Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which New Android Phone To Go For (€500)?

Options
  • 27-11-2017 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi, I currently have an iPhone 7 and I am looking to change to an Android device. I can get around €400 for the iPhone and only want to put an additional €100 towards the new phone. I know a good bit about phones but I'm just looking for others opinions would like an up to date Android phone with an 18:9 inch aspect ratio. My thought is to go for the new OnePlus 5T as other phones such as the Galaxy S8 are still above €500. Thanks for any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

When I seen the title of the thread I was immediately going to suggest the OP5T but since you already know about I will just say I got the OP5T yesterday moving on from the OP3 and I love this phone already, the screen is just brilliant and makes all the old bezel filled phones look ancient.

The Build of Android that it comes with (Oxygen OS) is the closest to stock Android you'll find, even the pixel phones technically have a skinned version of Android that entices you to use their apps and services more so if you don't want/need/like that you don't have to with Oxygen OS.

The Performance of the phone is quicker than any other Android phone I've seen so far. Inc. S8 & Note 8. But I would say the pixel 2 phones would be on par with it.

The Battery gave me 7 and a half hours of screen on time from the very first full charge of the phone and even then I was doing a lot of mobile gaming and watching an hour or so of YouTube because I was actively trying to drain the battery but this thing would not die!

I didn't think I'd care about the face unlock feature but now I don't know why this wasn't done before on every Android phone, its scary quick and so far has worked every time for me. The fingerprint scanner is great too (and in an easy to reach place😀) and you can use both to secure your phone.

Overall I would recommend it to anyone but since your budget is 500 this should be perfect for you.

HTH.

Advertisement