I'd be better converting to BTC and transferring then.

But then your storing btc and not ripple.

• Advertisement
Advertisement