Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Ripple Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

leavingirl wrote: »
    How's that working out for you? XRP dropping like a stone.

and I'm sure there will be more buying in now in the 20c range

its called DCA'ing

for long term hodlers that price of 25c was a gift they never thought they would see again

and I'm sure if it drops to 15c and 10c they will still buy in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Just came across this link with a consolidated list of the entities which have taken or annouced actions with regards to the XRP lawsuit to date (being liquidating position or halting trading). Thought it might be of interest on this thread ...

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ripple-xrp-sees-more-delistings-061128103.html?.tsrc=applewf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭deathbomber

Bob24 wrote: »
    Just came across this link with a consolidated list of the entities which have taken or annouced actions with regards to the XRP lawsuit to date (being liquidating position or halting trading). Thought it might be of interest on this thread ...

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ripple-xrp-sees-more-delistings-061128103.html?.tsrc=applewf

wow, is this US only? if worldwide, it could be catastrophic, although in hindsight the actual token was or is barely used

wow, is this US only? if worldwide, it could be catastrophic, although in hindsight the actual token was or is barely used

For most of them it is US only (some might be worldwide).

But still, even though someone in Ireland isn’t that much impacted in terms of their ability to trade, the list is getting long enough to start being worrying (and the impact on liquidity is not fully effective yet as most of them will start enforcing the restrictions throughout January - unless of course they situation with XRP changes).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭deathbomber

For most of them it is US only (some might be worldwide).

But still, even though someone in Ireland isn’t that much impacted in terms of their ability to trade, the list is getting long enough to start being worrying (and the impact on liquidity is not fully effective yet as most of them will start enforcing the restrictions throughout January - unless of course they situation with XRP changes).

agreed, although Ripple said they could easily settle this lawsuit with a payment but were confident in taking on the lawsuit so it may well change, could be a while though. I have no interest in XRP, i did invest near the start and done very well from it but have since avoided:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9 brooksrunner

Where are people trading XRP now after the 19th? Coinbase halting trading and revoluts email doesn't give much confidence

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Daithi40

Where are people trading XRP now after the 19th? Coinbase halting trading and revoluts email doesn't give much confidence

kraken...in fact I bought €15 worth more today :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

I've 1,000 xrp, what should I do lads, its sitting a a bit of a loss but not too bad. Sell or hang on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Hang on. This case is just Ripple stupidly wishing to be found a non-security and missing out on a bit of a bullrun. They'll pay a fine, trading will resume, nothing will have changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Daithi40

grindle wrote: »
    Hang on. This case is just Ripple stupidly wishing to be found a non-security and missing out on a bit of a bullrun. They'll pay a fine, trading will resume, nothing will have changed.

I agree - I've a bag of XRP and I'll be hanging on

• Advertisement

Not so great news coming from Grayscale: https://cointelegraph.com/news/grayscale-dumps-xrp-here-s-where-it-s-putting-the-cash

If Grayscale doesn’t want to touch XRP, it means a lot of the institutional money which could have poured into is is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

More bad news
    https://www.theblockcrypto.com/amp/post/90135/ripple-series-c-lead-investor-tetragon-sues-the-company?__twitter_impression=true

Ripple's Series C lead investor Tetragon sues the company after SEC's lawsuit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Bought 5k yesterday. Just going to sit on it and if it wins it wins.

Agree that Eth & BTC are the only ones at the races imo. And even Eth has a history of being flakey.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Bruno Mannheim

I've 1,000 xrp, what should I do lads, its sitting a a bit of a loss but not too bad. Sell or hang on?

if they were mine I would hold them

XRP does not fulfill the 4 criteria it needs to be classed as a security

Not so great news coming from Grayscale: https://cointelegraph.com/news/grayscale-dumps-xrp-here-s-where-it-s-putting-the-cash

If Grayscale doesn’t want to touch XRP, it means a lot of the institutional money which could have poured into is is gone.

Grayscale are answerable to their investors and are just minimising risk in the eventuality it might be defined as a security
    if they didnt sell now and it was, they would be in trouble

Grayscale are answerable to their investors and are just minimising risk in the eventuality it might be defined as a security
    if they didnt sell now and it was, they would be in trouble

Yes and all institutional money has to exercise the same level of caution.

