Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eligible to move to Canada in our 40s?

Options
  • 27-11-2017 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I have searched and can’t establish if this is possible. Wondering if anyone had experience moving in your 40s?
    Any and all advice welcome.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Temporarily or permanently?

If it's temporarily then you can get a work permit once an employer gets permission to employ you (search for LMIA).

Permanently might be a bit trickier. It's a points based system and once you turn 40, you lose quite a few points for age. There's a points calculator here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp . You need to be scoring around 440-450 to be selected. (Express Entry).

There's also the option of the Provincial Nomination Program.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 educere

Thanks for your help. I was hoping for permanently. I’ll try the link you suggested.

Advertisement