Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone SE repair - usual cracked screen also camera

Options
  • 27-11-2017 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

Hi
    wondering if anyone here has experience in either repair of these SE model phones or sending to a Dublin repair workshop?

I have 2x problems to fix :(

The more important one is the usual smashed screen, fell off a counter onto a tiled floor on one of the few occasions I had it out of its griffin case ffs. Phone works but its well smashed cant really use

The rear camera hasn't worked almost from the start (won't focus...apparently its a known problem but I never got around to sending it back to Apple)

Anyway, I have heard that not all the screens used by the repair shops or in the self-repair kits are of an OEM standard or even retina type?!

Most obliged if someone could advise me either:
    1) a repair shop that uses quality Apple standard screens OR a self repair kit to look out for that I could DIY
    2) camera replacement as a bonus (I haven't found much online about the rear camera online atall)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

martco wrote: »
    Hi
    wondering if anyone here has experience in either repair of these SE model phones or sending to a Dublin repair workshop?

I have 2x problems to fix :(

The more important one is the usual smashed screen, fell off a counter onto a tiled floor on one of the few occasions I had it out of its griffin case ffs. Phone works but its well smashed cant really use

The rear camera hasn't worked almost from the start (won't focus...apparently its a known problem but I never got around to sending it back to Apple)

Anyway, I have heard that not all the screens used by the repair shops or in the self-repair kits are of an OEM standard or even retina type?!

Most obliged if someone could advise me either:
    1) a repair shop that uses quality Apple standard screens OR a self repair kit to look out for that I could DIY
    2) camera replacement as a bonus (I haven't found much online about the rear camera online atall)

No one but Apple uses the OEM parts. And non-OEM screens can be poor. If you want a proper screen repair, it really needs to go back to Apple. Screen repair costs are on the Apple website.

Advertisement