Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Soll Updates: New Ski School, and Salvenstadl closing... FOREVER!!!

• 27-11-2017 6:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭

Hi All!!!

Long time no see! (Life is actually kinda good out here in the real world, haha!)

Just dropping in with a couple of updates for Soll this season.

1- Some of you may know Rudi, he's an amazing instructor. Bald guy with an earring, plays in a band by night. He's set up his own ski school now, and well worth checking out if you're looking for someone to take you touring/off-piste, or any level of instruction. I can't recommend him highly enough, he's an all-round great guy. Tell him I sent you :-)

The other thing is this is the LAST season EVER for the SalvenStadl!! So if you want to go & experience the joy of it one last time, you'd better get your arse over there pronto!

Huge love to all,

Karen :-) <3 xxxx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭fannymagee

From Rudi's announcement post on Facebook: (I have no affiliation to this (or any) ski school, other than knowing Rudi and what a great ski-instructor he is) xx

Hello to all you ski snow heads ;)

After a little preparation time we can finally bring the brilliant news to all of you.

We are going to start a new ski school called Mountain Mind :)

My good friend Peter Graus and me were talking for a while now that we should start a new ski school in Soell. And yes it is happening this winter and we are so excited and looking forward to it. Even the snow decided to come earlier this year for us.

Peter Graus was one of my two mentors with skiing, the other one was Ted Kaufmann. Without them two i would have never reached the level i am now after 25 years instructing. And for this i am very thankful.

Peter and me talk so many times about skiing and how to improve all the time. Cause for us skiing is a life style and the coolest sport on this planet.

Mountain Mind will be more than a normal ski school. We want to bring a professional, high quality service to our customers. It doesn't matter if you are a beginner or very experienced skier we will get you on the next level with our high qualified instructors and coaches.
    We will offer group and private lessons as well as coaching, training and guiding (on and off piste).

We will listen to you and work with you to solve the things were you struggle, on your technique or/and psychologically.

You are a very experienced skier, but you are stuck and wont get the improvement you want? You have done private lessons but it didn't help to improve? Well we will coach you to the next level because we have the experience and know-how to work with people on the highest level.
    You are scared to get to the next level because it means you have to go on the steeper pistes? We will work with you until you are ready for the next step. This means we won’t push you too early for the next level as we want you to feel save and ready in any situation. And we want you to enjoy every single minute on your skis.

You are a beginner? We will look after you and show you the first steps in a high professional way and want to make it an unforgettable experience and holiday for you.

We teach, train and coach any level and would love it to reach your goals with us.
    Have a look on our website, www.mountainmind.tirol . There are a few things in progress on the site, but you can already have a look.

We are looking forward to welcome you at "Mountain Mind" and show our world of skiing.

Regards to all of you,

Rudi.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭earlyapex

Ah Fanny,no Salvenstadl! why, such a successful bar I would have thought. Whats the replacement?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,605 ✭✭✭blue note

I thought the Jam Jar was where it was at last year, although everyone did keep telling me that the Slavenstadl was strangely quiet all week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

earlyapex wrote: »
    Ah Fanny,no Salvenstadl! why, such a successful bar I would have thought. Whats the replacement?

No replacement, their lease is up after this season. The owners of the building run the shop next door to it and are expanding...

stevire wrote: »
    No replacement, their lease is up after this season. The owners of the building run the shop next door to it and are expanding...

I think they're also kinda sick of the noise ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭cormee

fannymagee wrote: »
    Hi All!!!

Long time no see! (Life is actually kinda good out here in the real world, haha!)

1- Some of you may know Rudi, he's an amazing instructor. Bald guy with an earring, plays in a band by night. He's set up his own ski school now, and well worth checking out if you're looking for someone to take you touring/off-piste, or any level of instruction. I can't recommend him highly enough, he's an all-round great guy. Tell him I sent you :-)

The other thing is this is the LAST season EVER for the SalvenStadl!! So if you want to go & experience the joy of it one last time, you'd better get your arse over there pronto!

Huge love to all,

Karen :-) <3 xxxx

Hey Fanny, welcome back. You sticking around?

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

WHY would you want to close the Salvenstadl down?
    I always saw the place packed in the evenings for après ski and everyone got the burgers there early on in the day.
    I thought that place was a gold mine.Lucky enough we are heading back there this season for its final hurrah!

cormee wrote: »
    Hey Fanny, welcome back. You sticking around?

