Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nazi skinheads

• 27-11-2017 10:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭

What is it about the skinhead look that modern day Nazis find so appealing? I get shaving your head if you're going bald, but why do they do it if you can grow a nice head of hair and style it? What's the charm in it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,318 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

It just "looks" more aggressive, they're playing up to a stereotype, because the few skinheads I know wouldn't harm a hair on another person!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

The early skins weren't nazis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭OnDraught

Your Face wrote: »
    The early skins weren't nazis.

The vast majority still aren't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

c_man wrote: »
    What is it about the skinhead look that modern day Nazis find so appealing? I get shaving your head if you're going bald, but why do they do it if you can grow a nice head of hair and style it? What's the charm in it?

If yous get in a physical fight

People can't catch you by the hair..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Thought the Nazis were going for the Hitler youth haircut these days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Everyone is a Nazi these days.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Do you get actual skinheads anymore, of the old school doc martens and braces variety? I'd have thought they were largely a thing of a the past, and the shaved head look is considered mainstream these days. It no longer has the power to shock or convey that you're some kind of rebel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭OnDraught

Do you get actual skinheads anymore, of the old school doc martens and braces variety? I'd have thought they were largely a thing of a the past, and the shaved head look is considered mainstream these days. It no longer has the power to shock or convey that you're some kind of rebel.

There was a gig down in the Voodoo Lounge last month with plenty albeit most are well in to their 50's and the vast majority still sporting the look were over from England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

There are still a few skinheads about especially around Belfast but like says above they’re remnants from the whole Oi scene in the 70’s and 80’s. I think they’re more real than the idiots nowadays who change their looks every other week to suit the latest trend. These lads have stuck to their guns for the last 20-30 years and that’s pretty cool in my book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭The Legend Of Kira

Just because someone has a skinhead haircut doesn,t mean that the person is a nazi based on the hairstyle alone, they might a tight haircut for other reasons for example they might play sport & have that type of haircut so they won,t sweat as much. 

But if they dress a certain way besides having a a skinhead haircut they might be a nazi, example twice in recent months I seen two youngsters in town aged about 18 to 19 by the look of them, they both had skinhead haircuts but the way they were both dressed would give some people the first impression they might be nazis, ever see that film ( Romper Stomper ) ? they were both dressed like the skinhead characters you d see in that film as in they were both wearing same kinda of jeans & same type of boots & same type of leather jackets with stickers on the jacket, now they might be nazis or they might be dressing that way to follow a fashion trend or something, but you know the saying about first impressions .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Everyone is a Nazi these days.

Not me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭Vic_08

OnDraught wrote: »
    There was a gig down in the Voodoo Lounge last month with plenty albeit most are well in to their 50's and the vast majority still sporting the look were over from England.

Yeah, that's just a bunch of bald blokes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

If yous get in a physical fight

People can't catch you by the hair..

Tactics, well played

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

I get a 5mm cut cause I get too hot in the plastic protective hat I have to wear while working. The hat is orange and has no red or black or white in it :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,318 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

OnDraught wrote: »

Bovver boys? :D

Interestingly, even the Wikipedia link when you click on it says "redirected from Bovver boys" -

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skinhead

But if they dress a certain way besides having a a skinhead haircut they might be a nazi, example twice in recent months I seen two youngsters in town aged about 18 to 19 by the look of them, they both had skinhead haircuts but the way they were both dressed would give some people the first impression they might be nazis, ever see that film ( Romper Stomper ) ? they were both dressed like the skinhead characters you d see in that film as in they were both wearing same kinda of jeans & same type of boots & same type of leather jackets with stickers on the jacket, now they might be nazis or they might be dressing that way to follow a fashion trend or something, but you know the saying about first impressions .

They're usually fairly accurate?

I'd imagine it was more likely fitting in with a fashion trend than making any sort of a personal statement about themselves. Sure I'd say a lot of us here who went to school in the 80's remember wearing these jackets, and a good many of the lads had tennis ball haircuts and doc martens :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Most skinheads are pussy ass bitches

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

SJW pratt has to apologize for calling a guy a Nazi Skinhead because of how he looked..

Absolutely Priceless :pac:

Advertisement