Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loyalty

Options
  • 27-11-2017 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭

Hi there,

I am a long term customer of Electric Ireland and called your line at the weekend as I am considering moving to avail of a better rate.  To avoid the hassle, I said I would give Electric Ireland first refusal before trying other providers. 

Is it correct that if you have never paid Electric Ireland a penny before in your life, you will get €175 cash back and loyalty rate where customers greater than 10 years are not entitled to this.

I am out of contract and the best I was offered was a 5% discount on Electricity.  Is this the best you can do before I take up an offer elsewhere?

Thanks 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi d1980,

Thank you for getting in touch. We can confirm that the €175 credit (along with 5%/5.5% saving off electricity units alone, or 8%/8.5% off electricity units plus gas units each) is currently the offer for new customers to Electric Ireland.

The 5% saving is the offer for existing electricity customers who pay by direct debit (5.5% with Online Billing). This saving does not expire and it remains on an account indefinitely.

Is gas (from the mains) in addition to electricity an option for you? The bonus is available to existing electricity customers who switch Networks gas to Electric Ireland also. The saving off units used goes up to 8% off each (8.5% with Online Billing also).

Existing Electric Ireland customers can avail of the Nest Thermostat for €130 or the Climote for €90.

Best regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭d1980

Hi d1980,

Thank you for getting in touch. We can confirm that the €175 credit (along with 5%/5.5% saving off electricity units alone, or 8%/8.5% off electricity units plus gas units each) is currently the offer for new customers to Electric Ireland.

The 5% saving is the offer for existing electricity customers who pay by direct debit (5.5% with Online Billing). This saving does not expire and it remains on an account indefinitely.

Is gas (from the mains) in addition to electricity an option for you? The bonus is available to existing electricity customers who switch Networks gas to Electric Ireland also. The saving off units used goes up to 8% off each (8.5% with Online Billing also).

Existing Electric Ireland customers can avail of the Nest Thermostat for €130 or the Climote for €90.

Best regards,
    Una

Thanks

All our power is electricity, no oil or gas.
    Thanks for the info. Makes it easier and a lot cheaper to switch now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige B

Hi d1980,

Thanks for your message.

We regret that you are considering switching away from Electric Ireland. Should you decide to stay, or return to Electric Ireland at a later date, please let us know.

If you have any other queries regarding Electric Ireland, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Thanks,
    Brige

Advertisement