Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Largest (U) wall mount rack?

Options
  • 27-11-2017 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭

Job going on after Christmas....
    Ideally I want them to install a 16U rack, but guessing this is going to be too much for a wall, regardless of how well it's fixed.

Is something this size generally on wheels? (Could secure it to the wall also to stop it moving)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Job going on after Christmas....
    Ideally I want them to install a 16U rack, but guessing this is going to be too much for a wall, regardless of how well it's fixed.

Is something this size generally on wheels? (Could secure it to the wall also to stop it moving)

Switch rack or full depth? I can see up to 21U 600mm deep but if you're planning to rack servers that's just too much weight leveraged against the top of the rack.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Went with a floor rack on casters and legs - makes much more sense.

Cheers.

Advertisement