That was actually my point, until there is clarity on this, the XRP price won’t benefit from that flow of institutional money.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Cryptonovice

Swap them for Chilliz (CHZ). Potentially a very profitable coin..has to do with sports...look into it..all top football clubs have partnered with it..PSG, Barcelona, Juventus etc...with more to come..that's what I did anyways..can be bought directly from binance exchange.best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Huge jump overnight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I have suffered loss after exchanging XRP to LiteCoin last night!:(
    sparrowcar wrote: »
    Huge jump overnight

• Advertisement

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Huge jump overnight

I had a feeling it would, XRP is not dead by any means

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,138 ✭✭✭endainoz

Nice surge on xrp today, with all this mainstream news coverage of stocks etc, it would surely mean there will be a large interest in crypto investment now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭Blowheads

endainoz wrote: »
    Nice surge on xrp today, with all this mainstream news coverage of stocks etc, it would surely mean there will be a large interest in crypto investment now?

Ya, but what drove it 40% since yesterday
    Be great if the Reddit lads decided to take a punt on it to FU the SEC

said it already here, it doesnt fulfill the criteria to be deemed a security on all counts

if you sold your XRP at support recently you are probably regretting it now

said it already here, it doesnt fulfill the criteria to be deemed a security on all counts

if you sold your XRP at support recently you are probably regretting it now

I bought into it at 0.33 good while ago and might sell it if it hits €10 ðŸ˜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭leavingirl

Big pump coming for XRP Feb 1. Get in now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

There's a big pump and dump going to happen on Feb 1st at 1:30pm our time. It's meant to be a pump and hold but I doubt it.

Many people have already been getting in over the last couple days. I'd say it's already too late. As soon as the price goes up at all, whales are gonna dump on any newcomers.

Try it if you want but I'd be very careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

leavingirl wrote: »
    Big pump coming for XRP Feb 1. Get in now.

Careful anyone hoppin on now, people shouldn't be advertising pump and dumps here anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

I have almost 600 odd XRP for the last few months, just incase it takes off in the future. This pump and dump is just a bunch of headbangers. If it hits $1 I might sell off and reinvest in the dip.

I guess it's unlikely it'll go down before the pump tomorrow, will buy a few after the dump. Just out of interest, how do people know when this is going to happen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Lads, XRP is up to over $0.50c a share at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭chases0102

Would it be wise to buy in now, sell tomorrow and buy in again after dump?

chases0102 wrote: »
    Would it be wise to buy in now, sell tomorrow and buy in again after dump?

I'm going to wait myself, the price is a little high at the moment. Ideally I'd buy a bit of it around 25 cent or so.

I know nothing about this craic though, so I could be totally wrong!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

endainoz wrote: »
    Just out of interest, how do people know when this is going to happen?

I'm in a private patreon group and heard about it Friday night. Just keep your ear to the ground.

The whole thing is so ridiculous. It's supposed to be a big middle finger to the SEC and the lawsuit who are arguing that it's a security. But with this whole thing, people are just playing into their hands by treating XRP like a security. I think this only hurts the crypto space, will back fire in a big way and dump XRP to new lows.

It will be a pump but the dump doesn't come from those buyers it comes from the millionaires who are currently holding massive numbers of XRP who will sell when these simple brains boost the price to anything above 1 dollar.

This is nothing like GameStop and certainly isn't sticking it to the man in any way.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

A lot of the telegram message groups going crazy over this. No clue how this will actually work with the amount of Ripple actually hold, they can dump at any time and XRP will be back on its ass immediately.

Have 1200 xrp I've been sitting on for ages, bought below 22c a long time ago and just sat on them. At this stage I'll see what happens tomorrow and then decide.

Suppose whatever happens I'll make a few quid but hardly a life changing amount :D

Ideally I'd like to get my hands on around 25k of these and watch the markets for any decent raise then play around with then, even a 1c raise is a $250 profit return.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    A lot of the telegram message groups going crazy over this. No clue how this will actually work with the amount of Ripple actually hold, they can dump at any time and XRP will be back on its ass immediately.

Have 1200 xrp I've been sitting on for ages, bought below 22c a long time ago and just sat on them. At this stage I'll see what happens tomorrow and then decide.

