Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Ripple Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

Daithi40 wrote: »
    bought some more this week, I hope/ expect the SEC to fail .... fingers crossed

Its about the 0.38 mark today. You consider its a good buying in price?

Connie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

connie147 wrote: »
    Its about the 0.38 mark today. You consider its a good buying in price?

Connie

I’ve bought Ripple for 16c and I’ve bought Ripple for 53c, 38c isn’t bad especially if all goes well

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Daithi40

L'prof wrote: »
    I’ve bought Ripple for 16c and I’ve bought Ripple for 53c, 38c isn’t bad especially if all goes well

done the same - most at 17c but have bought more up to 50c over time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Lads, for those with Chiliz, what app/exchange are you using ?
    I'm in Korea, so it's completely different, but a few of my friends in Ireland would like to invest. They aren't sure which app/exchange to use as it's not on coinbase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I'm in Korea, so it's completely different, but a few of my friends in Ireland would like to invest. They aren't sure which app/exchange to use as it's not on coinbase.

Its on binance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

SeantheMan wrote: »

Binance indeed, and also on crypto.com (can be purchased directly for euros in the App) and a couple others.

See trading pairs here: https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/chiliz#markets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59,645 ✭✭✭✭namenotavailablE

XRP has had a decent return today, up c. 10% today as I write this.
    Is there something positive happening re the SEC case?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,138 ✭✭✭endainoz

Think it has been relisted on some exchanges

Edit: I think there's talk of it getting relisted anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭chases0102

Damn it! Meant to buy some when it was at mid 30s recently, totally forgot.

Still an enigma

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Daithi40

noticed that, was wondering the same but couldn't really see any news to explain it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

Daithi40 wrote: »
    noticed that, was wondering the same but couldn't really see any news to explain it

I think basically what they have agreed in court Friday was that the exchanges did nothing wrong when selling XRP.

Quote from SCC lawyer " Only Ripple, and employees of Ripple can illegally sell XRP". So the exchanges that had delisted XRP to the US market can now relist it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

a friend just said to me, why would you not hold some XRP in your portfolio?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

up 15% since last night, most likely will hit the $0.60c barrier this afternoon

Some decent price action today, the belief is that more exchanges see getting ready to relist xrp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭chases0102

endainoz wrote: »
    Some decent price action today, the belief is that more exchanges see getting ready to relist xrp.

Possibly a good time to buy some?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Coin market cap have pulled some of the data off xrp and it's currently sitting at #1744 what the hell is happening!? Not a very good April fools joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

jonny_b wrote: »
    Coin market cap have pulled some of the data off xrp and it's currently sitting at #1744 what the hell is happening!? Not a very good April fools joke

The site has been a disaster in the last few weeks, full of misinformation and errors.

Very nice gains for XRP as I write- 21% up today! Nothing evidently behind it being reported so perhaps the SEC case is regarded as a good one for the company.

Yeah climbing nicely over the last couple of days, if it clears 80c it'll surely break out and rocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 justtrying312

Yeah climbing nicely over the last couple of days, if it clears 80c it'll surely break out and rocket.

what makes you think 80c, is the zone it must clear before breaking out? :D

hopefully, it passes where it was last time it was high(32Billion mcap USD). and breaks out ya. hopefully!

• Advertisement

what makes you think 80c, is the zone it must clear before breaking out? :D

hopefully, it passes where it was last time it was high(32Billion mcap USD). and breaks out ya. hopefully!

In my very limited knowledge, 80c seems to be the historical retracement level it needs to get beyond so it can break out.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 justtrying312

In my very limited knowledge, 80c seems to be the historical retracement level it needs to get beyond so it can break out.

xrp looking noice! to 80c we go hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭gaming_needs90

Woooo, 85c was my buy. Just need it to go a big higher and imma out

EDIT: Why is it on the way up?

Woooo, 85c was my buy. Just need it to go a big higher and imma out

EDIT: Why is it on the way up?

The lawsuit against them is turning xrps way, they also bought a stake in a payments firm in Asia aswell. It's also important to note that most think xrp is nowhere near it's true value yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Today was a great day.. hopefully many more to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

I'm in a tidy sum of profit after todays move up. Not selling till it hits as least 4$

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I've cashed out for my original stake along with some profit .Left a few thousand there and will see how it goes , hopefully it continues it's climb .

