Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evil 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

godtabh wrote: »
    If you have a gamin supplied cable i.e the one that came with it it should be fine. Thats what I use with my Edge 1000

Yea I have the garmin cable. I have an Edge 800 I'd forgotten about it but it and the 1000 and a few other garmin models don't need power only usb cables. They stay powered on when charging even with a data cable.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Ryath wrote: »
    Yea I have the garmin cable. I have an Edge 800 I'd forgotten about it but it and the 1000 and a few other garmin models don't need power only usb cables. They stay powered on when charging even with a data cable.

Which is a pain some time when the wife unplugs it and auto turn off doesn't kick in because it is looking for satellites!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Ryath wrote: »
    .. They stay powered on when charging even with a data cable.
    My 820 switches back on when charging but it just needs to be switched off again once only and it charges away. I usually charge it during breaks on a long ride to save me from the hassle of trying to charge it on the move.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

I think I am just going in battery save mode as a test on Evil day...See how long I get out of it..throw a watch on the handle bar for fuelling purposes..
    I may opt for a 6am start which means may not see some of you to ask directions..
    In saying that the next one for you on the off chance that someone has printed out the route for a handy crossbar guide... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

The last few times I've just used my garmin to record the ride - and used
    a print out and memory to navigate. When in doubt just go up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

I think I am just going in battery save mode as a test on Evil day...See how long I get out of it..throw a watch on the handle bar for fuelling purposes..
    I may opt for a 6am start which means may not see some of you to ask directions..
    In saying that the next one for you on the off chance that someone has printed out the route for a handy crossbar guide... :)

You really shouldn't need a GPS for this as i'm sure you've climbed all of the climbs.
    The only bit i'm not sure of is the extra few km's that were added on to bring it up to the 5000m mark.
    And you'd need a huge crossbar to fit a print out on it.

Anyway i got my babysitter confirmed yesterday for that day so exactly 1 month now.

:D
    Ah I know my way round the gps is only a battery test for longevity..If its not on Strava and all that jazz.
    I'll start from my house and cover the missed meters with other hills on the way to my start point...but will confirm closer to the time...
    I might do a dry run the 26th of May cant attend Mick Byrne on the 27th...Throw Kippure and Turlough hill in as well ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 rappid

When is the start time?
    How many 'broken souls' usually takes part in that event? ;)

rappid wrote: »
    When is the start time?
    How many 'broken souls' usually takes part in that event? ;)

Start time has yet to be decided buy usually between 7-8 AM under the Luas bridge in Dundrum.

Last year we had 6 turn up on the day, year before that 3 and the year before that i done it on my own as have other people in the past who can't make it on the day. The rest i think done it in July?

I think this year we are going to have a bigger turn out as most have used all their excuses up now.
    Next it will be, the dog ate my bike :pac:

3500m last Saturday 2 crashes...1 broken spoke....Roll on June 9th..It is on June 9th??

Does it qualify as an Audux??

Battery life update I took off the speed sensor and the battery life has nearly doubled....

• Advertisement

Yes it's the 9th of June.
    How does 7.30 am sound to everybody, under the Luas bridge in Dundrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 rappid

Not good, Im working in 9th of June.
    I will do that course following day, Sunday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

rappid wrote: »
    ...I will do that course following day, Sunday :)
    Wicklow will be busy that day - WW200.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Does it qualify as an Audux??

Alas no but there's always this*

*If you think you're up to NamelessPhil's standard that is...

Yes it's the 9th of June.
    How does 7.30 am sound to everybody, under the Luas bridge in Dundrum.

Good to go unless the dog eats my bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Right I've survived the MB200 with a hangover. Reckon I may be up for this assuming I stay off the beer on Friday. Don't expect any land speed records to be set mind :o

Aand I'm out. Looks like I'm off to Download instead. TBF Download will probably leave me much more fatigued :p

P_1 wrote: »
    Aand I'm out. Looks like I'm off to Download instead. TBF Download will probably leave me much more fatigued :p

Ok. Googled TBF and still don't know what it means

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

I'll be there Saturday...initial plan is to make it as far as Laragh and reassess at that point!

Ok. Googled TBF and still don't know what it means

To be fair :pac:

• Advertisement

colm18 wrote: »
    I'll be there Saturday...initial plan is to make it as far as Laragh and reassess at that point!

First or second time through laragh

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

P_1 wrote: »
    Looks like I'm off to Download instead. TBF Download will probably leave me much more fatigued :p

Whatever about the assumed booze intake - If it’s muddy yes! One festival that’s on my bucket list. Have fun!

Just to be clear - are we doing the first route posted

https://www.strava.com/routes/11276323

or Plastiks...?

https://www.strava.com/routes/11298346

daragh_ wrote: »
    Just to be clear - are we doing the first route posted

https://www.strava.com/routes/11276323

or Plastiks...?

https://www.strava.com/routes/11298346

I've added a poll to the thread although i really don't mind.
    Its going to be a hard day no matter what route we choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

You all know that 5,000m elevation is the correct choice.

Plastik wrote: »
    You all know that 5,000m elevation is the correct choice.

Will you be there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

Will you be there?

Jeez, putting me on the spot. Won't commit yet. There's a TT on Saturday and a race Sunday which might get preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭devonp

hopefully i can make it, 0730 Sat correct?

devonp wrote: »
    hopefully i can make it, 0730 Sat correct?

Yes, under the Luas bridge. Looks like its the 5000m version:eek:

• Advertisement

Plastiks route it is then.
    Good to see 9 votes in total. Should be a good turn out then.

Advertisement