Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surfing holidays

Options
  • 27-11-2017 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭

Where is a good place to go for a couple of days surfing holiday with lessons in Europe probably?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Morocco, Lanzarote, Portugal, Spain, South West France, Enniscrone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Morocco, Lanzarote, Portugal, Spain, South West France, Enniscrone

yeah I mean it's easy to google top 10 surfing holidays and come up with newspaper lists I was just wondering if anyone has any specific good experiences at any locations, not just tourist traps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Actually they were from the top of my head, I've been to all but morocco. Your post was very light on detail. I'd suggest you do your own homework, search past posts here, look at tripadvisor. Each place has it's good and bad points and prefered time of year to go there. I could tell you to go to Morocco but if you go in the summer it could be windy, this time of year the wind dies. Also, are you a beginner or experienced. Madeira has some terrify waves, if big wave charging is your thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

No need to get snarky 😳

As spacer says all are good just depends whatcha are looking for - party, sun, surf etc

Madeira is an option but feck me I’m a direct flight only man and it can get kinda expensive

My recommendation is always have a week in mind and fly according to the best conditions according to your ability last minute

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭ems_12

Late response but Lagos is a good spot particularly if you are beginner/intermediate. Usually cheap flights available to Faro. 
    A place called Surf Experience ("Surf Experience" rather than TSE) is quite good; they are within reach of a number of beaches so generally get the best surf on the day.  I found them really good; they take care of kit, choosing the beaches, they also do a great lunch out on the beach :)  Their instruction is very helpful; good warm ups, reading the beach, and once you are popping up they start to develop skills on the board.

• Advertisement
Advertisement