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭millhouse

$1.03 on Bitstamp . Breaking the $ ceiling is a significant milestone. Hopefully it will continue to kick on... fingers crossed !

I doubled my initial investment since Feb. I had a bank transfer done on Friday but will only arrive today due to Easter :(.
    I will be missing a nice chunk of coins

ahh well

With regard to price, I won't be selling any until it hits my target in double digits. Then hold and wait for the 3 digits :)

Saganist wrote: »
    I'm in a tidy sum of profit after todays move up. Not selling till it hits as least 4$

around $3.20 will be major resistance, so bear in mind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Everyone woke up to a shock today I'd imagine :P

Still huge gains even with the dip so not really.

it was never going to be found a security by the SEC
    It never filled all the 4 criterias to be deemed a security

Those of you who were brave enough to pick it up in the 20c range, well done for being smart
    No brainer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

Folk's, will the crypto downward trend continue? I was ready to buy more today, anyone have any indication on the general outlook?

I picked up a nice amount at 40c after the pump and dump stuff had settled down. Happy with how it's gone so far, I do find it quite hilarious how so many who don't hold any xrp love knocking it constantly. Xrp has officially broken out and there will be a load of accumulation today with the small dip and on it'll go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

siochain wrote: »
    Folk's, will the crypto downward trend continue? I was ready to buy more today, anyone have any indication on the general outlook?

Still positive. DCA.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Xrp has officially broken out and there will be a load of accumulation today with the small dip and on it'll go.

It has cleary broken out vs the EUR and the USD short term, but if you zoom out and look at it in BTC terms (see below) the chart is still pretty ugly.

The chart shows that there was almost no period after Jan 2017 during which buying XRP would have provided a better return today than sticking to good old BTC. The only exception are the past 4 months (because of the recent surge) but looking at the chart its isn't such a clear breakout yet and could dip again.

549464.png

Bob24 wrote: »
    It has cleary broken out vs the EUR and the USD short term, but if you zoom out and look at it in BTC terms (see below) the chart is still pretty ugly.

The chart shows that there was almost no period after Jan 2017 during which buying XRP would have provided a better return today than sticking to good old BTC. The only exception are the past 4 months (because of the recent surge) but looking at the chart its isn't such a clear breakout yet and could dip again.

549464.png

Agreed it's been slow to do anything, but once it cleared that value a couple of nights ago it looks like a clear breakout to me. I do think that the growth potential for the alt coins is far higher that on bit coin currently. Now it would be a different story to have held bitcoin since last year but I really wouldn't recommend anyone to go into that market currently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭Blowheads

1 dolla 😄

First of 13 I hope

• Advertisement

Nice to wake up to :)

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭plibige

*Insert clever post about moon and lambo here

XRP has breached €1, sort of holding as I write :) Let's see where this goes next.

What's the next resistance point it'll have to pass?

XRP has breached €1, sort of holding as I write :) Let's see where this goes next.

To infinity and beyond :)

I think it will easily pass previous ATH this market cycle. We should see another big jump again when SEC case is over and Coinbase etc relist

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

I expect XRP to replace Bitcoin and become the digital currency for the banks. We shall see. Bitcoin is not feasible, consumes too much electricity and XRP has the experience now from working with the banks. SEC case was done to suppress the price before it took off, which it is doing now.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

Coinbase apparently thinking of relisting xrp after they go public, judges refuse sec request for opening of owners personal financials and the sec lost another request about something last week.

I am very excited

If...... They win the case, and if.... coinbase relists it, where does this currency go?

I had 1400 xrp up to last week bought at around 20-40c - put in another €500 today and thats me capped unless there is a huge dip. (touch wood that doesnt happen) Currently sitting at just under 2k coins. No a lot but im hopeful!

Come on the simpsons predictions!!!

Also - im on poxy revolut with this - does anyone envisage any issues with having my coins there? Apart from the fact They are not guaranteed and I dont have a wallet for them!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭Blowheads

Alright ladies and gents, call your price how high she flies

Blowheads wrote: »
    Alright ladies and gents, call your price how high she flies

1611599618_hqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Emily WW wrote: »
    Also - im on poxy revolut with this - does anyone envisage any issues with having my coins there? Apart from the fact They are not guaranteed and I dont have a wallet for them!!!

I'd like to know this too.

Would I be better getting out of Revolut and buying elsewhere?

• Advertisement
Advertisement