Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I haven't an IOTA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

:( Have I missed to boat here....??

I know these things are a gamble but there is no knowing if this will go up further and down again. I am probably better off taking the chance now?

Looks like UK gonig to try regulate the sector...

Only matter of time before some regulation is in

Ignore the regulation - it doesn't mean it's going away, it just means they'll be vetting it better for the tax gains.

IOTA - have you missed the boat? Not in the long term. It'll scrape up to $10b and that'll be a nice number a lot of people pull profit out at, or near there anyway.
    If the devs and whoever's working on their enterprise relations continues to progress at the rate they're at now I'd keep an eye on the news just to see if they have more up their sleeves. I wouldn't think it's a BTC overthower but it has more upside in the short-term unless 2018 gets genuinely crazy, which is a very distinct possibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭snowstreams

Id wait for it to drop before buying in. I've missed the boat here too for now. It will drop back 30% over the next few weeks im sure.

I had some before, bought in at 75c but sold it at 50c. It dropped all the way to 40c after that and stayed low until recently.
    At the time the only news about Iota that I could find, was that Iota is years away from being usable and progressing slowly, that caused me to FUD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

...bought in at 75c but sold it at 50c.

Never ever sell low.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Have a few hundred of these I got when the were @ 0.50c
    Will hold for the longterm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭KilOit

Can't believe this is number 4 market cap and passed ripple, sold some of my stack, weak hands

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,236 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Its my second best performing crypto behind NEO...I missed the express BTC train, got on the rickshaw just recently :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 Crypto Coin

I'm unable to buy iota on Binance, anyone else having trouble, is there is minimum amount?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 766 ✭✭✭wannabecraig

Have a few hundred of these I got when the were @ 0.50c
    Will hold for the longterm.

Same situation but I'm having trouble understanding the wallet situaton. Mine still on the exchange, which I dont like, but IOTA wallet is confusing me.

1300% on this now, thats pretty rare on non ****coins in such a short space of time. My Neo stack hit 1000% before dropping to 500%
    If you're getting in on this now be extremely careful and don't fomo, anything that goes up a few billion in a few days generally dips

• Registered Users Posts: 15 lookingahead

HI,

Transferred Etherum from coinbase for first time there now to Binance to buy IOta over next few days.

I might wait for drop or buy in different amounts/days.

How long does the transfers usually take? Did mine 20 minutes ago and still has not gone through.

It just has Pending on Coinbase site so must be slow at moment.

Alot of the popular coins seem to be expensive now...

Annoyed I missed this one especially when I intended to work on buying some few days ago. Anyhow thanks for all help so far :)

Any of you have trouble with gDAX? I upload second ID then it wants to take picture but it doesnt seem to work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Don't fret it. Similar happened with OMG and it shot up for a few weeks only to plummet for 2 months before a recovery. Iota is just the flavour of the week at the moment but it'll be available again for the long haul.

Up 80%again today :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

crazy gains..... congrats to those who bought....
    but looks like some serious fomo on this at the moment...id be wary buying now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Can't believe that I held this for months and literally from the instant I sold it last week, it has gone on a run increasing by over 466%. I can't think of anything else that has increased so much in such a short space of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

jobless wrote: »
    crazy gains..... congrats to those who bought....
    but looks like some serious fomo on this at the moment...id be wary buying now

Just don't hold them on Binfinex if you do ;)

Price rising so quick that it has huge differences in prices on exchanges, it's over 5$ on binance and bitfinex but the Korean exchanges has it over 8$

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭crushproof

Well done to all that bought. I held off because I wanted to investigate it more. Should have just jumped it. It's clearly the coin of the moment... But what coin is next?!

;)
    crushproof wrote: »
    Well done to all that bought. I held off because I wanted to investigate it more. Should have just jumped it. It's clearly the coin of the moment... But what coin is next?!

Ark
    I'm surprised it's as low as it is, mc should be in the billions imo.. Mobile wallets soon with many updates coming down the line, devs never disappoint and hit deadlines all the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

jester77 wrote: »
    Just don't hold them on Binfinex if you do ;)

Why what am I missing ? :confused:

beno619 wrote: »
    Why what am I missing ? :confused:

Just have a read, if anything will crash the market then it will be these guys and it will be big. There has been a massive run on people withdrawing in the last few days and people are struggling to get their funds out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭snowstreams

Yeah Im a bit worried that the collapse of bitfinex could affect the price of Cryptos overall.
    But bitfinex does seem to have been doing dodgy stuff the last while so hopefully it wont affect other places.

I have 1 iota left on Bitfinex but they have a minimum transfer amount of about 10 euro!

I have 1 iota left on Bitfinex but they have a minimum transfer amount of about 10 euro!

No problem, the way thing are going you can cash that 1 IOTA out next week! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

jester77 wrote: »
    Just have a read, if anything will crash the market then it will be these guys and it will be big. There has been a massive run on people withdrawing in the last few days and people are struggling to get their funds out.

Cheers can anyone recommend a good wallet for IOTA ?

I use the default wallet with light node.

Just create a seed locally, don't trust any site with creating it for you. Save it securely, log in with the seed, select a server, click receive, connect to tangle and use the address shown for receiving. It is a 1 time address so don't use it again. History will show pending transactions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Bought some IOTA there last week. I've been trying to withdraw it from Bitfinex all morning, keep getting a bad gateway error. It's a little bit disconcerting, but looking at their subreddit it seems there are other people in the same boat, and their support team seem to be aware of it.

Just on the wallet, I'm using the light node, and I was wondering if it's safe to create your own seed out of random words? That's what I have done at the moment, just want to make sure that's a safe enough way to go about it.

Aspiring wrote: »

Just on the wallet, I'm using the light node, and I was wondering if it's safe to create your own seed out of random words? That's what I have done at the moment, just want to make sure that's a safe enough way to go about it.

I used LastPass password generator then I manually edited a few characters. I'm sure you can make your own seed, was a while ago but think youre not allowed some characters in the seed

Aspiring wrote: »
    Bought some IOTA there last week. I've been trying to withdraw it from Bitfinex all morning, keep getting a bad gateway error. It's a little bit disconcerting, but looking at their subreddit it seems there are other people in the same boat, and their support team seem to be aware of it.

Using random words rather than random characters makes it technically easier to brute force it, but its still pretty much beyond any computing capability we have today or in any sort of reasonable future. (Though quantum computing may impact this, then again it may drastically impact crypto mining etc also!)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

IOTA is now my biggest coin - I got in at 90 cent but it was min for ages. Wondering if its worth selling now as its on the way back down.

Mine is on Bitfinex - I had trouble logging in todauy, should I move to Binance?

Zascar wrote: »
    IOTA is now my biggest coin - I got in at 90 cent but it was min for ages. Wondering if its worth selling now as its on the way back down.

Mine is on Bitfinex - I had trouble logging in todauy, should I move to Binance?

I would get it off Bitfinex, they appear to be in trouble and might not last too much longer. Dodgy tether dealings and they appear to be wash trading IOTA to pump the price.

• Advertisement

Hi,

I hold IOTA on Binance. Do you think I should set up a wallet to move the Iota to or just keep on binance?

Anyone got any good steps on setting up a wallet if Im best too.

Regards,

Advertisement