Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power meter shimano crank compatibility

Options
  • 27-11-2017 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi all,

Looking to purchase a left side crank based power meter but not sure if it will be compatible with my existing cranksets. Currently running 4650 Tiagra on my training bike and 6800 Ultegra on my race bike, and want something I can swap over between the two bikes. Looking at a 105 4iiii crank most likely. Can anyone tell me if this will work?

Cheers,
    Eoin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

Yes it will. I have used my Stages Ultegra Left Sided Crank Arm on Ultegra, 105 and the Tiagra Chainset you have mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

will work. have a 4iiii i swap between 3 bikes... all shimano cranks and all 175mm.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭eoin88

Great, thanks guys. Just realised my Tiagra is 170mm and the Ultegra is 172.5 though!
    Think I'll just have to swap the Tiagra for a 172.5...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

eoin88 wrote: »
    Great, thanks guys. Just realised my Tiagra is 170mm and the Ultegra is 172.5 though!
    Think I'll just have to swap the Tiagra for a 172.5...

Sure you might as well upgrade to Ultegra while you're at it ;) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Raymzor

eoin88 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Looking to purchase a left side crank based power meter but not sure if it will be compatible with my existing cranksets. Currently running 4650 Tiagra on my training bike and 6800 Ultegra on my race bike, and want something I can swap over between the two bikes. Looking at a 105 4iiii crank most likely. Can anyone tell me if this will work?

Cheers,
    Eoin

I bought a torque wrench when I got a stages PM. It’s a must have for swapping around bikes as you are proposing to do.

• Advertisement
Advertisement