Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW14 Captain

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭timber train

Going for robbie kane .
    ☺☺☺10goals in 9 games in his career v the foxes. .plus 4 goals came in this away fixture last season and a assist . ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Spurs away from home.
    Has to be Kane.......
    Really tempted by Morata doh'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

How am I now considering captaining Alonso, why did I click on this thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Lads captaining a defender just never makes sense.

You’re relying on a clean sheet which in itself is very dangerous. Also adding the need of at least an assist really, it just isn’t good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

How am I now considering captaining Alonso, why did I click on this thread

Sorry :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

I have a sneaky suspicion Salah might be rested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

callaway92 wrote: »

You’re relying on a clean sheet which in itself is very dangerous. Also adding the need of at least an assist really, it just isn’t good.
    Well you're always relying on your captain getting something above and beyond the 2 points for starting. A clean sheet is the same points as a goal for a forward. I'd suspect the odds of a Chelsea clean sheet are similar to that of Morata scoring any time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

I wanna go Hazard but it feels too risky

stephenl15 wrote: »
    I wanna go Hazard but it feels too risky

Jaysus, if Hazard is risky what's Safe?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

I feel like I've taken one of these tests before...

'Secure'?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

I'd feel more at ease with Kane, as in I'd lose less ground if I captained Kane and he blanked rather than if I captained Hazard and he blanked

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

callaway92 wrote: »

Normally I would agree, and I can't recall ever captaining a defender in 10+ years... that said, its not the worst decision in Alonso's case, he's basically a winger!

Chelsea are 8/13 to keep a clean sheet. Morata is 8/13 to score a goal

Alonso is 3/1 to score. Morata is 3/1 to score 2 (or more)

This is back of the cigarette packet maths but you see where I'm going, and this isn't factoring in assists or bonus points. It's a closer call that you would think, although Morata would shade it on the basis he's unlikely to end up on 2 points, whereas if Chelsea do concede that's a likely end score for Alonso. Both have the potential to score 10+, but Morata is the much safer bet.

If I didn't have Hazard or Morata I would consider Alosno, but it's always a gamble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I have Alonso so obv want him to score well but definitely captaining Morata

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭siblers

amber69 wrote: »

You shut your mouth

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

stephenl15 wrote:
    I'd feel more at ease with Kane, as in I'd lose less ground if I captained Kane and he blanked rather than if I captained Hazard and he blanked

You sound like the Mourinho of fantasy management :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

stephenl15 wrote: »

If this poll is anything to go by Chelsea will be heavily transferred in and captained.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Officer999

Going with Hazard but have a really nagging feeling that his gonna be benched.
    Really hope I'm wrong!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

amber69 wrote: »

Agree, he's getting rested soon and this could be it.
    Mane and Firmino got the rest at the weekend, could be Salah's turn and with Lallana coming back that allows Klopp to play him or Couthinho on the left and Mane on the right to give Salah a rest.

This means I'll be going for Morata (C), Hazard (VC)

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Would it be bonkers to captain Alonso?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭daheff

Fromvert wrote: »
    Agree, he's getting rested soon and this could be it.
    Mane and Firmino got the rest at the weekend, could be Salah's turn and with Lallana coming back that allows Klopp to play him or Couthinho on the left and Mane on the right to give Salah a rest.

damn you and your logic.

Salah C
    Kane VC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

daheff wrote: »
    damn you and your logic.

Salah C
    Kane VC

Haha I'll be crying after Liverpool go and thump Stoke, led by Salah and Chelsea struggle against Swansea.
    There will be a game soon where he'll be rested getting it right when it'll happen will be the struggle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

wardides wrote: »

Deadline soon and the usual who to captain thoughts are kicking in.

Alonso (C) is on the radar but Morata is the safe pick. Not really a time YET to be gambling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Just did analysis of City and Aguero's recent record vs Southampton compared to Kane and spurs vs Leicester.

... But I'm not telling you which one I captained.

wardides wrote: »

Way ahead of you. Already done it.

Not sure why people think Morata is safer and what they're basing it on. Brace/assist maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Just did analysis of City and Aguero's recent record vs Southampton compared to Kane and spurs vs Leicester.

I can see Jesus starting instead of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭Paddy_Irishman

His record against Leicester in total reads: eight goals in five Premier League appearances, nine goals in 10 in all competitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

Way ahead of you. Already done it.

Not sure why people think Morata is safer and what they're basing it on. Brace/assist maybe

I was just about to post Alonso this morn and seen shanotheslayer had bet me too it.essentially your captaining a midfielder who gets defensive clean sheets points

pimpmyhat wrote: »
    I was just about to post Alonso this morn and seen shanotheslayer had bet me too it.essentially your captaining a midfielder who gets defensive clean sheets points

I'm just basing mine on bookies also. I also need a differential as I'm behind in leagues. My captaincy with strikers has been horrendous.

If it's a clean sheet it's the equivalent of a striker scoring 1 goal with also the chance of BPs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Deadline soon and the usual who to captain thoughts are kicking in.

Alonso (C) is on the radar but Morata is the safe pick. Not really a time YET to be gambling
    pimpmyhat wrote: »
    I'm just basing mine on bookies also. I also need a differential as I'm behind in leagues. My captaincy with strikers has been horrendous.

If it's a clean sheet it's the equivalent of a striker scoring 1 goal with also the chance of BPs.

Disregard what I said a little while ago.

I’m on Alonso (C) now fook it, I’m in the mood to gamble !

• Advertisement

Disregard what I said a little while ago.

I’m on Alonso (C) now fook it

Blame Pimp if it fails. :pac:

Advertisement