Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Ripple Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

will56 wrote: »
    Ripple making a move and seems to be independent of BTC for a change
    Hoping this is not another pump and dump

Seems most of the other (non-BTC) big coins are making gains the last few days. Might just be contagion from Bitcoin Cash over the weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Up 20% in the past 24 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

[PHP][/PHP]
    Bob24 wrote: »
    Up 20% in the past 24 hours.

Hoping it stays above that price now and climbs up!

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

MUFG bank sign memorandum of understanding to use Ripple software for cross border payments to Brazil bank Banco Bradesco.

https://twitter.com/Ripple/status/1061022510886477824

While it is of course not as part of a good period for crypto, XRP now seems to be establishing itself as the second crypto in market cap as for now it has resisted the crash much better than Etherum (or Bitcoin).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

While it is of course not as part of a good period for crypto, XRP now seems to be establishing itself as the second crypto in market cap as for now it has resisted the crash much better than Etherum (or Bitcoin).
    Yeah, it seems to be the only one that is holding its ground in the face of the onslaught.

Yeah, it seems to be the only one that is holding its ground in the face of the onslaught.

Wondering what the reason might be and if it will eventually give in as well.

I have no idea how large or small a proportion of XRP transactions the commercial use of XRP represents, but *if* it is large enough it could be making it more liquid than other cryptos.

Wondering what the reason might be and if it will eventually give in as well.

I wondered about that myself. Is it a complement to Ripple in terms of how far along it is? It's always had the most collaboration with industry over and above all other projects and at the end of the day, it's real world use that counts. It's not really being used at any volume yet but it seems to be very close to such an eventuality.

Otherwise, does the make-up in terms of investors differ with XRP? ie. are there more serious investors behind it rather than retail? Did some decide to bail into it either thinking the fundamentals were better to shelter them over the past few days than all the rest?
    I have no idea how large or small a proportion of XRP transactions the commercial use of XRP represents, but *if* it is large enough it could be making it more liquid than other cryptos.
    There are a few Ripple enthusiasts here who follow this much more closely - they're probably better positioned to answer. However, my understanding is that there's little in the way of volume being accounted for via real world transactions just yet (although it appears to be coming).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Lot of Volume this afternoon and price seems to be doing well.

Is this on the back of this ?
    https://cointelegraph.com/news/major-swiss-stock-exchange-six-lists-the-worlds-first-crypto-etp-amidst-market-collapse

Sell orders are being demolished or pulled on Bitstamp at the moment

• Advertisement

If it made €1 by the end of 2018 it would be fantastic.

Truckermal wrote: »
    If it made €1 by the end of 2018 it would be fantastic.

How’s that looking?

How’s that looking?

Bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭noel100

News has been fantastic for ripple R3 corda going to use XRP. When the switch is turned on I can see the price $50-100 in seconds and maybe higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

noel100 wrote: »
    News has been fantastic for ripple R3 corda going to use XRP. When the switch is turned on I can see the price $50-100 in seconds and maybe higher.

From 32 cents? Even at the lower end of your estimate that would value Ripple at over 2 trillion dollars. Which is more than the value of Apple and Microsoft combined! And many multiples of what Visa and MasterCard are valued at.

Someones been reading too many comments on reddit

• Advertisement

From my research when XRAPID and corda settler is up and running xrp will need to be $100 minimum to transfer value of trillions daily.

From my research when XRAPID and corda settler is up and running xrp will need to be $100 minimum to transfer value of trillions daily.

It remains to be seen if the banks are going to actively use xRapid. Morgan Stanley and others are developing their own solution.

The other issue is that Ripple have a shed load of tokens in reserve. You couldnt trust them.

It remains to be seen if the banks are going to actively use xRapid. Morgan Stanley and others are developing their own solution.

The other issue is that Ripple have a shed load of tokens in reserve. You couldnt trust them.

Wow you are so negative. I have full trust in them and put money into the token.
    I do believe ripple will be bigger than apple and Amazon together. Wall Street are is the bear market buying it all up and stealing all the tokens from retail investors. This bear market is deliberate to shake weak hands and keep average joe soap away.

While I agree that XRP needs to hit a decent price to be viable as a transfer token, I just can't see it hitting anything like $50 in the next few years. Don't get me wrong, I'd absolutely love if it did, but I can't see it. All the nonsense on YouTube (likes of Digital Asset Investor) and Reddit doesn't help tbh......

Still pondering if I should buy more at this price. €0.267 this morning.

SachaJ wrote:
    Still pondering if I should buy more at this price. €0.267 this morning.

Will get paid next week. Christmas bonus will all go into XRP.
    Remember ETH was $6 Jan last year and rallied to $1400 by the EOY so anything is possible.
    Serious issue in the world economy all the banks in Europe are down big time. DB is possibly the next lehmans and in every market crash there has been a liquidity issue. If XRP goes to $1000 all the worlds liquidity is sorted and transfer of value will be cheaper.

• Advertisement

Someones been reading too many comments on reddit

Lol I'd settle for 0.50 at this stage.. That Reddit is sickening as is XRP followers on Twitter..

Lol I'd settle for 0.50 at this stage.. That Reddit is sickening as is XRP followers on Twitter..

The constant talk of rumours and "moon" and 589 by EOY is very tiring.

The constant talk of rumours and "moon" and 589 by EOY is very tiring.

Weirdly though any time Ripple is in the news the price seems to crash...

Wow you are so negative.
    Negative about crypto? I've been accused on this sub-forum of 'defending' crypto and 'promoting' crypto (although I don't agree with that interpretation either). I just like to stay as pragmatic as possible.
    I have full trust in them and put money into the token.
    Naturally, the best of luck Noel...albeit that the whole idea of crypto is an assumption of a lack of trust.
    I take it by that - that you acknowledge the possibility that they can drip feed more tokens into the system on a whim and dilute any value built up into the coin? I'm not saying it will happen but I'd be very uneasy with that scenario.
    I do believe ripple will be bigger than apple and Amazon together. Wall Street are is the bear market buying it all up and stealing all the tokens from retail investors. This bear market is deliberate to shake weak hands and keep average joe soap away.
    I always believed that this would happen and we are seeing a shift from retail to the conventional institutional money.
    However, that's an aside from the concerns I expressed re. ripple otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

stealing all the tokens from retail investors.
    Stealing?

"Dear buyers, please buy my stash for the price I've decide to sell it for. Thanks."

Hardly stealing.

grindle wrote: »
    Stealing?

"Dear buyers, please buy my stash for the price I've decide to sell it for. Thanks."

Hardly stealing.

I'm sure it's a case of the wrong choice of terminology. That aside, it's not that far of a stretch to believe there could be a contrivance to prolong the 'crypto-winter' and make it more profound - in a bid to shake out the retail guys. The institutions (in the main) missed out on this emerging market ..which must be a first historically that those guys weren't in at the ground floor. I'm sure that sticks in their craw and they want a part of it.

2018 may have been a bear/mare, but week on week, we have seen announcement after announcement of investment in services that will facilitate institutional investment from the likes of Goldman Sacks, Fidelity, Nasdaq, ICE, TD Ameritrade, Tradestation, etc.

Back to his point, stealing probably not accurate but there is a contrivance there for dominance from what I can see. I think we will see confirmation of that in mid - 2019.

Coinbase has added XRP to the list of crypos it is "exploring" for listing on the exchange: https://www.ccn.com/breaking-crypto-exchange-coinbase-exploring-support-for-ripple-xrp/

Seems like a policy reversal as until now their official line was that XRP was not being considered as it wasn't in line with Coinbase's principles.

Mr.S wrote: »
    They where always going to add it eventually. Coinbase want to make money. People want to buy XRP. I doubt they have much more principles than that!

Sure, agree with that. But nonetheless it will be seen as a positive step for XRP and the fact that they are not brandishing their ethical principles anymore as a reason not to include XRP is a de facto recognition that it has become more difficult to avoid.

This - together with rival approaches from Morgan Stanley and others - is why it's still far from a cake walk for Ripple yet.

I'd love to see SWIFT wiped off the face of the earth. They've had the ability to update their process for years but not only chose to rip people off but got them paying exorbitant fees for a clunky manual system.

Swift GPI is still a credit transfer and not real time settlement. You still need nostro vostro accounts. As Brad Garlinghouse says still a Ford model T with a Ferrari shell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

This - together with rival approaches from Morgan Stanley and others - is why it's still far from a cake walk for Ripple yet.

I'd love to see SWIFT wiped off the face of the earth. They've had the ability to update their process for years but not only chose to rip people off but got them paying exorbitant fees for a clunky manual system.

https://www.ecb.europa.eu/paym/intro/mip-online/2017/html/201706_article_tips.en.html

Swift GPI is still a credit transfer and not real time settlement. You still need nostro vostro accounts. As Brad Garlinghouse says still a Ford model T with a Ferrari shell.

Sure, but SWIFT is a cooperative of banks - they can keep it in house. Then there's Morgan Stanleys offering. It's not a done deal yet. And for the token holder, it remains to be seen if value can be maintained in the coin given that Ripple Inc are keeping a shed load of them in reserve.

