Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Between Electrical Suppliers

Options
  • 27-11-2017 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi Folks,

Need advice, i thought i had a contract with "just energy" a new provider in the market, but due to the name been in someone elses name and data protection and a whole other load of trash it seems i am not actually a customer, so for the last two months i have not actually had an energy provider but have used my electricity as normal.
    So now i owe two months electricity to someone but i dont know who? any ideas on who i should pay?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

At the risk of stating the obvious, wait for the bill to come through your letterbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 southie_anseo

A Bill from who though? i contacted ESB networks today thinking thy might send me a bill but they cannot as i am not "actually signed" to them. Thats the problem i am not signed to anyone what a ridiculous situation.
    All i want to do is pay a flippin bill its driving me mad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

A Bill from who though? i contacted ESB networks today thinking thy might send me a bill but they cannot as i am not "actually signed" to them. Thats the problem i am not signed to anyone what a ridiculous situation.
    All i want to do is pay a flippin bill its driving me mad

ESB Networks do not supply customers and the reps won't know which supplier people are with.
    If you have supply, you must be with some supply company. Electric Ireland are the usual suppler of last resort if a customer has not selected a supplier.
    You will have to get a bill from somebody within two months.

ESB Networks do not supply customers and the reps won't know which supplier people are with.
    If you have supply, you must be with some supply company. Electric Ireland are the usual suppler of last resort if a customer has not selected a supplier.
    You will have to get a bill from somebody within two months.

Seriously? oh my goodness you have just made my day, ill submit a reading today and see who sends me a bill so. thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

Seriously? oh my goodness you have just made my day, ill submit a reading today and see who sends me a bill so. thank you

If you don't know who you are signed up with, who will you submit the meter reading to. As others have said don't panic, just wait until the first bill comes in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

All readings go to esb networks.

If you don't know who you're with ring the office of utility regulation...used be cer. Behind the mprn number is a porting database and it'll tell you who you're with. Same principle works for telecoms by the way, although slightly differently. Guess what I worked in !

amtc wrote: »
    All readings go to esb networks.

If you don't know who you're with ring the office of utility regulation...used be cer. Behind the mprn number is a porting database and it'll tell you who you're with. Same principle works for telecoms by the way, although slightly differently. Guess what I worked in !

Well i sent my reading off today to ESB Networks so the wit begins, its not that i dont know who i am with as such, the account is in my granddads name (deceased) and i had signed up with Better Energy, i thought all was fine for two months until last week when they contacted me wanting proof of ownership of the property, which i cannot give as its not mine i just pay the damn bill. I though changing supplier was "the smart" thing to do but obviously its just a can of worms. So i dont know if i am still with better energy of not, i have no idea, and if i am not with them who am i with? so hopefully like suggested a bill will come and then ill know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭cml387

How could you sign up with anybody if the account wasn't in your name, but your grandad's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

cml387 wrote: »
    How could you sign up with anybody if the account wasn't in your name, but your grandad's?

New customer, new occupant/owner, it happens every day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement