Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Tablet (Only with Fibre)

Options
  • 27-11-2017 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I am looking to switch and there are some good deals at the moment with Eir. Alot of the deals include a free tablet.
    However, when I put in my phone number I'm told that I don't have fibre and there are other packages available. That's all fine as prices are pretty much the same.

However, there is no free tablet on these offers.
    Why is that? When I bought my house three years ago, the fibre rollout map said I would have fibre by the summer of 2016. That rollout map has now changed to "Planned".
    So to be fair, it is Eir's fault that I don't have fibre yet. If I take one of the offers, is there a chance I'll get a free tablet anyway?
    Thanks,
    Alan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

eezipc wrote: »
    Hi,
    I am looking to switch and there are some good deals at the moment with Eir. Alot of the deals include a free tablet.
    However, when I put in my phone number I'm told that I don't have fibre and there are other packages available. That's all fine as prices are pretty much the same.

However, there is no free tablet on these offers.
    Why is that? When I bought my house three years ago, the fibre rollout map said I would have fibre by the summer of 2016. That rollout map has now changed to "Planned".
    So to be fair, it is Eir's fault that I don't have fibre yet. If I take one of the offers, is there a chance I'll get a free tablet anyway?
    Thanks,
    Alan
    Hi Alan,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. Free tablets are offered to anybody that includes broadband, mobile and landline or broadband, TV and landline. As eir  Vision is only available to fibre customers, you'd need to order a mobile bundle in order to receive a free tablet.

- Adam

Advertisement