Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wildfowling

Options
  • 28-11-2017 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭

Hi all,is everyone else finding teal and wigeon scarce? They are missing around here anyway, it is disappointing as they make up a lot of the sport for me.
    Just wondering how others were finding things

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blackpearl

Last weekend was the first time this year that we started to see teal on the drains and streams around our area but loads of snipe since opening day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

Yes we have had good numbers of snipe too but no teal to speak of. From watching local birdwatching sitesre the is a marked lack of migratory wildfowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Give it a few weeks until winter starts to bite further up north....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

Peak teal numbers here are around 15th of October on average. I know of course this has been a very mild and late winter. The cold front hitting this week will move birds but to where?

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭richiedel123

grassroot1 wrote: »
    Peak teal numbers here are around 15th of October on average. I know of course this has been a very mild and late winter. The cold front hitting this week will move birds but to where?

Same in the midlands wit us. Duck are in extremely low numbers. Because of the floods last week i seen a few duck and it's the first time since the start of the season i actually met duck when out shooting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

We had a good number of duck at the very start of the season, but haven't seen much for a while.

I'm hoping the cold snaps will have them coming back

Advertisement