Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Ripple Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,205 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Blowheads wrote: »
    Yes, very exciting

Still rising...
    Pre-pump lol

It's the oldest pnd scam going, every single person on the telegram is buying right now with the notion that everyone else is going to "buy at 1:30"

It should drop about an hour before. Should. But this is crypto, who knows how many tiktok kids and so on might fall for it. They might think it's like a WSB crusade or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,138 ✭✭✭endainoz

It's steadily rising alright, I'd say a lot of people are getting in early. Debating selling before 1.30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

What a clown show...What time does the pie-thowing start?:rolleyes:

I'm loving this mayhem on both crypto and stock market. I've no ideological skin in the game though, could give two fcuks what kind of currency is used in 20 years. Paper, digital, goats as long as I've got enough to be comfortable ill be happy and the current mayhem is an easy way to make some.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

What do folks realistically think it'll hit before getting dumped?

How long is a piece of string and all that but any one care to guess?

€0.70, €0.80 even a €1?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

I'm loving this mayhem on both crypto and stock market. I've no ideological skin in the game though, could give two fcuks what kind of currency is used in 20 years. Paper, digital, goats as long as I've got enough to be comfortable ill be happy and the current mayhem is an easy way to make some.

Yeah, that sums it up alright. The line between stupid and clever is wafer thin. In your case, it depends on whether the sell off begins before or after you've offloaded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭Blowheads

The voice call has started.. nothing of note yet

Still rising

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Blowheads wrote: »
    The voice call has started.. nothing of note yet

Still rising

I know load of bullsh1t at the moment. It's like playing Fortnite and bunch of kids shouting at the same time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

What a clown show...What time does the pie-thowing start?:rolleyes:

Aye, unreal. Anyone buying last 24hrs is a fool.

Edit.. Lads on telegram are unreal, to moon woo, buy buy buy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭masterboy123

13.30 Irish time.
    13:30 GMT or one of the US times?

Also would love a link to this telegram place

• Advertisement

rapul wrote: »
    Aye, unreal. Anyone buying last 24hrs is a fool.
    Hopefully if enough degenerate morons get their asses handed to them, this can fizzle out. Thankfully (in its more recent incarnation) it started on stonks and not crypto so crypto doesn't have to be tarred and feathered with it so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭gaming_needs90

I love how "pump and dump" tactics are illegal in the stock market but in reality everyone does it. Obviously massive funds speak to eachother and have clever ways of doing it

I love how "pump and dump" tactics are illegal in the stock market but in reality everyone does it. Obviously massive funds speak to eachother and have clever ways of doing it

Ah no man the lads on wallstreet do maths and science and $hit. No insider info or collusion in that college educated game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

The whole point of it is too hold.

They are doing Silver too.

RasTa wrote: »

The whole point of it is to trick new/gullible people into holding so they don't sell, causing the price to go higher so the sharks can fleece them.

The WSB thing is being used to encourage the poor schmucks to hold. Like there's some "cause" behind it, which of course there isn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

The only cause I'm for is cold hard profits

• Advertisement

RasTa wrote: »

They are doing Silver too.

Depends entirely on your end game. I'm in it to make money, holding indefinitely during obvious mass manipulation of prices will not make money IMHO.

Ah no man the lads on wallstreet do maths and science and $hit. No insider info or collusion in that college educated game.

What they are doing is actually quite smart, they are using the short squeeze mechanic to transfer funds from the hedge funds to themselves (a herd of retail investors). It ticks a whole bunch of boxes.

All this other stuff, $silver, the Doge run, the XRP pump is just riding on the recent mass publicity of the above

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭BrandonBay86

How do I short XRP?

How do I short XRP?

Even if you could, these guys might be able to keep the hoard of wasps riled up long enough to destroy your short (ala Gamestop).

Even if you could, these guys might be able to keep the hoard of wasps riled up long enough to destroy your short (ala Gamestop).

With the amount of xrp in circulation and the amount held by insiders, it’s a bet I’m willing to take !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

I guess that 15c drop is all part of the plan, right? The lads on telegram have this under control I'm sure...

Nooooooooooooooooooooo

Low to 0.45 now

Can we start throwing those pies now?

Haha people on telegram freaking, this is great to watch!

I am holding strong until 1.30 pm Irish time.

What's the link? I want to see this bloodbath.

I am holding strong until 1.30 pm Irish time.

That time is bull, I'd be looking to sell 1pm or earlier or who knows, this is all just a farce it's comical!

Take profits and buy ethereum or something folks, this was more than likely orchestrated for some of the big bag holders to make money on the back of gamestop and all, but you all know that

Edit. Just my opinion of course

What's the link? I want to see this bloodbath.

Just search you'll find it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I guess the whales are deciding whats going on, thats a massive drop in the last 15 mins.. It's fighting but that's heading for at maybe 40c by 16.00.

So much for for the $1 mark that everyone was going on about on Telegram :pac:

• Advertisement

Oh well, back to HODL for another three years :pac:

Sold all now at 0.48.

Some profit atleast :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

sold at 50c for a tidy profit, had 1,000 coin bought last 22c

We need more pies!

All part of the plan bro.

Not taking risk now.
    endainoz wrote: »
    All part of the plan bro.

I'm looking forward to posts by those who got swept up in this 13:30 pump fantasy letting us know that they knew this would happen and that they actually sold out at 70 or above.

Not taking risk now.

Have faith folks, I'll hang on and see what happens....for another half an hour or so anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭A Shaved Duck?

Have faith folks, I'll hang on and see what happens....for another half an hour or so anyway.

Yeah ive a 1 oclock cut off set... keep the faith

• Advertisement

Well goodluck everyone, I'll be watching the price closely, hopefully no one looses alot.

Made a profit of 36 yoyos
    cheers
    Well goodluck everyone, I'll be watching the price closely, hopefully no one looses alot.

Very new to his. Are they trying to coordinate everyone buying at 1:30? Then collectively sell soon after? How soon after? Surely you make money by not following the crowd

still in.. holding its value ahead of 1:30.. will see what happens...

still in.. holding its value ahead of 1:30.. will see what happens...

I'd be a bit afraid of a big dump at 1.30 as most of the big pumping might be done already, I could be wrong though.

I'd be a bit afraid of a big dump at 1.30 as most of the big pumping might be done already, I could be wrong though.

Could be true, it could be people locking in profit ahead of 1:30. Ive small money involved .. 350 bought at 37c each.. letting it ride.

• Advertisement

Not looking good for my 85c coins :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Bought at .18 so going to ride this out whatever happens.

You will be able to ski down this dip by the end of day

Entirely unpredictable

It's not a plane it's a submarine haha one of the comments on telegram, there all panicking insane, bar the usual hodl army

• Advertisement
Advertisement