Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Ripple Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

@Noel100 Reddit that way..
    >>>>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

noel100 wrote: »
    Why would I be trolling... I honestly believe XRP will be no1 in Market cap by EOY and if not will be Q1 of 19 . It's way under priced for it's potential use case.
    XRP has serious use case against BTC and ETH.
    I holding a nice size of XRP. I also hold BTC but believe more in XRP.

Ah would you stop. Using the same analogy which has the better use case, copper or gold? Copper is used in all electrics worldwide, gold is mainly for decoration. Copper is $7 a kg where as gold is $40k.

Honestly do yourself a favour and lay off Reddit and YouTube for a while. I'm a holder and believer of XRP. There's no way is going anywhere near $5 without BTC also moving to the same degree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

SachaJ wrote: »
    Ah would you stop. Using the same analogy which has the better use case, copper or gold? Copper is used in all electrics worldwide, gold is mainly for decoration. Copper is $7 a kg where as gold is $40k.

Honestly do yourself a favour and lay off Reddit and YouTube for a while. I'm a holder and believer of XRP. There's no way is going anywhere near $5 without BTC also moving to the same degree.

Their reasoning is that once upon a time BTC was valued at less than a dollar and they're seeing XRP at $0.30 and believe that it can eventually also be valued at thousands of dollars. They have no concept of market cap, total supply etc.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

XRP was just taken over by ETH again in terms of market cap, back to number 3 spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

You must be mistaken, sure XRP is going to surpass bitcoin....

Looks like a first bank is about to start using XRP for cross border settlements: https://www.coindesk.com/euro-exim-bank-taps-ripples-xrapid-for-cross-border-settlements

Bob24 wrote: »
    Looks like a first bank is about to start using XRP for cross border settlements: https://www.coindesk.com/euro-exim-bank-taps-ripples-xrapid-for-cross-border-settlements

XRP price will plummet now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Truckermal wrote: »
    XRP price will plummet now!

Aye, the FUD now is that its only a small bank

Back no number 2 spot ahead of ETH since this morning (by a tiny margin) ... I’m curious to know if the 2 will stay around same level in the coming months or if one will clearly take the lead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

will56 wrote: »

Always good to see real world use. However, (and correct me if i'm mistaken) its xRapid that's the really interesting one - that actually involves XRP directly in the transaction?

Always good to see real world use. However, (and correct me if i'm mistaken) its xRapid that's the really interesting one - that actually involves XRP directly in the transaction?

Correct, and the tweet is not super clear TBH. It doesn't mention xRapid but does say "across RippleNet using #XRP".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

noel100 wrote: »
    Why would I be trolling... I honestly believe XRP will be no1 in Market cap by EOY and if not will be Q1 of 19 . It's way under priced for it's potential use case.
    XRP has serious use case against BTC and ETH.
    I holding a nice size of XRP. I also hold BTC but believe more in XRP.

Still got the same faith? We've dropped below 30 cents again, seems to be going nowhere fast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

wonga77 wrote: »
    Still got the same faith? We've dropped below 30 cents again, seems to be going nowhere fast

Predictions in this market mean nothing, takes too long for things to develop. Last year was just buzzword hype. If it's useful it'll be used, if not it dies.

Not that I think XRP will die, but it could. It's a business more than a crypto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,205 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

grindle wrote: »
    Predictions in this market mean nothing, takes too long for things to develop. Last year was just buzzword hype. If it's useful it'll be used, if not it dies.

Not that I think XRP will die, but it could. It's a business more than a crypto.

Which gives it one of the better cases for survival

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Which gives it one of the better cases for survival
    Much better case for an initial boost, financial incentives for a business to work are obviously larger than some amorphous glob of open source idealism. I think proper long-term survival depends on how the network and currency works without the business-as-service leeching off of it or steering that boat once coins are circulating. If it's just faith that Ripple the business will do the right thing we might as well let Initiative Q have their day as well, there's not much difference between the two beyond one having a blockchain that doesn't respect the individuals using it and the other being an out-in-the-open database.
    Probably good for trading either way, people just buy into pumps and I doubt XRP will dump below $0.20 at this stage. The depths of crypto depression and it's holding that price, it's weirdly fascinating to try to think through it, what's keeping it bouyant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,107 ✭✭✭amacca

The depths of crypto depression and it's holding that price, it's weirdly fascinating to try to think through it, what's keeping it bouyant.

significant bag holders unwilling to let go of their large holdings?

amacca wrote: »
    significant bag holders unwilling to let go of their large holdings?

Probably a fair bit of that. A much lower spread of bagholders than most other cryptos proportionally. If there wasn't a court order on McCaleb the price would be relatively dire. Also the bagholders least likely to hold because there's no spergish/fantasy idealism mixed in with Ripple, the only goal is to usurp SWIFT and people who've bought it bought on price-hype rather than any kind of futurist fanboyism (->me with ETH).
    XRP is an oddball.

I know it is still fairly small in scope, but I think the fact that xRapid is now being used in production by several institutions might also be acting as a price stabiliser for XRP.

And certainly, as long as this use case exists, XRP can drop in price but can't possibly be worth 0 as it is being used as the base currency for an international fund transfer network (an argument which couldn't be made about many cryptos at the moment).

• Advertisement

er way, people just buy into pumps and I doubt XRP will dump below $0.20 at this stage. The depths of crypto depression and it's holding that price, it's weirdly fascinating to try to think through it, what's keeping it bouyant.

Probably fact that it's a pretty decent usable product with strong potential

It's customers don't appear to be decentralization fundamentalists, they want a product that streamlines their processes and offers speed - many of these customers happen to be financial heavyweights with significant turnovers, so they've obviously spotted something in the product(s) they like

My biggest gripe with XRP is the cult following it!

