Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Ripple Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Redo91

What’s the issue with having it on Revolut?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

Redo91 wrote: »
    What’s the issue with having it on Revolut?

I dont know, im asking because arent you supposed to keep coins in a wallet and be able to take them out? Revolut holds my coins, I dont know where, they are not guaranteed in any way - I doubt it would happen but it revolut went bust, or they decided to pocket my coins or whatever I dont think there is a lot I could do about it.

I honestly dont know, thats why im asking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

You don't own the coins on Revolut.
    If Revolut went bust or decided to introduce high fees or for some reason suspended your account you wouldn't be able to move them.
    Generally people in the crypto world have trust issues with that type of idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Is it possible to move what you have on Revolut elsewhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

My understanding is that you don't own anything on Revolut to move.

You're trading on the value of the coins, you're not actually trading the coins themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

My understanding is that you don't own anything on Revolut to move.

You're trading on the value of the coins, you're not actually trading the coins themselves.

Is XRP different, as in there are no coins?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

deisedevil wrote: »
    Is it possible to move what you have on Revolut elsewhere?

No.

You have a claim against Revolut for the euro value of a certain number of XRPs. But you don’t actually have any crypto which can be transferred elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭newhouse87

Bought his last year 500euros worth at 0.28, nice little profit, think i will just hold it. How high can it realistically go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

newhouse87 wrote: »
    Bought his last year 500euros worth at 0.28, nice little profit, think i will just hold it. How high can it realistically go?

Max 200-300 10 years down the line

empacher wrote: »

what, that would mean i would have like 550k euro, i like your optimism on this lovely sunda morning ha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

empacher wrote: »

With 45 billion supply, no I don't think so. 100 would put it 4.5 trillion market cap....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,138 ✭✭✭endainoz

sparrowcar wrote: »
    You don't own the coins on Revolut.
    If Revolut went bust or decided to introduce high fees or for some reason suspended your account you wouldn't be able to move them.
    Generally people in the crypto world have trust issues with that type of idea.

Do we actually have examples of that happening though? It does seem a bit far fetched. I could understand extra fees or something coming in alright, I guess people would prefer wallets if they have a large amount.

endainoz wrote: »
    Do we actually have examples of that happening though? It does seem a bit far fetched. I could understand extra fees or something coming in alright, I guess people would prefer wallets if they have a large amount.

No idea to be honest, just what I've read online.
    Personally for small amounts or those new and who want to dabble in crypto I don't see any issue with Revolut. In fact I would go as far as to say the likes of Revolut are probably a safer more secure platform than many of the exchanges.

From my limited research, XRP will take over from swift - its cheaper and faster, and can handle more currency. (i have no idea what that means)

But predictions are for xrp to go stupid high if all the right conditions are met and they win the sec case, 10k stupid

Nice little nest egg for me there - puts me a little under €20m

See you on the islands we buy!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

2 words - market cap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭dougal0691

Emily WW wrote: »
    From my limited research, XRP will take over from swift - its cheaper and faster, and can handle more currency. (i have no idea what that means)

But predictions are for xrp to go stupid high if all the right conditions are met and they win the sec case, 10k stupid

are you suggesting ripple could go to 10k a coin which would leave you 20m worth of it?

dougal0691 wrote: »
    are you suggesting ripple could go to 10k a coin which would leave you 20m worth of it?

Suggesting - no. Speculating for fun - yes!

Suggesting - no. Speculating for fun - yes!

I find it's more fun when the speculated price is within the realms of possibility.

dougal0691 wrote: »
    I find it's more fun when the speculated price is within the realms of possibility.

You dont seem like much fun then :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭dirk_dangler

You would want to do a bit more research, SWIFT is already partnered up with a project to deliver the next gen of money transfers and its not XRP

XRP trumps swift in nearly every department - transaction speed, (4 seconds max vs up to 24hrs) capacity, currency conversions (swift does not convert crypto - banks are moving to crypto)

XRP is significantly cheaper - essentially it completely eliminates swifts fees.

95% of xrps clients are outside the US, with a large amount of US firms ready to jump once (if) the SEC drops its case and if so a massive amount of currency will flow into ripple.

Again I am no expert but various sources predict xrp decimating swift in the near future. A quick google on the issue brings up many examples. As does the the contrary opinion of course, but they seem to me in my stupid brain much less convincing arguments.

I have no idea who you are and maybe you are in the thick of things and im reading and watching total propaganda, I dont think so however.

XRP trumps swift in nearly every department - transaction speed, (4 seconds max vs up to 24hrs) capacity, currency conversions (swift does not convert crypto - banks are moving to crypto)

XRP is significantly cheaper - essentially it completely eliminates swifts fees.

95% of xrps clients are outside the US, with a large amount of US firms ready to jump once (if) the SEC drops its case and if so a massive amount of currency will flow into ripple.

Again I am no expert but various sources predict xrp decimating swift in the near future. A quick google on the issue brings up many examples. As does the the contrary opinion of course, but they seem to me in my stupid brain much less convincing arguments.

I have no idea who you are and maybe you are in the thick of things and im reading and watching total propaganda, I dont think so however.

I like you Emily, you're feisty :)

He's the Lord of crypto on boards.ie I believe, or maybe he thinks he is.. I can't really remember as I'm drunk on my XRP profits right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Daithi40

In my opinion, if xrp ever hits $4 or $5 per token you will be lucky. As another poster commented you need to understand total market supply and how that affects potential future price. Personally I have some sell orders in for <$2 per token.

But I'm assuming you're being a little tongue in cheek ðŸ˜

Daithi40 wrote: »
    In my opinion, if xrp ever hits $4 or $5 per token you will be lucky. As another poster commented you need to understand total market supply and how that affects potential future price. Personally I have some sell orders in for <$2 per token.

$2 seems very tactical and planned, boring if you will.

Im in it for the craic! 10k no less :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭plibige

You would want to do a bit more research, SWIFT is already partnered up with a project to deliver the next gen of money transfers and its not XRP

Yup, and Blockbuster partnered with Enron to do a video on demand service. So don't buy shares in that Netflix nonsense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Daithi40

$2 seems very tactical and planned, boring if you will.

Im in it for the craic! 10k no less :pac:

haha... yep I'll change my sell order to $9,990 then 😉ðŸ˜

sparrowcar wrote: »
    I like you Emily, you're feisty :)

He's the Lord of crypto on boards.ie I believe, or maybe he thinks he is.. I can't really remember as I'm drunk on my XRP profits right now.

Projecting? Is that how you see me?

Do more research, enjoy being dumped on.
    https://decrypt.co/50876/jed-mccaleb-immediately-sells-30-million-xrp-after-getting-266-million

XRP faster than Swift, so you think Swift not working on a next gen upgrade?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Not to mention the at there are dozens of other cryptos which can do the same thing, that that Ripple’s cross border payment system could technically work with any of them. It is all about network effect and adoption.

Now does this mean XRP can’t be successful? No, it could well be.

But anyone who’s convinced it will replace Swift is definitely getting carried away ...

https://decrypt.co/50876/jed-mccaleb-immediately-sells-30-million-xrp-after-getting-266-million

Pity for him he didn't hold on untill now with the price soaring. I'm going to make a guess and say you don't own any xrp?

• Advertisement

Projecting? Is that how you see me?

Projecting vomit any time you post :)

Maybe xrp gets to a trillion, that's just over 20 quid. If that happens you will be doing very well. I think top 5 crypto will be a trillion each in 5-10 years.

If it isnt done and dusted by the time xrp are free to play why would people wait - it would still be much more expensive also!

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Maybe xrp gets to a trillion, that's just over 20 quid. If that happens you will be doing very well. I think top 5 crypto will be a trillion each in 5-10 years.

so you think 500 trillion is out of the question?

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Projecting vomit any time you post :)
    vomiting-money-19242857.jpg

Bob24 wrote: »
    Not to mention the at there are dozens of other cryptos which can do the same thing, that that Ripple’s cross border payment system could technically work with any of them. It is all about network effect and adoption.

Now does this mean XRP can’t be successful? No, it could well be.

But anyone who’s convinced it will replace Swift is definitely getting carried away ...

Ripple and XPR are two sperate things, not many know that, seem to be the bags holders from $3+ that really dont know
    Ripple tech could be adopted by banks and XPR not needed.
    https://flash-fx.com/guides/the-difference-between-ripple-and-xrp
    Who is to say once the SCC is finished with Ripple that regulators in the UK, EU, Japan and so on have a problem with Ripple and start a investigation?

I hope those here holding XPR make money, but its a pass from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Nice price to wake up to . Up 15 cents today and will break the $2 in the next week :)

Any holders out there enjoy the ride :) and to the haters out there tough luck ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭gaming_needs90

I got out at .935. Overall with my LTC I made a nice 40 dollar profit from 3+ years of investment of 1.2k usd :pac::pac:

I was just happy to get out after this time, I am happy for all of you holders :p

Nice price to wake up to . Up 15 cents today and will break the $2 in the next week :)

Any holders out there enjoy the ride :) and to the haters out there tough luck ;)

That Asian market is great for kick starting things in the mornings!

want to cash out 3grand up as im building house now, but then you read online some experts saying it wil go much higher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

newhouse87 wrote: »
    want to cash out 3grand up as im building house now, but then you read online some experts saying it wil go much higher.

Potential for 10X increase in the next 6 months, it's always a gamble though, but I think you would be crazy to sell right now

Potential for 10X increase in the next 6 months, it's always a gamble though, but I think you would be crazy to sell right now

yeah not that in need of the money so will hold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I had 3 times my current stake about 3/4 years ago so feeling a bit FOMO right now. Nice to still have some but c'est la vie.

How long's a piece of string but would it be worth topping up do you think (or anyone for that matter?) or wait for an inevitable(?) drop shortly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

I had 3 times my current stake about 3/4 years ago so feeling a bit FOMO right now. Nice to still have some but c'est la vie.

How long's a piece of string but would it be worth topping up do you think (or anyone for that matter?) or wait for an inevitable(?) drop shortly.

I honestly couldn't tell you, I'm just following a friends advise, he is very bullish about. Him his brother and a friend have been invested a long time.

His mate reckons it will get to 10 and if it does he will enough to retire :eek:

His brother reckons 100 :eek::eek::eek:

These guys have been following and predicting for years.

I've only put in less then 1K in it, I'm fairly risk adverse so not sure I will put much more in.

I'm sure there are many more her with better informed information, like anything though it's a gamble for sure with many future factors at play that can swing it either way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Really the time to get back in was the many times it dipped back to $0.4, I wouldnt be that confident buying in now, there will likely be a sharp correction in the next few weeks, albeit followed by a bounce.
    but waiting for those bounces will kill ya, speaking as a hodler since 2017 :-|

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I honestly couldn't tell you, I'm just following a friends advise, he is very bullish about. Him his brother and a friend have been invested a long time.

His mate reckons it will get to 10 and if it does he will enough to retire :eek:

His brother reckons 100 :eek::eek::eek:

These guys have been following and predicting for years.

I've only put in less then 1K in it, I'm fairly risk adverse so not sure I will put much more in.

I'm sure there are many more her with better informed information, like anything though it's a gamble for sure with many future factors at play that can swing it either way

Completely agree, as with all Crypro's a minefield and some luck involved. FOMO rising.
    GreeBo wrote: »
    Really the time to get back in was the many times it dipped back to $0.4, I wouldnt be that confident buying in now, there will likely be a sharp correction in the next few weeks, albeit followed by a bounce.
    but waiting for those bounces will kill ya, speaking as a hodler since 2017 :-|

I also agree, I sold in Feb when there was the pump and dump and thought that was it but kept some just in case. Kind of stung now really.

I've been hodling ETH since 2017 too so well aware of the ups and downs!! The fear is not investing when it is still 'cheap' at €1.30 when it could be 10x that in 12months. I'll mull it over some more! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

I'm sitting on 3800 xrp that I bought in 2017 just before lift off. A mate of mine was telling me how it was going to replace SWIFT back then too. Never did.

I remember buying them on bitstamp poolside in lanzarote in the September for about .13 cent. Felt like an absolute baller. I regret not cashing out 5k profit back then as I saw 10k turn back to 500e pretty quickly.

Anyway I'm back dreaming of paying off my mortgage again but point of my story is its far from guaranteed, ill be taking my 5k this time around if it hits 2e.

A quick check of my crypto posting history shows I'm new to this since the new year.
    I invested in ETH, XRP and VET and so far it's been huge gains.
    I cashed out my initial investment a while back so everything from here on is profit.

I may never clear my mortgage with my initial investment but already passed the home decoration budget and on the way to an house extension so will see where we end up in a few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59,645 ✭✭✭✭namenotavailablE

I'm more in the "oh, that will pay for a nice weekend away somewhere" camp than the "No more mortgage" camp myself. Still very happy with the current unrealised profit but don't want to cash in just yet as I think the SEC case is going well for Ripple. Famous last words, perhaps...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Theman343

I'm more in the "oh, that will pay for a nice weekend away somewhere" camp than the "No more mortgage" camp myself. Still very happy with the current unrealised profit but don't want to cash in just yet as I think the SEC case is going well for Ripple. Famous last words, perhaps...

Where is the best place to follow the court case ?

Advertisement