Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NYC Hotel rooms w/seperate living room with sofabed

Options
  • 27-11-2017 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭

Anyone have a personal recommendation for a Manhattan hotel with separate living room with a pull out bed? Promised my niece a trip to New York if she did well in her junior cert & thankfully that extra bit of incentive worked a treat!

Looked at Marriott, Staybridge & Candlewood Suites in Midtown, but not seeing anything that fits the bill.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

I’ve looked into this before and found it’s a terribly expensive option for manhattan as you are essentially looking for a 1 bedroom apartment which will be $$$. There’s a reason so many New Yorkers live in studios!

The cheapest tourist location by far in Manhattan I find is Bowery so focus your search there and you might get lucky.

If you widen your search to Brooklyn and also maybe Airbnb you could get lucky but if you can suck it up at all, I’d just spend the extra on a nice twin room.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Anyone have a personal recommendation for a Manhattan hotel with separate living room ...

That's called a suite and will be very expensive in Manhattan. What might not be a 'separate living room' but sometimes includes a seating area separate from the bed area would be called a 'superior' room and might meet your requirements but it will be a premium price.

But if you want two people sleeping in the same hotel room but separated by an inner door, you have to book a suite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Thanks folks.

Home2 suites by Hilton in Long Island City seems to tick quite a few boxes - great reviews, seperate living room with sofa bed, beside the subway with good connections to Union Square & the park & the price is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

I'd try air BnB too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Thread moved to where it would be better suited.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,116 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

woodchuck wrote: »
    I'd try air BnB too.

But it's illegal in manhattan?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Thanks folks.

Home2 suites by Hilton in Long Island City seems to tick quite a few boxes - great reviews, seperate living room with sofa bed, beside the subway with good connections to Union Square & the park & the price is good.

Long Island city is a great location. 10 mins into midtown Manhattan, good restaurant options and Gantry State Park has amazing views of Manhattan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Caranica wrote: »
    But it's illegal in manhattan?

This. I wouldn't recommend AirBnb in New York. It could work out or it could be a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭sinnerboy0

In like 2006 I stayed in a family room in the beacon hotel which was like this. Think it was $800 for four nights or something like that. Might be worth checking. It's on 75th & Broadway beside the beacon theatre. There's a subway stop a couple of blocks away so it's grand for getting around.

sinnerboy0 wrote: »
    In like 2006 I stayed in a family room in the beacon hotel which was like this. Think it was $800 for four nights or something like that. Might be worth checking. It's on 75th & Broadway beside the beacon theatre. There's a subway stop a couple of blocks away so it's grand for getting around.

Have seen it recommend online quite often alright when doing a little research, though it's pricey on my prospective dates (March 8th - 11th)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Mdbd1

Marriott Residence Inn Manhattan. You'll be doing a lot of sightseeing and more walking than you anticipate now so make it easy on yourself and sat on the island of Manhattan!
    All the Kimpton hotels in Manhattan do King bed suites which are basically one bedroom but with a pull out sofa bed and half wall or door. We like that chain and they do great offers if you register with the Kimpton Rewards 'insider' program - it's free - a bit like a Tesco Clubcard! Discounts, half price upgrades, wine hour, that sort of thing.

Went for this place on Park & E26th in the end & glad I did - having Manhattan on the doorstep (as opposed to jumping on a train) was worth the added expense.

Wasn't cheap, but was within walking distance of midtown, the park & the village. Double sofa bed was comfy by all accounts, tea, coffee, pastries & drinks available in the lobby gratis all day.

Subway stations at 23rd & 28th just a short walk away.

Would recommend.

https://hotelgiraffe.com/en/rooms.html

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHMaSI0l63PScWLV4i_ZmhHuCG0ZfH07KMPbNuE4dV3hdwrtIU

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭RachealB

Hi probably late but stayed in tryp midtown west 35 st large room with a sitting area in family rooms nice safe area

Advertisement