If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG 49UJ630V vs HISENSE 49N5700

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

MoodeRator wrote: »
    Hi, I am looking for advice on making a decision between two TVs.
    Are either of these actually HDR10? (LG website say that the LG is 10bit) or just HDR 8 bit + FRC?
    Which would be considered the best of these two?

LG 49UJ630V 
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202917-lg-lg-49uj630v.aspx?swapstore=1#tabSpecifications-tab

HISENSE 49N5700
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202658-49n5700.aspx#tabSpecifications-tab?swapstore=1
    Hi MoodeRator,

thanks for the post - The LG 49UJ630 is deffo not true 10 bit ( and to be fair you could not expect it to be at £449!) but it is HDR10 compatible 

Again the 5700 is an 8 bit + 2 Frc panel and its also supports HDR10, but it also supports HLG HDR.

At the money they are both excellent value, I'm a fan of the UJ630 series TBH as I honestly feel that they give pretty amazing PQ for the money but I would opt for the LG 49UH630 as it has a great built in HD satellite tuner and more importantly the OS on the LG is about the best around ( short of an Android TV!).

Thanks again and drop me a line if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.