Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet now down for 4 days, Eir support a disgrace

Options
  • 27-11-2017 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭

I got a fibre to the home connection installed on Wednesday 22nd of November. The KN technician was in the house until 7pm trying to get the connection working. Turned out Eir did not even bother turning it on. Internet was then extremely slow on Thursday (<1Mbit/s) and then there was no connection at all on Friday. 

I spent 4 hours on the phone to eir on Friday and Saturday (most of which was listening to stupid elevator music) and the support technicians served little more than to waste my time telling me that the issue was currently being looked at and that it could take up to 48 hours.

It is now Monday, I still have no internet connection and the Eir support staff are still lying by telling me that the problem is being resolved.

Eir are the single worst company I have ever dealt with and I would urge anyone reading to avoid if at all possible.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

bfa1509 wrote: »
    I got a fibre to the home connection installed on Wednesday 22nd of November. The KN technician was in the house until 7pm trying to get the connection working. Turned out Eir did not even bother turning it on. Internet was then extremely slow on Thursday (<1Mbit/s) and then there was no connection at all on Friday. 

I spent 4 hours on the phone to eir on Friday and Saturday (most of which was listening to stupid elevator music) and the support technicians served little more than to waste my time telling me that the issue was currently being looked at and that it could take up to 48 hours.

It is now Monday, I still have no internet connection and the Eir support staff are still lying by telling me that the problem is being resolved.

Eir are the single worst company I have ever dealt with and I would urge anyone reading to avoid if at all possible.
    Hi there,

I am very sorry to hear this. If you PM me your account number and full name I'll look into this for you.

- Adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi bfa1509, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us today. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with your service, I understand this is frustrating. 

Feel free to PM me your account number, name on the account and I'll look onto to this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

PM sent
    Thanks for the details. 

I'll come back to you through PM's soon. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement