Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing Immersion Timer

• 28-11-2017 12:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭

Hi All
    The timer on my Rotary Immersion heater (Grasslin) is knackered and needs to be replaced.

Instead of buying an overpriced replacement Grasslin unit... are there any modern Commercial IOT type devices I can get to replace it?

I have recently purchased a Philips HUE bridge and Google home and hoping to put them to good use

I don't have central heating (apartment) so a Nest etc. would probably be no good to me

Thanks in Advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

If it's a 3kw unit I posted about a combined 13A spur and wifi app controlled unit for this job already. About 90 euro in phibsboro electric Dublin.

Lightwaverf have a 3KW immersion unit too I have one. Works very well

You'd need a hub and the timer would set you back about 160 but it has nice IFTTT options

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Boards.ie: fused spur with WiFi - http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057781983

Advertisement