Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a Refund on Credit Card from Website

Options
  • 27-11-2017 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hi,  I purchased a Christmas present from a UK website to be delivered to my parents home last week but now I believe that it may not be an honest place to have bought from.  The item has apparently shipped but the Royal Mail tracking number isn't  working and I can't get response from them.

I am going to give them some more time to reply but if my suspicions are true is it possible to get the amount I paid back onto my Mastercard?  Is there a certain procedure to follow?

I also live in Canada so I can't physically go to a bank until December 18 when I'm home next.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Mossyman wrote: »
    Hi, I purchased a Christmas present from a UK website to be delivered to my parents home last week but now I believe that it may not be an honest place to have bought from. The item has apparently shipped but the Royal Mail tracking number isn't working and I can't get response from them.

I am going to give them some more time to reply but if my suspicions are true is it possible to get the amount I paid back onto my Mastercard? Is there a certain procedure to follow?

I also live in Canada so I can't physically go to a bank until December 18 when I'm home next.

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

I'd ask first of all that you attempt to get a refund form the retailer. If they don't respond to you or refuse the refund you can apply for a charge back through us using the form here. Also you can raise this through "Ask a question" section of your 365 online profile if you are worried about the retailer holding your card details and the advisers there will be able to place what is called a "Cancelation of Continuous Authority" which would mean that you have charge back rights on any future transactions that the company may present for.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else and thanks again for the message.
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Mossyman

Yes I will attempt a refund from the retailer, I wanted to know this as a backup if things don't turn out as wanted.  

Thanks for your help.

Advertisement