Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Callaway X-Hot 2 Irons

Options
  • 27-11-2017 5:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

Quick one guys. Anyone play with or in the past the Callaway X-Hot 2 irons. Just back from Australia and in the market for a new set of clubs. Had the original Callayway X-Hot 1 driver and 3 wood in oz and I must say they were great clubs and really easy to hit...However I have never hit any of the irons from this callaway series. Just looking for some user feedback if there is any on here. thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I didn't like them, too chunky, don't like chrome on irons and they felt a little "hard" for want of a better word. That being said, golf clubs are very much horses for courses. Go to a shop and hit as many different types and brands as you can, if you can bring a demo out on course with you even better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭sydneygolfdude

Thanks Ronnie. I seen a deal on them on Ebay so I might have a look around and to see if I can get a hit in a local shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Thanks Ronnie. I seen a deal on them on Ebay so I might have a look around and to see if I can get a hit in a local shop.

Another good option for used clubs that a lot of guys here would use is adverts.ie, a sister site of boards.ie. You need to already know what you want though as you have to commit to the purchase similar to ebay
    irons

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭benny79

If you go onto Todays golfer website and check under equipment they might have a review on them!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

I had the xhot pros, couldn't fault them, my first clubs and got me from 20-14. Then got Apex cf16's. Id recommend both, but if you're thinking 2nd hand have a look at the Apex 14's. Super clubs. Ive used Golfbidder.co.uk in the past for buying and selling, excellent service and clubs are quality checked......no fakes. Plus a 12 month warranty.

http://www.golfbidder.co.uk/models/2517/Callaway_Iron_Set_Apex.html

Avoid eBay. Don't know what you're getting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭sydneygolfdude

thanks for all the advice gents. Some great deals to be had on that golfbidder website.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I've used Golfbidder a few times in the past and find them excellent.

Advertisement