Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long for esb to reconnect?

Options
  • 27-11-2017 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

We are in the process of selling a house. The electricity and gas was switched off for over a year so in order reconnect we needed to get a plumber out for the gas and then. Bord gais came out and reconnected. We had an electrician call out and submit his report to esb and are waiting on them to reconnect

. They've said it could be 10 working days. Not very helpful with any idea of a day. We're on day 7 at the moment and no word. Does anyone know do they stick to the maximum 10 day turnaround? We're on a bit of a tight schedule!
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

I've known them to reconnect the day after the certificate goes on the Esbn system
    I've found that the delays are generally with the service provider not requesting a connection order and not esbn as they are fairly efficient
    Get onto your service provider and ask them what's the delay

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭tskk

Thanks for that. Esb have confirmed they have the order just won't commit to a date to reconnect. If I knew they would defiantly reconnect within the 10 days and not go over then we could go ahead with other plans.

Advertisement