Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing Kodi on Fire stick

Options
  • 27-11-2017 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

I bought a Fire stick a year or two ago on eBay, advertised as "new, jailbroken with Kodi".

Recently very little seemed to load, what did was buffering constantly despite a strong internet connection. In a botched bid to improve the amount of streams actually working, I messed with the settings using instructions I found online, and now the streams don't even initiate.

I can't find the link again to undo what I did, so I think I'm going to have to uninstall Kodi and install it again. Is it that simple, or is there more to it? The fact that someone went to the effort of selling a Fire stick with Kodi added as some kind of an upgrade makes me think it's not just a case of downloading the app.

Any advise to undo my careless tinkering would be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭robbie67

Just go into settings,over to applications ,manage installed applications,click on kodi and hit uninstall and just download a new kodi app the latest is 17.6 or do a full factory reset and start from scratch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

robbie67 wrote: »
    Just go into settings,over to applications ,manage installed applications,click on kodi and hit uninstall and just download a new kodi app the latest is 17.6

That simple? The guy on eBay really earned the extra tenner then! Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

robbie67 wrote: »
    Just go into settings,over to applications ,manage installed applications,click on kodi and hit uninstall and just download a new kodi app the latest is 17.6 or do a full factory reset and start from scratch
    That simple? The guy on eBay really earned the extra tenner then! Thanks

WARNING if you do this you may lose all the sources and addons you already have.

But since they're of a questionable nature we can't go through installing these here.

Also, there's crackdown on these addons and sites so certain sources may not be working / loading any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

me_irl wrote: »
    WARNING if you do this you may lose all the sources and addons you already have.

But since they're of a questionable nature we can't go through installing these here.

Also, there's crackdown on these addons and sites so certain sources may not be working / loading any more.

Understood, thanks

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

See notice at the top of the forum, discussion of addons etc is not allowed here.

Thread closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement