Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evil 2018

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

i cant do it this week but going to attempt something later in the summer.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,457 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

If I can roll myself out of bed, I might come to get an official picture before having to go on into work. Don't hold me to that though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Weepsie wrote: »
    If I can roll myself out of bed, I might come to get an official picture before having to go on into work. Don't hold me to that though.

for 7:30? I was thinking the same. Its just me and a 5 year old on saturday so chances are he will have me awake!

godtabh wrote: »
    for 7:30? I was thinking the same. Its just me and a 5 year old on saturday so chances are he will have me awake!

Yup, i'd need to be up around 6.30 to eat and roll to Dundrum as i always get lost on my way there. I can otherwise stay in bed til 8.15 and race into work for 9 which is more likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

godtabh wrote: »
    i cant do it this week but going to attempt something later in the summer.

Won’t be the same without you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

Considering that I ride the first Evil in 2013 (holy feck it really is 5 years ago!) I should turn out for the first half of this year's ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I'll try to do it solo later in the summer. My version of this weekends Evil shall be a hungover jog around the racetrack of Castle Donnington!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

Plastik wrote: »
    Jeez, putting me on the spot. Won't commit yet. There's a TT on Saturday and a race Sunday which might get preference.

Im with Irish rover you design the route you have to do the route!

All that being said I have written up a
    the 5000m q card..and I dont even see Kippure or Turlough Hill:D

I haven't decided on departure time but looking like either 5am/5.30am or 6am just to get back at a reasonable hour...so if anyone wants to join me ill be jumping on the route at Lamb Doyles...up to Blue light way. Ill have an extra body with me for numbers so thats 11 hardy souls;)

How do I re follow this thread?? knocked it off by mistake

Jonny foxes or the Blue light for pints??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

How do I re follow this thread?? knocked it off by mistake

Jonny foxes or the Blue light for pints??

Down the left hand side click follow.

Blue light maybe, Better view and more space in the car park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

7:30 under dundrum luas tomorrow. lets see if I really recovered from that fecking summer chest infection and a separate case of loss of interest in cycling

[edit]

so, is it Plastik's route officially? I've loaded it to Wahoo already........

Alek wrote: »
    so, is it Plastik's route officially? I've loaded it to Wahoo already........

yep. hope you can make it Alek.

Will be a nice day out. Great weather and at least 2 stops for refuelling. I'll be taking it very very handy. Trying to keep up with the Mountain Goats is the road to disaster for me :D

:D
    Down the left hand side click follow.

Blue light maybe, Better view and more space in the car park.

Ill see how I am after Devils elbow that climb up to the golf course might be beyond me at that stage you all will have caught me at that stage!
    What time is the last bus from Foxes??

good luck tomorrow lads

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Good luck lads - sorry I can't be there. I'll do it in a few weeks (and I also have to do redo and finish the 2016 route this year).

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭smcclaw

Best of luck to everyone doing this, should be a cracking ice cream and hill filled day

Did not make it out to take a "team photo". Best of luck. good day for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

Just in from a quarter-Evil. I left the lads at the top of Cunard on the Featherbeds. Great day, no wind. The tan lines will be crisp!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

Are they still out there!?

In the blue light. 214 km so far. 22.7 kph. Second Guinness. Cracking day. All down hill from here 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Alexzont

Just back there! Forgoed the pint to collapse into bed at home.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1627817934

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Well that was a long day! I'm surprised Plastik & irishrover didn't find a way to make the final stretch from Johnny Foxes to Dundrum uphill.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Sunsets On Tuesday

What a cracking day for a cycle! By far the toughest I have ever done. The company was top notch, really made the whole thing easier.

My Garmin said the average temperature was 19 degrees! While we cannot complain, it was almost too hot in places.

Slieve Mann from Glenmalure for me was by some distance the toughest climb. In the sweltering heat (28 degrees) with full exposure to the sun plus with a consistent steep gradient that seems to go on forever.

I followed the exact route that Plastik posted and ended up with 4,500m elevation. Strava must be overestimating with its route planner.

All-in-all a fantastic day, topped off by brilliant weather and company.

Thanks to all that came out, it was a day to remember.
    Attached is the notorious team photo

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Sunsets On Tuesday

What a cracking day for a cycle! By far the toughest I have ever done. The company was top notch, really made the whole thing easier.

My Garmin said the average temperature was 19 degrees! While we cannot complain, it was almost too hot in places.

Slieve Mann from Glenmalure for me was by some distance the toughest climb. In the sweltering heat (28 degrees) with full exposure to the sun plus with a consistent steep gradient that seems to go on forever.

I followed the exact route that Plastik posted and ended up with 4,500m elevation. Strava must be overestimating with its route planner.

All-in-all a fantastic day, topped off by brilliant weather and company.

Thanks to all that came out, it was a day to remember.

Attached is the notorious "team" photo!

Strava: https://www.strava.com/activities/1627837049

Scrapped the pint to finish off the 5000m!

I missed 2 turns and knew I couldnt have lost 750m :D
    Ah well 251km with 5118m in 12 hours rolling...
    Evil completed even if it was my own finish.

Well done to y’all would have met youse in the Blue light but stubborness won.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Swanson

Definitely the best spin I have ever done. Thx to Alexzont for those jelly babies: they made all the difference in being able to hang on going up Liam Horner.

Once again, real thanks to irishrover for coming up with another brilliant course.

Swanson wrote: »
    Definitely the best spin I have ever done. Thx to Alexzont for those jelly babies: they made all the difference in being able to hang on going up Liam Horner.

Once again, real thanks to irishrover for coming up with another brilliant course.

I came up with most of ithe route with plastik making some changes. Plastik was awesome today. Chapeau ðŸ˜

But definitely the best spin I've done also

Well done on the route Irishrover and Plastik.

Well done all. That was epic and brutal in equal measure. Think I’ve served my time. Maybe I’ll take up something easy like bare knuckle fighting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

Minimal changes to be fair, just a little extra local knowledge. I was on the bike at 830am in Cork this morning in 18-20deg heat and I was thinking of how hard this route was going to be today in those temps.

Advertisement