Hey Cormee!

Ah sure I'll be lurking. How'd yiz survive last season without me?! 🀣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭cormee

Hey Cormee!

Ah sure I'll be lurking. How'd yiz survive last season without me?! 🀣

Between that, and me only making a single trip, it was a very quiet season, fanny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭Deepsouthwest

Hey there, I’m hoping to stay in Soll for 4 days and 4 nights, from the 20th of Jan to the 24th of Jan, could u recommend any accommodation, we’re three males so ideally would like three separate rooms, but will consider anything!
    It’s our third visit to Soll, but first in 5 yrs, so can’t wait to get back there again!

• Advertisement

Hey there, I’m hoping to stay in Soll for 4 days and 4 nights, from the 20th of Jan to the 24th of Jan, could u recommend any accommodation, we’re three males so ideally would like three separate rooms, but will consider anything!
    It’s our third visit to Soll, but first in 5 yrs, so can’t wait to get back there again!

Most accommodation is sold on a weekly basis so it can be difficult to get shorter stays, but try the Schoenblick- Barbara there may have a triple room, or else the Christopherous, the Franzlhof (chalet style) or email the tourist board & they'll send you a list of availability.

Enjoy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Neopolitan

Hi, looking at booking a trip to Austria in February and Soll sounds good! Probably going to book a package with DirectSki/Topflight/Crystal, is it worth arranging lessons and rentals by ourselves? We're mostly beginners or near beginners :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

.... He's set up his own ski school now, and well worth checking out if you're looking for someone to take you touring/off-piste, or any level of instruction. I can't recommend him highly enough, he's an all-round great guy. Tell him I sent you :-)

Hi Karen,

Early season snow for a change. Good luck with the ski school.

What’s the options in advanced group lessons , more off piste than piste in Söell?

I am thinking of a solo trip late next week. Would there be anywhere to hire telemark skis? I know of a place in Kitzbühel, which is a bit arkward for pick up and return.

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    Hi Karen,

Early season snow for a change. Good luck with the ski school.

What’s the options in advanced group lessons , more off piste than piste in Söell?

I am thinking of a solo trip late next week. Would there be anywhere to hire telemark skis? I know of a place in Kitzbühel, which is a bit arkward for pick up and return.

Hi Kaisr!

Definitely speak with Rudi at the above link re: off piste, he's the man for it! And he'll give you guidance re: telemarks as well. Not sure if you can hire them in the village but he'll know if you can, or he might even be able to borrow some for you 😉

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Thanks Fanny/aka Karen!

Neopolitan wrote: »
    Hi, looking at booking a trip to Austria in February and Soll sounds good! Probably going to book a package with DirectSki/Topflight/Crystal, is it worth arranging lessons and rentals by ourselves? We're mostly beginners or near beginners :)

Most accommodation is sold on a weekly basis so it can be difficult to get shorter stays, but try the Schoenblick- Barbara there may have a triple room, or else the Christopherous, the Franzlhof (chalet style) or email the tourist board & they'll send you a list of availability.

Enjoy!!
    Thanx a million for ur help, got our accommodation booked with Barbara, and she seems v nice!

Hi All!!!

Huge love to all,

Karen :-) :heart: xxxx
    Going back to Soll for the first time in 5 yrs in a few wks time and can’t wait.
    Is there any cool or new runs we should be looking out for? (We’re intermediate snowboarders)
    Any major changes in where the apres ski happens or is there any new or interesting places to frequent this time?
    We only have 4 days and 4 nights so don’t want to waste any time!

Lads. SERIOUS snow here at the moment!! Not sure how to add a photo through the app, but you can use your imaginations 😂 Happy days ❄

• Registered Users Posts: 34 highpath

Hi Fanny,

Heading out next Sat, is there much snow in the village?

Ta

Highpath

highpath wrote: »
    Hi Fanny,

Heading out next Sat, is there much snow in the village?

Ta

Highpath

YES!! Even the headstones in the churchyard are covered! It's glorious here at the moment 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Mountain_Surfer

Coming out to Soll at the start of March... gutted not to be able to make the most of the amazing snow thats there at the moment! Fingers crossed that this exceptional season keeps on giving until then

Advertisement