Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you need a passport when traveling to Belfast?

• 27-11-2017 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Do you need a passport when traveling to Belfast from Republic of Ireland?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

nuvene wrote: »
    Do you need a passport when traveling to Belfast from Republic of Ireland?

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Is this a joke?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

Lads, will ye relax. Some people actually need a visa and hence a passport to travel to the north.

OP, what passport do you hold and do you need a Visa to enter the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

Is this a joke?

No it is a serious question.Seeing that Northern Ireland is a part of the UK.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

No it is a serious question.Seeing that Northern Ireland is a part of the UK.

If the p.o. has an Irish passport they dont

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Stheno wrote: »
    If the p.o. has an Irish passport they dont

Or a UK one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Irish National technically not due to common travel area - Eu National I’d say bring a passport just to be sure. From Outside Eu I’d check your visa.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-border-control/before-you-leave-for-the-uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

You need to have your passport and visa that you had when you entered Ireland.
    I've heard of some people having problems getting back into the Republic because they went to the North without having their passport and visa and got checked on their way back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

I've never understood how people make it all the way past google before deciding to start a thread and then not contribute to it.

And yet, still plenty of helpful answers. Any more info op so people can help you out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Passport aside, don't overlook the vaccinations requirements

• Advertisement
Advertisement