Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online book stores that deliver with An Post?

• 27-11-2017 7:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭

Any idea?

I want to post a couple of books but they need to be collected at the local post office.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭threetrees

Easons. I have had deliveries from them via An Post and it says An Post on their website.
    Hth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Any idea?

I want to post a couple of books but they need to be collected at the local post office.

Thanks

Can you deliver stuff to people for them to collect at their post office?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Can you deliver stuff to people for them to collect at their post office?

Sorry, probably got sorted by now, but get them to register with address pal and once you use the address pal address when ordering, books will be delivered to a post offfice of their choice. HTH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

There used to be something called post restant. you could send to
    joe bloggs
    post restant
    any po
    any town
    ireland

and joe could collect. not sure if it still exists

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poste_restante

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20 HenryCrun

According to the An Post website FAQ it is still available, so inquire at your local post office:
    "Poste Restante is a free service that allows visitors to a town to have their mail addressed to the local Post Office, where it will be held for collection."

• Advertisement
Advertisement