Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 UK Championship 28/11 - 10/12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,009 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Some dope in the front row wearing a wooly hat seen on Twitter he’s blocking people’s view and refusing to take it off

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Enjoying Alan McManus in the studio and the commentary box. Nice to get a different insight. Have Willie Thorne and John Virgo got the boot?

Shame that Gould couldn't make more of a match of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭mikeysmith

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

You could argue it the other way too

A lot of the best tacticians are nowhere when their game goes

pconn062 wrote: »
    Enjoying Alan McManus in the studio and the commentary box. Nice to get a different insight. Have Willie Thorne and John Virgo got the boot?

Shame that Gould couldn't make more of a match of this.
    Thorne got the boot anyhow

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Thorne will do the Welsh Open (BBC Wales) & World Champs, Virgo will be back for the Masters.

• Advertisement

Maguire has given Ronnie a few decent games over the years, even beaten him on a few occasions. Playing well enough, it seems, to make it interesting tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

I do not miss the "WHERE IS THE QUE BALL GOING!!" every time it gets within two feet of the pocket.

Still on for the Murphy v Ronnie final which was predicted alot last week

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Lol, was dragging myself round the shops this afternoon with the happy thought that at least I could watch the Ronnie game this evening. :(

Lol, was dragging myself round the shops this afternoon with the happy thought that at least I could watch the Ronnie game this evening. :(

I went for a few frames thinking the same was disgusted

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Holy Diver

Maguire looking reasonably strong all week. Wouldn’t bet against him beating Ronnie.

Funny earlier when Davis mentioned licking the balls. Don’t think he got why Hazel laughed!

Maguire looking reasonably strong all week. Wouldn’t bet against him beating Ronnie.

Funny earlier when Davis mentioned licking the balls. Don’t think he got why Hazel laughed!

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭eric hoone

Holy Diver wrote: »

What was Davis talking about licking the balls? why would they do that? Cheers

eric hoone wrote: »
    What was Davis talking about licking the balls? why would they do that? Cheers

He was on about the affect of humidity on how the balls react.

Close there Mags but how utterly typical to have rattled in the great long pink and then miss the (relatively) easy black.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Ronald through to the final. 6-4.

• Advertisement

Hot and cold today, Ronnie. Considering he was in first every frame bar the last, Maguire will go away thinking what might have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Murphy wins 6-3, decent looking final.

I thought the Chinese players would really be coming through by now but nobody comparable to O'Sullivan's ability has appeared.

mikeysmith wrote: »
    I thought the Chinese players would really be coming through by now but nobody comparable to O'Sullivan's ability has appeared.

There won't be another Ronnie , he is unique. I strongly fancy Murphy tomorrow night, really looking foward to it.

mikeysmith wrote: »

True and all the nonsense spouted by the likes of Davis over the years about how they’d be dominating within a decade blah blah. Zhao Xintong was once the coming star, now it’s Yan Bingtao who, in fairness, is a proper talent but not even close to being another Ronnie (which may never happen anyway).

There’s no question there are great numbers playing the game over there, so I’d wonder about the set-up, standard of coaching etc. Its harder for them because they still have to relocate to be competitive, but they still should have more players reaching the top by now imo anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Roonie said he doesn't play for money...lol. Remember the 147 he turned down?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Ronnie would tell you his prayers in these various interviews

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Nice clearance by Murphy to level it. Should be good and tight in the evening session.

Looks like Ronnie wants this one

Murphy not the sharpest knife in the drawer ,has to be said

• Advertisement

Hasn’t done all that much wrong Murphy, Ron’s safety is giving him the edge. If he keeps this level up can’t see any way back for Murph.

Advertisement