Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traditional music - wedding

Options
  • 27-11-2017 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Just wondering if you could advise me on a good traditional musician or band to play for our wedding ceremony in Galway and perhaps drinks reception.

Or outside of traditional - any good guitarist to play or performer to sing.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Church wedding or civil ceremony?

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭gandroid

FoxHouse wrote: »
    Just wondering if you could advise me on a good traditional musician or band to play for our wedding ceremony in Galway and perhaps drinks reception.

Or outside of traditional - any good guitarist to play or performer to sing.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I know a group of talented trad musicians that do that sort of work and could help if you want to PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Not sure about traditional but this is Sarah Hession
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiUDq3pqP8E

There may be others on youtube if you search

• Registered Users Posts: 43 FoxHouse

Church Wedding!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

I've heard Katie O' Connor play at a wedding and she is amazing. She played at the tea/coffee reception before the meal and sang for the first dance. Everyone was talking about how great she is. https://www.facebook.com/CaitOMusic/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

OP can you narrow it down a bit as there are a bunch of great musicians who do this sort of stuff, outside of proper 'wedding bands'?

A reception is a larger ask for a solo artist, a 2 or 3 piece best, people who can do lively and also a drinks reception. There's a few solo singers who do 2 or 3 piece. Most of the people below will either do a range or trad.

Here's a mix of male & female singers and bands:

Jenny O' Brien
    Niceol Blue
    Back West
    Ben Turner

Advertisement