Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help/advice from anyone working in Medtech R&D

Options
  • 27-11-2017 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Apologies if this thread is out of place here but I didn’t have much luck after starting one recently in the Work and Jobs forum and thought this forum might be a better bet. In a nutshell, I’m looking for some info/feedback from anyone working in R&D in the Medtech sector. If this happens to be you then I'd really appreciate it if you could take a look at the original thread here www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=105308006. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,411 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

^^^^
    Link not working for me (on Touch site)

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Subtle

Sorry, boards making life difficult for me for some reason - will try again:->

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057809312

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

How do this pertain to Galway city? Are you working here, or want to work here?

biko wrote: »
    How do this pertain to Galway city? Are you working here, or want to work here?

Sorry, I'm living in Galway city and looking at the possibility of working in the very vibrant Medtech sector here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭king_of_inismac

The heavy-hitters in Galway lean heavily towards mechanical devices. This includes the likes of Medtronic, Boston, Creganna, Lake Region, etc.

However, I'd say two things:
    1. The cutting edge in R&D is moving towards electro-mechanical;
    2. There are a growing number of start-ups hiring (or struggling to find!) good electronic engineers.

PM me details of your experience/expertise and I may be able to connect you to some companies.

• Advertisement

The heavy-hitters in Galway lean heavily towards mechanical devices. This includes the likes of Medtronic, Boston, Creganna, Lake Region, etc.
    That's actually exactly what I've found myself through some sussing - the top three companies mainly seem to have R&D engineers with biomed and mech backgrounds.
    However, I'd say two things:
    1. The cutting edge in R&D is moving towards electro-mechanical;
    2. There are a growing number of start-ups hiring (or struggling to find!) good electronic engineers.

PM me details of your experience/expertise and I may be able to connect you to some companies.
    Thanks king - appreciate this and will do!

Advertisement