Suppose whatever happens I'll make a few quid but hardly a life changing amount :D

Ideally I'd like to get my hands on around 25k of these and watch the markets for any decent raise then play around with then, even a 1c raise is a $250 profit return.

In the same boat, bought in at 7c as long term investment. See what happens. Would sell if it hits €2

Ive approx 1,000 XRP bought at around 20c. At what price do you guys reckon the dump will happen and how fast?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Ive approx 1,000 XRP bought at around 20c. At what price do you guys reckon the dump will happen and how fast?

As said earlier, the larger holders will determine that, could be at 80c, could be a $2.. No clue really.

There are rumours abound that Ripple and the SEC have already come to some agreement and Monday will actually be an announcement of some kind, hence the pumping of XRP. But honestly no clue what's going to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

The telegram group had 28k members yesterday morning. It now has 150k and rising. They have set up a channel now because the max members in a group is 200k.
    There's a big following and a lot of momentum also building on Reddit, youtube & twitter (#Buyandholdxrp)
    The time of the proposed (impending!) pump is 8:30am EST Monday Feb1st tomorrow lunchtime here. They have maps up of the different timezones etc & have been telling everyone how and where to buy.

It certainly started out with longterm xrp holders trying to correct the price after the drop caused by the Sec interference but now it has every dog on the street on board!

It's going to be interesting, especially if the WallStreetBets crew from reddit get involved.

Interesting, pm me that telegram group name please ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Rob2D wrote: »
    I'm in a private patreon group and heard about it Friday night. Just keep your ear to the ground.

The whole thing is so ridiculous. It's supposed to be a big middle finger to the SEC and the lawsuit who are arguing that it's a security. But with this whole thing, people are just playing into their hands by treating XRP like a security. I think this only hurts the crypto space, will back fire in a big way and dump XRP to new lows.

It will be a pump but the dump doesn't come from those buyers it comes from the millionaires who are currently holding massive numbers of XRP who will sell when these simple brains boost the price to anything above 1 dollar.

This is nothing like GameStop and certainly isn't sticking it to the man in any way.

I agree. This is just moronic. Doge and now XRP. The former a meme coin and the latter may have a use case but whats the point when the promoters hold back a large swathe of tokens. Basically, there's no fall back - it's just a moronic pump and dump with the unfortunate left holding when the music stops.

I agree. This is just moronic. Doge and now XRP. The former a meme coin and the latter may have a use case but whats the point when the promoters hold back a large swathe of tokens. Basically, there's no fall back - it's just a moronic pump and dump with the unfortunate left holding when the music stops.

Yep more than likely, but as many have said before, don't gamble with what you can't afford to lose.

Way too many gambling large sums on this and are going to hurt badly if it goes pear shaped. Tomorrow will be interesting.

Dont buy the pump folks

Dont buy the pump folks

what about selling before the dump? :D

Dont buy the pump folks

Unfortunately being a completely unregulated market, you can expect this regularly so very few are going to listen.

I've no intention of buying anymore at the moment but will be watching carefully to see what does happen tomorrow and in the coming days. If I can make a few quid from it, I will.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Looks like it's getting dumped hard already

So there's little chance of it falling much lower now seen as so many are on the bandwagon for it? Would have liked to have bought 50 or so worth if it hit 25cent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Yep more than likely, but as many have said before, don't gamble with what you can't afford to lose.

Way too many gambling large sums on this and are going to hurt badly if it goes pear shaped. Tomorrow will be interesting.

Yeah, I'll pass! There's out and out gambling and there's taking a speculative position on something that has some form of potential. With Doge, I'm open to correction but there's nothing there at all insofar as I'm aware. Ripple for me has always been hamstrung by the fact that they've held back a gazillion tokens. Them selling off tranches of said tokens is also what has put them out in front of the SEC steamroller more so than other projects.

If I'm going to hold a bag of something then it may as well at least be genuine in its attempts at providing for a certain use case and attempting to see that through. Even if it falls completely on its face, at least there's a chance.

With these choreographed pumps, whomever mistimes it - coming in at the end - is going to get caught and suckered with no tangible project to fall back on.

jonny_b wrote: »
    Looks like it's getting dumped hard already

Would you call a 3c drop getting dumped hard?

• Advertisement

It'll be interesting to see how high they could pump it

Advertisement