Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pond net

Options
  • 27-11-2017 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

Hi all, not sure where to ask this question. We have a stream in our garden that goes under a bridge. It has many overhanging trees and now the culvert it runs through under a road is blocked and stream overflowing.
    Last week it caused a major flood. The stream at the culvert is normally 50cm deep but now is at 2m. Normally I put waders on and get in and clear it out every few months but can't do that at 2m. I am looking for a pond net on a long pole that we can use from the bank to clear some of it away. It needs to.have strong netting and a pole of about 2m, any suggestions. I've looked on Amazon at fish catch nets and at swimming pool skimmers and neither are quite right, the skimmers too light and the nets too short.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

Sorry, would you not use a good longhandled rake to clear out the culvert?

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

baaba maal wrote: »
    Sorry, would you not use a good longhandled rake to clear out the culvert?

I'm not trying to clear in the culvert but the leaves and branches blocking access to it, the culvert itself is under water now. The water is now 2m deep and I need something to fish out the debris with.
    But thanks for answering

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭blackbox

I'd say your best bet for a strong net is to try an angling shop.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

if you're in dublin, give pond hobby in north county dublin a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Thanks all, I got a lovely rubberized catch net in a fishing shop.yesterday that i passed by .
    Hope it works

• Advertisement
Advertisement