Sure, but SWIFT is a cooperative of banks - they can keep it in house. Then there's Morgan Stanleys offering. It's not a done deal yet. And for the token holder, it remains to be seen if value can be maintained in the coin given that Ripple Inc are keeping a shed load of them in reserve.

It is big if, but IMH if xRapid (or anything similar based on XRP) becomes a big thing and the security thing is cleared (which is probably a prerequisite for xRapid to be successful anyway), then I’d say XRP holders don’t have to worry and it will maintain (or increase) its value.

Otherwise, XRP is likely dead unless Ripple finds another use case for it.

XRP is fine and has plenty of use case. No issues in other countries Japan Saudi Arabia Thailand etc have made law's to for crypto currency. SEC is holding back at the moment probably allowing wall Street filling their pockets. Over $100million of XRP bought in Q3 by Institutions. The infrastructure is being built for XRP to be world bridging currency. Just waiting for the flick of the switch to see XRP running at full speed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

It is big if, but IMH if xRapid (or anything similar based on XRP) becomes a big thing and the security thing is cleared (which is probably a prerequisite for xRapid to be successful anyway), then I’d say XRP holders don’t have to worry and it will maintain (or increase) its value.

Otherwise, XRP is likely dead unless Ripple finds another use case for it.

indeed, xrp has never been out of the news of late but nobody is adopting the token, anyway, time shall tell

Obviously with crypto things can change pretty fast, but XRP seems to be settling pretty well as the second largest crypto by market cap.

ETH hasn’t came close for a few weeks and the gap is slowly growing (currently 30% difference).

Bob24 wrote:
    ETH hasn’t came close for a few weeks and the gap is slowly growing (currently 30% difference).

If you look at the chart xrp/BTC XRP is ready for a breakout and could pass BTC before EOY.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mcgucc22

noel100 wrote:
    If you look at the chart xrp/BTC XRP is ready for a breakout and could pass BTC before EOY.

Good luck with that

Let’s not get carried away :-)

• Advertisement

Let’s not get carried away :-)

We can only dream, there's a lot on Reddit that'd wet themselves if that happened :D

Can't seem to get past €0.30 so probably no heading to the moon just yet

We can only dream, there's a lot on Reddit that'd wet themselves if that happened :D

Jesus they are a sick shower of cnuts over in that place..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

Perhaps the most ridiculous comment I've ever read on Boards.ie.

You really need to take the bull**** you hear from the XRP shills/fanboys on Reddit and Youtube (eg The Modern Investor:rolleyes:) with a massive grain of salt. Otherwise you're going to get very badly burnt playing with these markets.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Jesus they are a sick shower of cnuts over in that place..

Dumb kids who don't even have the tiniest grasp of the most basic economics. Not so long ago they were talking about $589 or $1,000 XRP by end of year. :rolleyes:

0.30 done, are we on the way to the moon now? :-)

It's a running joke for a long while that XRP will moon and its pathetic. Hard to see a token with 100bn supply ever getting near $10 no matter the use case and I do hold some XRP.

Lots of comments about how Ripple will be worth more than Apple and will hit the $1tn valuation. Maybe so, if completely unrealistic, but their tokens won't hit that valuation since of course they are not a security :)

It's bollocks, don't get sucked in by it. The muppets on YouTube and Reddit are trying to create a bull run by getting suckers to buy XRP through fear of missing out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

You have to be trolling at this stage. Im all for being positive as I have a fair bit of xrp but its never going to pass bitcoin, let alone by the eoy

wonga77 wrote: »
    You have to be trolling at this stage. Im all for being positive as I have a fair bit of xrp but its never going to pass bitcoin, let alone by the eoy

A slight chance of beating BTC by market cap but even that would take a miracle

wonga77 wrote:

Why would I be trolling... I honestly believe XRP will be no1 in Market cap by EOY and if not will be Q1 of 19 . It's way under priced for it's potential use case.
    XRP has serious use case against BTC and ETH.
    I holding a nice size of XRP. I also hold BTC but believe more in XRP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

You're either trolling or full of rubbish. Claiming that ripple will be bigger than apple and Amazon together?
    Its some 50 billion off BTC yet you honestly believe it will be number one inside the next 2 weeks? I can't even believe I am replying to you tbh.

wonga77 wrote: »
    You're either trolling or full of rubbish. Claiming that ripple will be bigger than apple and Amazon together?
    Its some 50 billion off BTC yet you honestly believe it will be number one inside the next 2 weeks? I can't even believe I am replying to you tbh.

Not sure if he is trolling. The XRP fanboys are without a doubt the most delusional and ridiculous in all of crypto. Go to some YouTube channels that shill XRP and you'll see that the vast majority of comments are similar to noel100's.

• Advertisement
Advertisement