Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Straight Razor / Cut Throat Razor Lessons?

Options
  • 27-11-2017 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Are there any courses available in Dublin where you can learn to use a straight razor? I have found plenty of courses aimed at barbers and hair dressers, but none for the average man looking to learn this skill. My brother is interested in learning, and a course in it would make a great Christmas present, but I just can’t find one! Any advice welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

I would be hugely surprised if there was. For many people it's just a case of getting a shave ready straight razor and having a go at it.

There are plenty of videos on YouTube that would explain it all. It's really not difficult as long as you possess some hand eye coordination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Blow up a balloon or rubber jonny and tie it. Lather in shaving soap and practise shaving the balloon without bursting it

Not even joking know a couple barbers who used this as part of their training

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Blow up a balloon or rubber jonny and tie it. Lather in shaving soap and practise shaving the balloon without bursting it

Not even joking know a couple barbers who used this as part of their training

Just don't use ribbed or studded.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 2dizzylizzie

Thanks for the advice gents. I guess I’ll be getting him a nice straight razor and and a bag of balloons for Christmas!

Advertisement