Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying in Tyrellstown

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

not yet wrote: »
    Are you honestly that blind that you don't know what going on...?

Type ant-social behaviour for the area you'll get all the sources you want.

Not blind at all. I live in Tyrrelstown and have first hand experiences of the area. Unlike most commentators.

I do feel that it’s really important that anyone offering an opinion, or suggesting that their opinions are ‘FACT’ need to be able to back it up. Especially when someone has been using phrases like “The mix of council bought houses, Buy to let, and people who have moved out and rented is about 50%.“ and “Vulture fund Twinlite tried recently to sell off 200 homes”, both of which bear no resemblance to fact.

I’m happy to acknowledge the downside of Tyrrelstown - and balance it with the upside, because I do feel that it is a balance. Others, however, make up stats, claim they are FACTS and not be willing to, or able to, point to any credible source verifying their positions. And I’m always going to challenge those inaccuracies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭AlanG

Are you honestly that blind that you don't know what going on...?

Type ant-social behaviour for the area you'll get all the sources you want.

It is amazing why someone who seems to have never lived in Tyrrelstown and doesn't even know a simple thing like who Twinlight are would look to be the main contributor on a forum asking about the area. The stuff you are saying is simply not true - you have been proved wrong on two of your "facts" and have no source for the others. Perhaps you are looking to buy a house there and don't want the competition.

Tyrrelstown is a big area with a young demographic so of course it has some issues - the point is that it is no worse than most similar areas and is extremely well serviced for shops, schools and sports clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

AlanG wrote: »
    It is amazing why someone who seems to have never lived in Tyrrelstown and doesn't even know a simple thing like who Twinlight are would look to be the main contributor on a forum asking about the area. The stuff you are saying is simply not true - you have been proved wrong on two of your "facts" and have no source for the others. Perhaps you are looking to buy a house there and don't want the competition.

Tyrrelstown is a big area with a young demographic so of course it has some issues - the point is that it is no worse than most similar areas and is extremely well serviced for shops, schools and sports clubs.

OK so, If you believe That 100s of properties are not owned by vulture funds so be it, if you also believe the area is not plagued with out of control gangs then I don't know what else to say. But I'll finish on this, Google Tyrrelstown gangs, everything you, or anyone thinking of buying a home there needs to know is on line. Also you do not need to live in an area to know what's happening in that area, as I said I know people who have lived there and people who still live there.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

OP; the only thing to do is to go out there yourself. Go up on a Friday evening and take a walk around or just sit in your car and see what sort of a feeling you get for the place. You'll know pretty quickly if it's for you or not.

OP - there's been a lot said on this thread, and probably the only thing worth repeating is @FormerFormer's comment. Come out and have a look for yourself.

And don't believe everything you read online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Also you do not need to live in an area to know what's happening in that area, as I said I know people who have lived there and people who still live there.

To have a realistic idea you really do.

• Advertisement

ThisRegard wrote: »
    To have a realistic idea you really do.

So if a few trusted friends have been to a restaurant and say it's really good do you listen, add this to Facebook reviews and on line blogs also saying it's good, would you form a picture...?

If those same friends have been on holiday to a particular resort and say it's crap, then trip advisor leans the same way do you take this on board or plough ahead and go to that resort..?

I get some on here are protective of their neighbourhood but the area has more then it's fair share of issues and they are real even if some here choose to ignore them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

So if a few trusted friends have been to a restaurant and say it's really good do you listen, add this to Facebook reviews and on line blogs also saying it's good, would you form a picture...?

If those same friends have been on holiday to a particular resort and say it's crap, then trip advisor leans the same way do you take this on board or plough ahead and go to that resort..?

I get some on here are protective of their neighbourhood but the area has more then it's fair share of issues and they are real even if some here choose to ignore them.

You seem to have an inordinate number of friends in tyrellstown. How come they haven’t left.

I had a sibling who lived there and while it is a maze it looked to me like a well kept lower middle class area. I didn’t see any boarded up houses, no graffiti or burned cars. No litter even. A well tended estate. As for the rentals people who can pay for private rent are fairly well off.

You seem to have an inordinate number of friends in tyrellstown. How come they haven’t left.

I had a sibling who lived there and while it is a maze it looked to me like a well kept lower middle class area. I didn’t see any boarded up houses, no graffiti or burned cars. No litter even. A well tended estate. As for the rentals people who can pay for private rent are fairly well off.

I never said I had an inordinate amount of friends anywhere, what I did say was I had friends who lived there and had some friends who lived there and moved out.

These friends have told me directly there is a major issue with anti social behaviour caused by gangs of youths roaming the area. I have no agenda here I'm simply passing on information to the OP that I have be told first hand..simple as that.

Do you tell other people how great all these imaginary places are despite having never been there yourself? Nope, you wait until you've experienced them before passing definitive judgement.

Your examples are brutal.

FWIW, I don't live there.

People have said from a very early stage there was one particular problem family/group who have since been evicted. It hasn't seen more than its fair share of issues.

Do you tell other people how great all these imaginary places are despite having never been there yourself? Nope, you wait until you've experienced them before passing definitive judgement.

Your examples are brutal.

FWIW, I don't live there.

People have said from a very early stage there was one particular problem family/group who have since been evicted. It hasn't seen more than its fair share of issues.

Regardless of my ''brutal'' examples 2 posters here that have lived there had issues with what I have mentioned, for me the old adage applies here ''you don't need to put your hand into the fire to know you'll get burned''

So I'll leave you all to your lovefest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

I live in Blanch at present and you couldnt pay me enough money to move to Tyrellstown. I said it ten years ago its going to get bad and it did and i guarantee you in another ten years itll be a lot worse. big chance of ghettoisation imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

I live in Blanch at present and you couldnt pay me enough money to move to Tyrellstown. I said it ten years ago its going to get bad and it did and i guarantee you in another ten years itll be a lot worse. big chance of ghettoisation imo

Saying it twice doesn't make it true.

It didn't get bad, there was one troublesome group, gets totally blown out of proportion, they've apparently been dealt with via legal means.

People in glass houses and all that. You know how often Blanchardstown is judged by some people by the actions of the few.

How many times have you been attacked or had your car stolen in that dump you're in?

I'm obviously being facetious as I can see through the hysteria and bull**** when it comes to posts like yours. I know Blanchardstown has issues, but I'm also grown up enough not to run with the herd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

they've apparently been dealt with via legal means.

How exactly have they been dealt with? We're they legally evicted? Have they been moved on elsewhere just to be someone else's problem?

How exactly have they been dealt with? We're they legally evicted? Have they been moved on elsewhere just to be someone else's problem?

Two families were moved to Clonee last April, caused chaos there and were then moved to town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Two families were moved to Clonee last April, caused chaos there and were then moved to town.

How many families are we talking about?

How many families are we talking about?

Two, but the friends of these number a dozen,and are still causing trouble. It's not the families as such it's the sons, Gangster wanna be's.

A few people had a 'word' with them a few weeks back.

Advertisement