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mcgucc22

Truckermal wrote:

When moon?

Equally annoying is the anticult though.

I see at least as many (if not more) posts on this thread of people mocking or complaining about this so called cult as post from people who are making unrealistic predictions.

I see at least as many (if not more) posts on this thread of people mocking or complaining about this so called cult as post from people who are making unrealistic predictions.

Not when prices are going through the ceiling, then there is silence or the cynics suddenly "had some crypto all along, but was just daytrading the ****coins man"

Whatever about the projects, I never underestimate the herd's ability to FOMO in.

Yes while I hold some Ripple the anticult are more realistic about price.

• Advertisement

Sorry for my obsession with rankings! ... but ETH is ahead of XRP again in terms of market cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Anyone any clue why over $500,000,000 XRP was transferred from Bittrex Exchange to Upbit exchange this afternoon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Anyone any clue why over $500,000,000 XRP was transferred from Bittrex Exchange to Upbit exchange this afternoon?

Im moving my funds around to a couple of different exchanges for liquidity purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

Yup, that's 8 zeros there.

• Advertisement

I hope they didn't buy them in January 2018..

Now on coinbase’s consumer app: https://www.coindesk.com/xrp-is-now-live-and-trading-on-coinbases-consumer-app

(but at this stage I don’t know if anyone really cares about what’s on Coinbase anymore)

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

Now on coinbase’s consumer app: https://www.coindesk.com/xrp-is-now-live-and-trading-on-coinbases-consumer-app

(but at this stage I don’t know if anyway really cares about what’s on Coinbase anymore)

Yes, it's a pity. 12 - 18 months ago this sort of announcement would have seen a huge jump. Heck, even rumours of a Coinbase adoption caused increases before.

We have barely seen any movement since the announcement :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭keano25

I'd say there's been some amount of people gone broke over ripple.. a year ago it was the next bitcoin and people were buying like there was no end to it..

I think the limited impact on prices tells little about XRP and more about Coinbase which has nowhere near the systemic influence on crypto markets it would have had 18 months ago.

Stuff gets "old" in crypto very quickly. The BCH Coinbase listing leak meant that Coinbase now preleases info about future listings - to avoid a frenzy. They stagger the info. That in itself means trading (and rises and profit-taking) typically happen long before the actual listing

Also the "impact" of the listing has lessened as each coin gets added, the same as everything else in crypto

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Hmm, Ripple coin seems to have made a 5% jump in the past 24 hours...

Hmm, Ripple coin seems to have made a 5% jump in the past 24 hours...

Positive way to look at it is that it is up 5%.
    Negative way is that in the same time bitcoin is up 13%.

Purely theory-crafting here, so take with pinch of salt, but based on years of watching this mental market daily..

If I had to choose between the 5 top coins now I'd be going into XRP on a longshot. It hasn't kept pace with the others, pressure is building - I know JPM coin has taken a little bit of shine off it, but if BTC reaches 10k and falls back (but not too hard) I'd expect one of the other top 5's to take the "redistribution" and start it's own run. XRP is perfectly placed for that because both Eth and LTC have "had" their runs, and BCH seems quite entwined with BTC's recent movements

A lot of guesswork and speculation in there but I'll see how this BTC run goes

XRP is looking more lively now :-)

• Advertisement

XRP is looking more lively now :-)

Hopefully its a return to life and not a pump & dump

XRP was just taken over by ETH again in terms of market cap, back to number 3 spot.

I posted the above 6 months ago. Today ETH is almost twice the market cap of XRP.

I still think XRP has potential, but it doesn’t seem to be doing that great in terms of valuation compared to other cryptos (a comparison with BTC would probably show even stronger divergence).

I posted the above 6 months ago. Today ETH is almost twice the market cap of XRP.

I still think XRP has potential, but it doesn’t seem to be doing that great in terms of valuation compared to other cryptos (a comparison with BTC would probably show even stronger divergence).

In a mad bull run, it's positioned as the next "cheapest looking" coin to the average punter who knows next to nil about cryptos

For most of the 2nd half of 2017 it didn't do anything exciting until that crazy run began. A lot of my non-crypto friends were attracted to it because they were like "what if this goes to the same price at BTC, i'll be rich", without understanding the mechanics

I was trying to buy XRP in Dec 2017 when it was worth pennies but Kraken at the time kept crashing and I left it alone...

I still have some that I bought at .52 cents on Revolut.

I was trying to buy XRP in Dec 2017 when it was worth pennies but Kraken at the time kept crashing and I left it alone...

I still have some that I bought at .52 cents on Revolut.

Have you use the Revolut platform much for purchasing crypto? Their massive spreads between buy and sell prices and massively inflated market price for purchasing crypto are a turn off? And do they actually hold any of the crypto that the're "selling" you?

el diablo wrote: »
    Have you use the Revolut platform much for purchasing crypto? Their massive spreads between buy and sell prices and massively inflated market price for purchasing crypto are a turn off? And do they actually hold any of the crypto that the're "selling" you?

I didn't use it in ages but did in the beginning! I don't think they hold any crypto as you cannot transfer it to another exchange hence the reason I left the XRP there.

I didn't use it in ages but did in the beginning! I don't think they hold any crypto as you cannot transfer it to another exchange hence the reason I left the XRP there.

Yeah, it's a bit of a crappy service I do have a small amount of crypto which I'll let run for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭justback83

Has anyone on the thread had their wallet hacked and ripple stolen? Just me? 😒

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭justback83

• Advertisement

justback83 wrote: »

What kind of wallet?

Advertisement